Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:52 PM

74 posts, read 289,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbar3000 View Post
thank you for your answer. I have been waiting for someone to state that it is only their preception of Perris. I mean come on. All cities started out-small. All cities did not become like Riverside (as it is now) overnight.
It's sad how many people have a low outlook on Perris. I

t just goes to show what people value...and what people think of beauty and material things like big big big homes (2-3K square feet) and big big big cars (like SUV's) and big big big pay checks for a family of 3 (like $50K year). I guess I'm one that values family and not looks. Looks mean nothing.
yeah, I'm sure many people in Temecula wouldn't want to get their hands dirty nor their 50K SUVs dirty with the "dirt" in the Good Hope area of Perris. They are so vain. They have no clue as to what Perris is like and are too prideful to even get off the freeway. Lazy!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:55 PM

Red face ohs can't do anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohs View Post
Moderator cut: removed Sandbar3000 it doesn't look like your crusade to win people over is doing very well. Calm down really and yes the city was on it's way to being built up but the economy has slowed way down and all those new houses have HUGE property taxes to pay for the new roads and schools so sorry now the growth isn't looking very desirable and all the new people who moved in are not very happy with how much they are paying and want to get the hell out. And people are renting their new houses that they decided not to stay in and now even more scum bags are moving in to rent these houses and bringing down the new areas. Sorry the Inland Empire tried but all of CA is getting hit and Perris is going to go right back to its orginal status if not worse a total [MOD CUT]
You can't stop change and Perris is changing. like it or not.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:57 PM

Red face fluke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri257 View Post
Well I don't know if it's a fluke or what but ... the first time I went there I had a really bad impression of that town. We pulled up to a grocery store and were immediately hassled by panhandlers so ...

Again, maybe it was just a fluke but, I didn't particularly want to go back there again.
Yes, it was a fluke. I don't get pan hanlders each time I go to Winco or Stater Bros. One person allowed you to have a big picture of Perris. How sad that is. I'm glad I was not written off after one bad act. All cities have bad parts of town. ALL cities.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:59 PM

Wink armpit of the nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcronin97 View Post
Why do people sa " OH, Perris??" Because it's an armpit and the biggest defender of that garbage dump must have been the Mayor of the city!
The former pastor of Faith Baptist Church of Hammond In used to say that Hammond In was the "arm pit" of the nation. You should go to Hammond and see that city. At least we don't have the snow!

Old 04-13-2010, 09:05 PM

Unhappy riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
No, Temecula, Murrieta & Menifee do not have the gang bangers or crime or poor areas that Perris has. That's why it looks more rundown and has higher crime rates
The schools reputations are not nearly as good as the other cities. Back when my sister was in HS (& Menifee didn't have its own school), Perris HS had regular riots there & problems the other schools in the area did not have.

I don't see how it is family-oriented either. The HS students don't seem connected to their families and the way they behave shows it. Whenever I see children around that city, they look unkempt. Poor does not have to equal dirty and unkempt.

Perris also has poorer air quality. There have been newspaper articles explaining how the pollution stops right around the Sun City - Perris border, because of the way the cities are situated. When you drive into Perris, it looks smoggier all of a sudden.

And face it, the area looks majorly rundown and you see a lot more scary looking people walking around. It's unappealing. Menifee is a small town and does not have the negative feel that Perris has. I don't think it is a race issue. People of every race just seem classier in these other cities, compared to Perris. I'm speaking in generalities, because of course there are some nice neighborhoods and people in Perris, but it has its rep for a reason.

If the area is changing, then great...it's about time. Hopefully it will join Menifee, Murrieta, and Temecula in their reputation of being clean, safe, family-friendly suburbs. It took those cities time to get rid of their semi-rural white trash country bumpkin reps....so maybe Perris will lose its ghetto rep in time, if it improves anyway...

Perris High had a riot in 1994. I graduated in 1993. No riot when I was a senior. No issues. Schools in Temecula are not perfect. It doesn't matter. I have no kids away. So, keep on looking for that 'perfect' school and that "perfect" city. Not going to find it.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 PM

Wink thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
Actually, Perris looks better now than it did years ago...the city went through some kind of revitalization thing years back and they tore down a lot of houses that were old and dumpy. So it has improved 'some' since the old days!
Thanks for opening up your eyes!

Old 04-13-2010, 09:11 PM

Talking New in June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Yeah When I Used to go to UCR I Lived in Perris and That place sucks,In Summer it's hot,Dirty,I Hate Old Perris near the 74 and redland AVE. Bridge its the most annoying Stop and Bridge,That Bridge need to be Broken down b/c it's only one lane causing a lot of traffic.

I know what you mean. I don't like the 74/Redlands exit of the 215 either. they city put in stop signs about 5 years ago in 2005 and that didn't do anything. May be the city had to do that since someone died. That is the way it always happens! Someone has to die for the city to make changes.

The new interchange will start to take place in June 2010. I spoke to the Mayor earlier this month - in April. I hope the red tape of the state or funding does not get in the way. That overpass is nuts!

Old 04-13-2010, 09:14 PM

Red face dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You do realize you are responding to posts that were posted in FEBRUARY, right? Oh, and I'm not a "dude", I'm a female.

Sorry 'bout that! I call my best friend "dude" and she's just as much as female and you and I.

It's just a word I use. (But I've never seen the movie "Dude, wheres my car?)

Old 04-13-2010, 09:17 PM

458 posts, read 1,262,968 times
Wow, you are a one person Perris Groupie. I am not a fan of that place and yes I have been off the highway and have seen many parts of it. But hey I am glad you like it.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:08 PM

25 posts, read 99,922 times
Perris might not be the "worst place"...but it's literally a piece of s**t compared to some of the cities that are relatively close to it. It isn't appealing at all and statistically has been getting worse if you use unemployment, crime, etc. as performance indicators.

Why is this even being argued? I see a resident from Perris here...are you simply blind to the average dude you find walking down the street in this ghetto ass town?

Most affordable towns in Southern California have a bad side to them. Perris is no exception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties