Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 AM

487 posts, read 992,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
I'm sad to report that Leticia's Mexican Restaurant, on Huebner and Stone Oak Parkway, has their doors locked for non-payment of rent. We tried to go eat there last night, and ended up having to go to Tink-a-Taco on Wilderness Oak instead. It's a shame about Leticia's, because the food was delicious and the wait staff was very friendly.
Another one bites the dust.
I wonder if "Cielito Lindo" had anything to do with that. I think it's in the same corner and always seem to have good crowd.

Last edited by amexicano; 02-01-2011 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 09:08 AM

464 posts, read 804,495 times
Pizzabella on Nacogdoches has closed. Signs in the windows indicate the building is for lease and the marquee outside says "Thanks and Goodbye".

I'll bet in 6 months it'll open as a Taqueria Guácala or something....

Old 02-03-2011, 09:18 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post
I wonder if "Cielito Lindo" had anything to do with that. I think it's in the same corner and always seem to have good crowd.
I don't understand the appeal of that place. Thought the food was eh. And the nightclub -- from what I hear -- is filled with a rough crowd.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:56 PM

472 posts, read 1,076,609 times
I noticed today that the Podna's Catfish & Poboys on Austin Hwy has "Closed" on their sign,...never got to try it, but the parking lot was always full at lunch time.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:46 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,735,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco2 View Post
I noticed today that the Podna's Catfish & Poboys on Austin Hwy has "Closed" on their sign,...never got to try it, but the parking lot was always full at lunch time.
Interesting... Same guy owns Bob's Big Burgers on Harry Wurzbach.....
Podna's had excellent food, but maybe it got to be too much for him

Old 02-03-2011, 06:07 PM

574 posts, read 1,338,874 times
I was just at Podna's the weekend before last. They seemed to be doing okay, are you sure they aren't just closed for the day due to the weather?

On another note...I saw a new spot called Wurzbach Icehouse behind the Popeyes off Wurzbach and I-10.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:25 PM

472 posts, read 1,076,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlockd View Post
I was just at Podna's the weekend before last. They seemed to be doing okay, are you sure they aren't just closed for the day due to the weather?

On another note...I saw a new spot called Wurzbach Icehouse behind the Popeyes off Wurzbach and I-10.
I hope they're not closed! ,..I want the chance to eat there soon.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:39 PM

1,066 posts, read 3,694,765 times
Default Steak & Shake Coming to SA

I am not sure if everyone caught this in another thread. But it is confirmed Steak & Shake is coming to San Antonio. Sounds like one is currently being built and there will be more than one.

Steak n Shake unveils new restaurant prototype | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com

Old 02-03-2011, 06:44 PM

4,330 posts, read 7,239,240 times
Quote:
I've passed by restaurants that were closed & stripped clean of furnishings and fixtures, often with a "For Lease" sign posted in the window, only days after I patronized them, with no mention at the time of an impending closure. It seems to be a pretty standard procedure for many food establishments, be they mom & pop, or chains.

Has anyone verified whether Bob's Big Burgers was still open today?

Old 02-04-2011, 01:54 AM

464 posts, read 804,495 times
Quote:

I wonder if that is in the old Blockbuster building in which previously was a Mexican placed called Carlos O'Haras. Prior to its incarnation as a Mexican restaurant I believe it was a Sea Island Shrimphouse.

I used to like Carlos O'Haras.....their salsa was quite good and their margaritas were deliciously potent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio