Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:32 AM

470 posts, read 1,952,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
While you're in some ways correct, there are still only really two ways into the community. (Disclosure--we close on our AR home in less than 3 weeks.)

Alamo Ranch Parkway - Access via 1604
Westwood Loop - Access via Culebra
Lone Star Parkway - Access via Culebra
Alamo Parkway - Access via Culebra
Roft Road - Access via Culebra

When Culebra is finally done, the situation will be much better. That road can be crazy in the afternoons. Yesterday, for example, the stoplight at Alamo Parkway (where the new Valero is) was flashing red (1560/Alamo Parkway direction) and yellow (Culebra direction). As you can imagine, traffic was messy with the lack of police direction...

--Dim
Well, if you want to get technical on me... ... there's also the 1560 approach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesorno View Post
I am concerned about the noise , Is it bad? My Dog is really sensitive to Fireworks . We are thinking about signing with DR.(Riverstone)
I'm pretty close to the church that's opposite the shooting range. You can hear faint "pops", but nothing that is -at any rate- an issue. The warmer weather dampens the noise even further.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:24 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinocowboy View Post
Well, if you want to get technical on me... ... there's also the 1560 approach.
Yeah, I thought about that one, especially since I take it just about every day to get to my parents' house in Helotes. (Waiting for our home in AR to finish...) Seriously, though, the access to AR is on par with others I have seen. It will undoubtedly make things easier once the Culebra widening project is completed.

Anyone else suspect that they'll rip up the current lanes on Culebra once they've got the new lanes finished? I've noticed (it's pretty obvious) that there are several stretches where the roadbed (new or old) is higher or lower than the other side.

--Dim

Old 02-11-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
Yeah, I thought about that one, especially since I take it just about every day to get to my parents' house in Helotes. (Waiting for our home in AR to finish...) Seriously, though, the access to AR is on par with others I have seen. It will undoubtedly make things easier once the Culebra widening project is completed.

Anyone else suspect that they'll rip up the current lanes on Culebra once they've got the new lanes finished? I've noticed (it's pretty obvious) that there are several stretches where the roadbed (new or old) is higher or lower than the other side.

--Dim
I believe the plan is to do it in two phases. Should be all done by '09 - '10. For a sec there, I thought Jim's was going to get their own private ramp!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:35 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,873 times
Thanks, Latinocowboy. I assumed that the road would be done by next calendar year. Of course, I was HOPING that it would be done much sooner! Oh well, one can always dream...

--Dim

Old 02-11-2008, 05:50 PM

260 posts, read 1,145,244 times
I didn't buy in DR Horton simply due to the pops from the shooting range. It bothered me enough. I'd suggest you go out there and listen for yourself. They're out there frequently enough.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:10 AM

343 posts, read 1,305,527 times
We hardly hear the firing range pops. We mostly hear it when the wind is coming from the north and we have to be outside.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:30 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,820,173 times
My son played soccer at the ACYSO fields off of 1560 this year. I think it might have been Dove hunting season, at any rate it sounded like a warzone for several weeks during soccer season.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:14 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,670,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoyway View Post
We hardly hear the firing range pops. We mostly hear it when the wind is coming from the north and we have to be outside.
A co-worker lives in a DR Horton home that is not too far from Roft Road where the range is. He has heard shooting from there three times (in his house) since he moved in last year.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
A co-worker lives in a DR Horton home that is not too far from Roft Road where the range is. He has heard shooting from there three times (in his house) since he moved in last year.
I'm on the other side of the church that's across from the range. I work from home, and I seldom hear the pops. There are times where there's a competition and you may get a weekend, or several weekdays in succession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio