Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Ohs

236 posts, read 712,767 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: removed Sandbar3000 it doesn't look like your crusade to win people over is doing very well. Calm down really and yes the city was on it's way to being built up but the economy has slowed way down and all those new houses have HUGE property taxes to pay for the new roads and schools so sorry now the growth isn't looking very desirable and all the new people who moved in are not very happy with how much they are paying and want to get the hell out. And people are renting their new houses that they decided not to stay in and now even more scum bags are moving in to rent these houses and bringing down the new areas. Sorry the Inland Empire tried but all of CA is getting hit and Perris is going to go right back to its orginal status if not worse a total [MOD CUT]

Last edited by autumngal; 08-14-2008 at 01:18 PM..

Old 05-14-2008, 06:21 PM

74 posts, read 289,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohs View Post
Poor Sandbar3000
Perris is going to go right back to its orginal status if not worse a total [MOD CUT]
Okay, I don't think Perris is going to go back to what it was in 1985. I can't see Wal-Mart and Stater Bros closing up! Nor Home Depot or Winco or any other business that opened up prior to 1985. That would be pretty drastic. But hey, look at the what Bible says! All towns will be [MOD CUT] as you put it after Christ returns.

Currently, I don't think Perris is a [MOD CUT] as you put it, but that is just me. I guess you did not get a chance to read my direct post to you? Oh well. I can't control what you read or don't read.

All families/cities/churches/business/streets/areas of town/ are different.

I'm done with responding to each and every post. Ciao.

Last edited by da jammer; 05-14-2008 at 06:31 PM..

Old 05-15-2008, 04:47 AM

1,831 posts, read 5,294,116 times
Well I don't know if it's a fluke or what but ... the first time I went there I had a really bad impression of that town. We pulled up to a grocery store and were immediately hassled by panhandlers so ...

Again, maybe it was just a fluke but, I didn't particularly want to go back there again.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 5,228 times
Default Perris Ca

Why do people sa " OH, Perris??" Because it's an armpit and the biggest defender of that garbage dump must have been the Mayor of the city!

Last edited by jcronin97; 08-01-2008 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: spell

Old 08-02-2008, 04:50 PM

195 posts, read 515,500 times
Sandbar I've been were you are right now. I lived in a city called Victorville. I'm sure you've heard of it? Well evertime someone would ask "where do you live?" I'd say Victorville and would get the same look or some stupid comment like where is that or I stopped there once on my way to Vegas and it's pretty bad. Well it would make me angery and I'd try to defend it. We lived in a brand new home in a brand new neighborhood. Our house was big and beautiful, the city has plenty of new businesses like new nice restraunts, and new retail like super Target, Lowes and Costco, but that didn't change the fact the city of Victorville was full of what I'd say is a large percentage of losers. Not a majority I'd add too. Most people that lived there were like me and my wife.........law abiding citizens going to work and trying to pay their bills while trying to raise a family. Unfortantly the minority ruins it for the rest. High crime rates, bad schools, and people who just don't care about their community. Call me a sell out or whatever you want, but we finally threw up our hands and said to ourselves "I give up and you can have this God forsaken city". We are never going to change the minds of those who don't want to improve their lives, but we can move to a community where a larger majority of people have a mind set as ours.

We sold our house and moved to the Temecula area where yes there is still crime and it is not perfect. It is however a much cleaner, safer, and less of an embarassing place to tell people I live. I have no hesitation in telling anyone where we live now. I got sick of defending Victorville. The city officials didn't have any back bone and let the city go to the dogs. Unlike down here where we live now there is a theme to the way any new commercial buildings looks, Victorville didn't care. It's all hodge podge and what ever any commercial developer could do cheapest.

I worked at Stater Bros on 4th St in Perris back in the mid 80's and it sucked then. It doesn't seem like there has been may improvement to the city since except for new city buildings and retail that has been built on the far city's edges. Winco and Home Depot are in the Perris the city limits and you can tell without a duobt by the patrons who shop there.

You,ve two choices....A) Move to a better city B) don't give a darn what people say when you tell them you are from Perris. You will never change the mind of others.

If you want my opinion California as a whole is going to the dogs. Until we crack down on illegal immigration and quit moving paroled criminals out of big cities to the suberbs to improve their crime rates, we will continue to have communities like Perris, Moreno Valley and Victorville.

Last edited by Tim-mac; 08-02-2008 at 05:02 PM..

Old 08-02-2008, 10:47 PM

656 posts, read 1,309,826 times
Well said Tim mac. I agree with you 100%! sorry Sandbar3000 Perris is run down and dirty and full of people who don't want to better themselves. (not including you) not meaning that all perris people are bad. but, it's not somewhere i would choose to raise my kids.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:59 PM

32 posts, read 75,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbar3000 View Post
Well, you think I'm going to post all about the growth in Perris, Winco, Starbucks, the thearte, Wal-mart and all of the other stores. The 70's? Please. Wal-Mart, StarBucks, 31 Flavors, Winco and Home Depot was not here in Perris in the 70's.

May be I should post all new business here in Perris, so people know the truth about it?
It's just sad when u have to defend a city by saying it has a "Walmart, Starbucks, and 31 flavors". Perris is very unfavorable to me, looks like alabama or something. I've been through there several times only to see trash everywhere, cars on blocks, and delapidated homes.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:45 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
I worked at the NAPA store off Perris Blvd. next to the Jack in the Box and trully, Perris is scary.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:11 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
South Perris and the area near Rancho Belago is poised to be very nice suburban centers. South perris is right next to prime South County real-estate. By 2020 when the Villages of Lakeview is developed, the city will be a nice place. It's in transition. May Ranch is nice, so is the area next to Woodcrest (homes currently selling 700K, down from 1.2million...in the city of Perris!!!). So, yes central Perris sucks, but the outskirts will and are devloping nicely.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:36 PM

852 posts, read 3,815,049 times
Relatively speaking, the Inland Empire has more of an I-live-here-because-the-house-isn't-expensive feel, and Perris is a prime example of that. The older areas are not charming but are worn and, in some cases, run down, and almost all of the newer areas are generic and lack obvious appeal. Add the lack of high-paying jobs, the long commutes, the not-great school test scores and the pedestrian commercial footprint (lauding a Starbucks in 2008?), and the ho-hum perception resembles reality. It doesn't mean the people aren't nice or don't work hard; it means the ceiling is collectively lower than even Temecula.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties