Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:36 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,237,808 times

Advertisements

Well you know what her reputation is, so apparently you hear a lot of men saying "Oh Paris" inside her bedroom.

Oops sorry, you meant Perris, California. I was thinking you meant Paris Hilton.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:30 PM

9 posts, read 53,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbar3000 View Post

Well, this is just YOUR OPINION of the city. I see no problem with it and guess what? You are the one thinking that I'm "talking" too much. Your preception of me is crazy, but that's okay. Whatever your preception IS, that IS YOUR REALITY. Remove judgement and you will see the true me. Oh, and just so you know....I haven't been on this site in MONTHS, so who's "talking too much now?"

Oh and just also to let all of the naysayer know.....the city of Perris is going through major changes....but all of you wouldn't KNOW THIS since YOU didn't vouleenter at the City of Perris back in June 2008. I had the time of my life working on the city plans and I'll do it again all FOR FREE!

2010 here comes the Metrolink...
Wow! thanks for the sentence by sentence analysis of the qualifiers in my response! Helpful!

Also, I said you're THINKING too much, not TALKING. The reason I said that is because it seems like you value other people's perception of Perris more than you value your own. The general consensus of the place is bad. There's no getting around it, so why try and change minds if you're just going to get idiots like me arguing back?

Also, you say "I haven't been on this site in MONTHS, so who's "talking too much now?" Well, this is my first time on since May, sooo, it doesn't look like I'm 'talking' too much either... even though I never said anything about talking.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:51 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,624,858 times
Quote:
Why do so many people ask this,

Do you live in the area?

Then, if you say, "Yes, I live in Perris".

The MINTUE you say that word Perris, they state, "oh" with a look on their face...like Perris has an infestation of lice and evil and hate and poorness?
We understand your pride in your city.
But, you are berating posters for giving you honest answers to your question.
The thing is, we are aware of Perris, we know people who live there.
The citizens of Perris speak volumes more about the city than you can defend here.
Everyone I have known from Perris has your attitude on the city. That is fine, they love their city.

You can not force posters to adopt your love of the city, but you can work on the citizens on their outside appearance to the world.
You keep reminding us about more than skin deep. But maybe read your own posts from the outside, substitute a different cities name and see how it reads.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:00 AM

113 posts, read 342,234 times
Why is it every economical place in Southern California is said to be " a hole " etc.? I'll tell you what - Some 'nice' places around here could not hold a candle to some cheap places in New England etc.
Furthermore! Just because a place is expensive does not mean it's a 'nice' area! Social problems are the issue in troubled areas. I'm from Princeton New Jersey, I know.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:13 AM

113 posts, read 342,234 times
Default Question to Mr Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I worked at the NAPA store off Perris Blvd. next to the Jack in the Box and trully, Perris is scary.
Mr Cat I was wondering ' since your blog says your location is VA.'
Going from CA to VA What is your perception of the differences between the two? Are you glad about the move? Would you do it again given a choice?
For me CA has it's charms and I'm out here for family reasons but I sure do miss the East.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:05 AM

9 posts, read 12,907 times
Quote:
Why do so many people ask this,

Do you live in the area?

Then, if you say, "Yes, I live in Perris".

The MINTUE you say that word Perris, they state, "oh" with a look on their face...like Perris has an infestation of lice and evil and hate and poorness?
As a matter of fact, Perris is one of the older (overall) areas of California, and has more than its share of poor folks, with more than its share of run-down houses.

There are some parts of Perris that are looking up, but for the most part, Perris is not a desirable area.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:41 PM

196 posts, read 629,073 times
Perris for the most part is a dump. I will say the closer you get to the lake, the better the areas tend to be, but the rest of the city isn't so great.

Sorry if I offended anyone by this, it's just what I've observed from frequenting the area over the years.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:57 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,547,134 times
Actually, Perris looks better now than it did years ago...the city went through some kind of revitalization thing years back and they tore down a lot of houses that were old and dumpy. So it has improved 'some' since the old days!

Old 12-18-2008, 01:47 AM

27 posts, read 57,403 times
If you like where you live, why should you care what other people think? I have lived in many parts of California where people think one place is better than another, but at the end of the day you are the one that decides where you are happy.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:38 AM

30 posts, read 184,023 times
No worries. I used to live in Lompoc and would get similar negative reactions when I told people where I lived. The truth is that I loved living there. Don't let other people's perceptions sway how you feel about Perris. You know what they say about opinions... everyone has one. Just keep in mind that if you want people to respect your opinion; you need to extend the same courtesy and respect theirs as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties