Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 08:30 AM

872 posts, read 1,856,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I don't blame you one bit. It won't nowhere but downhill when we were there!
Now you're gone...so let go of WC too.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:47 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Nahh..it was traumatizing. I'm afraid it'll be part of me for a while. What a difference between then, and now. SO much better!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:33 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I don't blame you one bit. It won't nowhere but downhill when we were there!
Well then....now that you're gone, maybe it'll improve.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:36 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Well then....now that you're gone, maybe it'll improve.
Somehow, I doubt it.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,423 times
Saw a couple of deer in WC this afternoon. First time I've seen them in the neighborhood.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:18 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
That's why we didn't buy in WC, unfortunately. We liked it, but we just couldn't get past the lack of enforcement on the part of the HOA.
I sure wish our HOA Staff / BOD chimed in on this thread to read what you stated. If they think they have their s... in one sock they need to pull off their blinders. It is a shame that most people select to move here for the HOA and in no time they find out it's not what it is supposed to be.

In 10 plus years I have seen several GREAT Neighbors move out. It wasn't because they were being transferred, etc. It was simply due to the HOA's lack of enforcement as you said.

Yesterday I left the house early to go Downtown for a Stress Test. On the way back in I saw our Hard Working Maintenance Staff (that was a joke) clearing the weeds out of a couple of monuments. I took a quick shower and left again for work. I saw them pulling away from one that they must have thought they cleaned up pretty well. Well they obvioulsy fooled themselves. Maybe I'll purchase "The Weeds of Central Texas Handbook" for them.

Last edited by wellguy; 04-28-2010 at 09:30 PM..

Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Well they obvioulsy fooled themselves. Maybe I'll purchase "The Weeds of Central Texas Handbook" for them.
It seems to me that 90% of our so called 'grassy areas' are weeds.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:55 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,935 times
Well, I'm always griping about WC lately, so I thought today I could post something positive.. it is, after all, my home for now. We wrote up our neighbor's yard and they immediately sent the monitor over and the yard was mowed in one day. Maybe things (such as enforcement of rules)will get better... like when we first moved here 3 yrs. ago. It could be so much more with just a little effort and better attitude... so that's what I'm going to try and do. I'm just gonna keep my part of WC looking beautiful and stay positive while I live here.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:35 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Well, I'm always griping about WC lately, so I thought today I could post something positive.. it is, after all, my home for now. We wrote up our neighbor's yard and they immediately sent the monitor over and the yard was mowed in one day. Maybe things (such as enforcement of rules)will get better... like when we first moved here 3 yrs. ago. It could be so much more with just a little effort and better attitude... so that's what I'm going to try and do. I'm just gonna keep my part of WC looking beautiful and stay positive while I live here.
As we all know it takes a Man or Lady to fess up to admit you messed up. This evening when I returned home from work I had a Courtesy Notice on our Storm Door (It was mine since I am responsible for the yard). Second one in ten plus years. First one was years ago after leaving our trash can out overnight (after garbage pickup day) and this one was for our front lawn grass being greater than 5" in height although I didn't measure it I know it is closer to 6" in some areas. This was done intetentionally since we are Going Green this year. The Barbed Wire has not arrived at the nearest Tractor Supply Store and the Goats are still up in Lampasses awaiting transport to San Antonio.

OK here is the truth and not excuses. Rain, On Call (SAWS), Weekend Trip to Texas Motor Speedway, Rain, and On Call Again. It was honestly on my list (well it still is) to get it cut this weekend. Tonight I went to Lowes to buy some top soil and Bayer Advanced Grub Worm Killer, oh and a new hose and spray nozzle.(Like I really needed another nozzle)

So as of right now I cannot complain about anyone when it comes to yard appearance. I was given 10 days to correct the problem which I thought was a little long. I hope the weekend stays free of rain. If not I'm going to have to head to Lampasses to pick up the Goats. I better stick the Property Improvement Form in the mail just in case.

I got a kick out of the hose. It is 60' (the label read that I was getting 10 extra feet for the same price of a 50' hose) This was a first for me. Usually its 20% more Pringles Chips or 30% more Shampoo.

Last edited by wellguy; 04-29-2010 at 08:45 PM..

Old 04-29-2010, 09:21 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
As we all know it takes a Man or Lady to fess up to admit you messed up. This evening when I returned home from work I had a Courtesy Notice on our Storm Door (It was mine since I am responsible for the yard). Second one in ten plus years. First one was years ago after leaving our trash can out overnight (after garbage pickup day) and this one was for our front lawn grass being greater than 5" in height although I didn't measure it I know it is closer to 6" in some areas. This was done intetentionally since we are Going Green this year. The Barbed Wire has not arrived at the nearest Tractor Supply Store and the Goats are still up in Lampasses awaiting transport to San Antonio.

OK here is the truth and not excuses. Rain, On Call (SAWS), Weekend Trip to Texas Motor Speedway, Rain, and On Call Again. It was honestly on my list (well it still is) to get it cut this weekend. Tonight I went to Lowes to buy some top soil and Bayer Advanced Grub Worm Killer, oh and a new hose and spray nozzle.(Like I really needed another nozzle)

So as of right now I cannot complain about anyone when it comes to yard appearance. I was given 10 days to correct the problem which I thought was a little long. I hope the weekend stays free of rain. If not I'm going to have to head to Lampasses to pick up the Goats. I better stick the Property Improvement Form in the mail just in case.

I got a kick out of the hose. It is 60' (the label read that I was getting 10 extra feet for the same price of a 50' hose) This was a first for me. Usually its 20% more Pringles Chips or 30% more Shampoo.
Are you becoming Northwest Profile #80 (Goat Renter Guy)??

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio