Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 11:48 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times

Advertisements

Yea, I see your point, Saph. MLB Baseball just takes too long to watch these days...and I seriously think that the season needs to be shortened a little bit.

Linda, I think radio is the best way to enjoy a baseball game--even better than being there at the game, imho. Your mind tries to fill the visual void as you listen to the play by play.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:13 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Hmmmm, never thought about listening to it on radio. I do enjoy the Spurs that way....it seems like baseball would still be a little slow, though, isn't it? "The batter stepped up to the plate...he's taking a few practice swings....guy on first base tries to steal....pitcher throws ball to first baseman.....player is safe..crowd boos....pitcher adjusts his junk....LOL....batter swings, and a miss!.....zzzzzzzz." Repeat till the ball has been hit outta the park twice (only in the wrong direction ) and there has been 2 bunt attempts. (which for the life of me doesn't make any sense....but I'll keep going to the games till I figure that whole bunting thing out. It always seems like a big fat fail.)

I guess I shouldn't knock the radio thing till I've tried it.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:44 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,776,315 times
Are y'all talking about the SA Missions at Nelson Stadium?

Cause I hate Major league baseball, but LOVE the minor league games...
excellents seats for $9.50 (they were cheaper last year), reasonably priced food (well, okay, ALMOST reasonably priced....)
it's really about the summertime experience..... warm air starting to cool, excited fans, no bad seats in the joint, even out on the grassy slopes around the stadium.... fireworks after Sat PM games.... laid back, with occasional yeeeehawwwws.... what a night......
and the players will stop and sign programs for EVERYONE waiting outside the gate, they never ever grumble about it...
their wives with babes in strollers, also stand patiently by, off to the side, till their hubbies finish their good-will duties....

reminds me a little of Bull Durham.... without the bathtub and candles scene.... be still my heart......

Old 07-26-2009, 01:49 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
Yes, we're talking about the Missions.

I'm a Cardinals fan, though, so if the Springfield Cardinals are in town I root for them. Loudly. Otherwise, I want the Missions to win.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:05 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
RD....lol...in all fairness, "several times" in Houston isn't a good comparison. People in Dallas and Houston drive crazy fast compared to here. And people complain about the layout of the city here. Houston by far has the most confusing street layout I've ever seen. They do have to navigate all those waterways and bayous, however, but that's no excuse for rabid tailgating and blowing pass other drivers during rush hour going 90! Thank goodness for a lot of the construction going on there. At least it's slowing some of the idiots down.
I like fast and agressive drivers. That's what is wrong with SA. Too many people accept the retards on the road and don't do anything to them. Let them know they suck and maybe they'll either stay off it or stay out of the left lane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
I am so tired of what's PC and what's not. I have a question here. We have some friends who are really fun. Some friends gave them an old Mexican garden statue...you know, the old traditional "Siesta" statue of the guy with the Sombrero and Mexican clothes? You often see them with the little donkey and cart. It was super cute and fun...just like this couple. They loved it and wanted to put it in the front of their house. This couple is not Hispanic....and someone at the party said they would be inviting trouble to put that in front of their house, unless they were Hispanic. What? Seriously? This is South Texas! Mexican decorations are everywhere! So would this be ok if the couple was Hispanic? Or is this just tasteless now, sort of like the Frito Bandito was run out of town? My head hurts trying to figure out this stuff. This really took the fun out of the birthday party.
certain people are just out to destroy themselves and I will never understand it. Unfortunately, they are succeeding
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
No PC here anymore. Sick and tired of it. The reigning Mr. President is not PC--obviously or he wouldn't have pissed off thousands of cops last week with his "acted stupidly" comment--so why should I bother to be?
I agree and have to leave it at that
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Does this mean, sapphire, that you're starting to like...baseball??? Only smart people like baseball, a thinking man's game. All other sports are for...well...ahem...I'll go now. Cya!
baseball is not a sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Yes, we're talking about the Missions.

I'm a Cardinals fan, though, so if the Springfield Cardinals are in town I root for them. Loudly. Otherwise, I want the Missions to win.
sounds like a team off the Simpsons

Old 07-26-2009, 02:13 PM

No, Springfield, Illinois is the home of the Simpsons, not Springfield, Missouri.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:36 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Right there with ya on the bolded, Sapphy! I do like to watch it on tv, though, and to listen to it on the radio - that's leftover from my childhood, watching and listening with my dad.

Hey, I also stand corrected - Chorty debuted LAST night (just saw it posted by the Missions on Facebook).
They don't think Chorty will make an appearance tonight.....hope you're not pumped about it!

Old 07-26-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
They don't think Chorty will make an appearance tonight.....hope you're not pumped about it!
I'm heartbroken! I was DYING to see a dancing sausage. DYING.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:55 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
I knew that, but it still sounds like a team off the Simpsons. And Illinois and Misery aren't that far apart

Old 07-26-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I knew that, but it still sounds like a team off the Simpsons. And Illinois and Misery aren't that far apart
Springfield, IL is better than Springfield, MO. Because I grew up 30 miles away from Springfield, IL. That was our mall-town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio