Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 05:35 PM

260 posts, read 1,145,139 times

Advertisements

So, more news on the AR area. Next to the McDonalds at Culebra and Westwood Loop will be an Arby's. Also a Houlihan's will be in the AR Center. Of note, there were plans to build a hospital along AR Parkway but that apparently has been scrapped...at least it looks that way because the land is now for sale.

http://www.galoproperties.com/var/up...20Brochure.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 06:12 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,586 times
Yeah, I'd imagine there will continue to be more changes in the overall "master plan" as time progresses. Commercial developers are getting a little nervous about investing a lot of resources (time and money) in land when the housing market is slipping.

In other news, our house in AR is about 75% complete, and it's looking like a late Feb/very early March close. We are getting really excited!

--Dim

Old 01-31-2008, 06:28 PM

11 posts, read 36,907 times
Default slipping housing market?

With the feds lowering the interest rate to 3% it is expected to heat things up regarding the buyers and sellers, and that is important. Don't be surprised to see the feds lower it a bit more if the Dow does not respond favorably.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:39 AM

55 posts, read 246,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceDoc View Post
So, more news on the AR area. Next to the McDonalds at Culebra and Westwood Loop will be an Arby's. Also a Houlihan's will be in the AR Center. Of note, there were plans to build a hospital along AR Parkway but that apparently has been scrapped...at least it looks that way because the land is now for sale.

http://www.galoproperties.com/var/up...20Brochure.pdf
Houlihans has backed out. Olive Garden, Red Robin, and Chick fila are going in for sure located on the outparcel of Alamo Ranch Marketplace. However, it seems the pricing for Alamo Ranch is way too high at this point. There are retail spaces cheaper at La Cantera and Stone Oak. Hopefully rates will drop to allow retail and restaurants have a better survival rate.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:50 PM

343 posts, read 1,305,416 times
What do you all think of the growth in Alamo Ranch? Do you think it is still on a good pace or has it slowed down?

I remember last year houses were going up left and right and you had trucks coming and going all day. But lately it seems to have slowed down. Or is it just me?

Old 02-05-2008, 02:58 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
I'm thinking the awful traffic is definitely a turnoff. I personally would never move over there until they got a clue and developed and implemented a good plan for the highways and roads.
I do look forward to that shopping center, though, and hopefully I can find a secret back road way of getting there and back..

Old 02-05-2008, 04:10 PM

394 posts, read 1,506,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I'm thinking the awful traffic is definitely a turnoff. I personally would never move over there until they got a clue and developed and implemented a good plan for the highways and roads.
I do look forward to that shopping center, though, and hopefully I can find a secret back road way of getting there and back..

I'm curious. DH and I are building at AR. We haven't yet moved to SA but have made several trips there in the last 8 weeks and numerous trips to AR during our visits. We have yet to run into anything we considered "awful traffic". Far to the contrary - I just seemed like normal city-type traffic to us. Is it that we just haven't been there during the heavy traffic times? What times of day is traffic really bad? And what's the definition of "bad". I'm just wondering. Obviously a "rush hour" would be worst - what's the times of the worst rush hours?

Thanks - we are anxiously awaiting our move in which won't be til about mid-June. Although we've located an apt. complex for temporary quarters less than a mile away from AR so we can get accustomed to the area

Old 02-05-2008, 05:40 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
I think that what RD is referring to is the traffic and LACK of roadway to accomodate that those that have been here a while have noticed. 2 years ago, the traffic was not 1/3 of what it is now, and those of us that have seen this unchecked growth wonder what 2 yrs down the road holds.

We were going to move from Westcreek to Del Webb...but the turn around on 151/1604 to get into AR or the choice of going down Culebra outside the 1604 interchange has made us rethink for the time being.

I am sure that once the 151/1604 interchange is complete AND they have all that expansion work done on Culebra outside 1604, things will be much better.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:22 PM

410 posts, read 1,249,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I think that what RD is referring to is the traffic and LACK of roadway to accomodate that those that have been here a while have noticed. 2 years ago, the traffic was not 1/3 of what it is now, and those of us that have seen this unchecked growth wonder what 2 yrs down the road holds.

We were going to move from Westcreek to Del Webb...but the turn around on 151/1604 to get into AR or the choice of going down Culebra outside the 1604 interchange has made us rethink for the time being.

I am sure that once the 151/1604 interchange is complete AND they have all that expansion work done on Culebra outside 1604, things will be much better.
I actually don't have a problem with it. I try to use it at different times though, never 5.

I wish I could move into the Del Webb community. I've been trying to talk my in-laws into moving in there.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:50 PM

409 posts, read 1,561,627 times
KY Filly,
We live in AR and welcome you to the community and to San Antonio! Traffic is not so bad to us but then, we don't know any better! We came from a town of app. 36,000 pop. so traffic was never an issue! Guess we mentally prepared ourselves for it when we moved. I work a few days a month on the North side and morning traffic can be heavy until you get past I-10. Once I turn on Stone Oak Parkway it's as heavy as it is the entire way to that point! We enjoy living here so much we just don't let it get us down! Of course, we don't have to drive it daily. I do realize that makes a lot of difference. It's a great place; hope you'll be happy here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio