Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,688,719 times

Advertisements

Yeah When I Used to go to UCR I Lived in Perris and That place sucks,In Summer it's hot,Dirty,I Hate Old Perris near the 74 and redland AVE. Bridge its the most annoying Stop and Bridge,That Bridge need to be Broken down b/c it's only one lane causing a lot of traffic.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:13 AM

2 posts, read 12,831 times
Default Perris Sucks

OMG, I moved to Perris in 2004, and it suuuuccckkkkksssss....It was my first time moving to SO CAL, and Perris traumatized me from living in Southern California, lol...I nagged at my husband until we got the heck out of there and moved to Nor Cal...Perris feels like you are, literally, in the middle of nowhere. At the time, I worked in Moreno Valley,so I did all my shopping there, I just went to Perris when it was time to be at home. We sold our house and, THANK GOD, moved from there. I would never want to live in Perris again...

Old 02-16-2010, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,100 times
I have lived in Perris for 26 years and am finally getting out of here. I hate to leave my acreage and my home...but the area has become a dump. Face it...this is Mexico. Between the gangbangers and the illegals and the people who are too lazy to clean up their yards and the meth labs and the daily/nightly LOUD music (called the sheriff dept. over 90 times last year, and already 12 times this year) I see no hope for Perris.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:51 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbar3000 View Post
Why do so many people ask this,

Do you live in the area?

Then, if you say, "Yes, I live in Perris".

The MINTUE you say that word Perris, they state, "oh" with a look on their face...like Perris has an infestation of lice and evil and hate and poorness?

Last time I check, every city has it's older parts and every city has its poor areas. What? Temecula does not have gang bangers that live out there? You think that Murrieta does not have drug dealers? How about Menifee?

You think that all people in Perris are poor? Like every street is poor? Like everyone that lives in Perris has no college education? Like everyone in Perris is stupid? Sure, 65% of Perris is Hispanic. Is that bad?

Every city has it's older parts. Every city. It's not bad to live here. The schools are fine. I went to Perris high and YES, I did graduate from Perris High in 1993. I am a current senior at University of Redlands School of Business.

I guess the word "poor" means different things to different people.
Are you running for Mayor or something???

Old 02-16-2010, 10:59 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbar3000 View Post

Well, this is just YOUR OPINION of the city. I see no problem with it and guess what? You are the one thinking that I'm "talking" too much. Your preception of me is crazy, but that's okay. Whatever your preception IS, that IS YOUR REALITY. Remove judgement and you will see the true me. Oh, and just so you know....I haven't been on this site in MONTHS, so who's "talking too much now?"

Oh and just also to let all of the naysayer know.....the city of Perris is going through major changes....but all of you wouldn't KNOW THIS since YOU didn't vouleenter at the City of Perris back in June 2008. I had the time of my life working on the city plans and I'll do it again all FOR FREE!

2010 here comes the Metrolink...

Wait! He didn't say you were "TALKING too much" ... he said you were "THINKING too much". They do teach people to read in Perris, right?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:59 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,022,530 times
I love Perris in the springtime,
I love Perris in the fall,
I love Perris in the winter, when it drizzles,
I love Perris in the summer, when it sizzles,
I love Perris ev’ry moment,
Ev’ry moment of the year.
I love Perris...

Old 02-16-2010, 05:42 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,022,530 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF_yN1R2b5M&feature=fvw

Pay no attention to the misspelling of the town's name.
What other town in CA has a song dedicated to it by Cole Porter?

Old 02-16-2010, 06:47 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,961,475 times
We'll always have Perris.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:22 PM

7 posts, read 16,811 times
I live near Perris. The train museum and the hang gliders are the only thing going for it. The entire thing is ghetto, east LA style. They tried to make an "old town" street on D street (I think it's D street), but it's hard to look western with bars on the windows of every store.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:22 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,909,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DearPine View Post
I live near Perris. The train museum and the hang gliders are the only thing going for it. The entire thing is ghetto, east LA style. They tried to make an "old town" street on D street (I think it's D street), but it's hard to look western with bars on the windows of every store.
Yeah, those East LA masterplanned communities and mcmansions...

Parts of Perris are very suburban and "nice" (if you like that sort of style). Perris itself is pretty average in terms of crime and slightly below average in terms of median income. The parts near Moreno Valley are nice as are the parts near Meniffee and the parts near Woodcrest/Riverside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties