Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 08:49 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,330,165 times

Advertisements

Fish Grill (? on the name) in La Cantera's new little pseudo-street - Belly up and closed. Tried to one at 281 and 1604 before - so, so.

There's a lot of empty space in the that little street, BTW. I don't see anything in the upper sections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 12:07 PM

443 posts, read 954,952 times
Fish City Grill - I noticed there was a sign off the access road on 281 stating they were open. I was wondering if they had been closed, or just were hurting for business. I've eaten there once, and it was pretty good as I recall. They frost their beer mugs so much that I had glaciers traveling down the sides of the mug.

That's a plus in the middle of summer.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
I noticed driving by and noticed this week that the Blanco Rd. space occupied by the restaurant Soleil is now Tost Bistro Bar. IIRC, some folks listed Soleil as one of their favorite restaurants in town. I wasn't aware that Soleil ever closed, so this may be a new concept by the same management.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:51 PM

490 posts, read 1,094,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I noticed driving by and noticed this week that the Blanco Rd. space occupied by the restaurant Soleil is now Tost Bistro Bar. IIRC, some folks listed Soleil as one of their favorite restaurants in town. I wasn't aware that Soleil ever closed, so this may be a new concept by the same management.
Is it the same owner.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:02 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,896 times
I think it is the same owner, there was an article in taste a few months back.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:23 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,545,912 times
Since this is a restaurant thread I thought I would mention the coupon books that schools and charities sell every year. I bought one for last few years and had fun trying restaurants I wouldn't normally go to. The coupon really just covers the tip but I have found some places that I like to go to now.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:32 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,896 times
Nothing beats the entertainment books for some good deals.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:07 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,293,158 times
I'm sure this place has been mentioned before, "Orderup"

We checked out the one in the Colonnade on Friday at it was alright. I had the chicken tacos which were wannabe taco truck tacos only not as greasy or as flavorful, mostly I assume because they were white meat. Overall though they weren't that bad and I didn't have to worry about riding the porcelain railroad all nite long either. Husband had the burger which he said reminded him of the Longhorn Cafe burger and the fries according to him were flavorless even after copious amounts of salt and pepper. We tried the chips and salsa (which is usually a must when we check out a new place) The salsa reminded me of the stuff they serve at the Taco Cabana "salsa bar" and the chips were seriously too greasy - we didn't like them and actually didnt finish even half. Overall I thought the place was just alright and was too pricey for the portion and quality of the food.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:24 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
I was at Order Up on Sunday......didn't eat, though. We were there for a show and ended up just getting milkshakes. Pretty small for the price but they were good. The lady sitting across from me had the fish tacos, which I was interested in --she got 3 fairly small-looking tacos and the tortillas looked really greasy but she said they weren't. The fish was grilled and she said they were "Yummy"....may have to go back and give them a try. I saw a burger being served and it was huge.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:11 PM

123 posts, read 288,138 times
Default quarry stonewerks today, ugh.

wife an i gave the stonewerks at the quarry a try today.

overall disappointing, right on the verge of disgusting.

pros:

great chips and awesome salsa!

i may be mis imformed or my brain not working right, but i thought that oysters rockefeller has a hollendaise sauce on top? ill have to say what they brought us was very good so ill have to give them a sort of thumbs up.

cons:

wife went to the bathroom, came back white faced and gagging. said it stunk like sewer in there.

twice during the meal some kind of horrible sewer funk smell came wafting through the place. whew! quite a pong!

fried mushrooms, though a lot of them, had a breading that was simply tasteless.

ranch style dressing for mushrooms was water, dripped everywhere. we complained, the waitress blew us off.

had asked for ranch and bleu cheese for mushrooms, got watery ranch and white gravy with some pepper in it. when we asked for bleu cheese for the mushrooms waitress said that wings were coming with bleu cheese. it was over ten minutes before wings came.

wings, ah the wings! dried out to a husk and some kind of hot sauce was slathered over them. really unedible. im serious, we got through a couple apiece but the appearance was simply horrid. i did bring what was left home, washed the daylights out of them in the sink and the dog ate a bit of them once i got the stringy meat off the bone.

i ordered club sandwich, supposed to be some kind of super club. edible but nothing special. same with the fries that came with it. edible but nothing special.

wife ordered some kind of filet mignon, ordered it medium. it came bloody in the middle. in their defense it was a very thick filet but they should have stuck a thermometer into the center.

she reported her mashed potatos were edible.

ill comment on the waitress that i kind of touched on above. her attitude was more or less one of those young female, "whatever" attitudes they get going.

came real close to just walking out. wife talked me out of it twice and i talked her out of it once, lol.

completely unimpressed. wont be back.

91 bucks down the drain. woulda had a better meal for 20 bucks going to a hole in the wall mexican joint.

Last edited by Bo; 12-12-2010 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: Moved from its own thread. A consumer complaint can't be the topic of a thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio