Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 04:10 AM

74 posts, read 289,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegan View Post
All it takes is a drive through Perris on the I-215 to say "Perris sucks." It is not a nice looking place.
Get off the stupid freeway. you don't know about the city. Many people work at the large distribution centers. You may even know someone that works at one of them. Stop putting Perris down. Your **** shinks like everyone elses.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:13 AM

Default next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Wait! He didn't say you were "TALKING too much" ... he said you were "THINKING too much". They do teach people to read in Perris, right?
Same thing dude. Same thing. Next

Old 04-13-2010, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKyngeKorny View Post
As a matter of fact, Perris is one of the older (overall) areas of California, and has more than its share of poor folks, with more than its share of run-down houses.

There are some parts of Perris that are looking up, but for the most part, Perris is not a desirable area.
Oh and the "poor" is a bad thing? What is "poor"? Is earning an honest living at 20K a year "poor"? My mom earns that at Oak Grove in "lovely town" of Murrieta!!! Oh wow. Murrieta! Temecula and Murrieta ain't all that in a bag of chips. People just don't like to see open land in Perris.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:18 AM

Wink 18 miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
We'll always have Perris.
It is not going bye bye - that is for sure. We are 18 miles north of Temeula. 18 miles from Hemet and 18 miles from Central Riverside.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Are you running for Mayor or something???
Nope! I do not desire to go into politics or city government. I just think resdients need to get involved!

Instead of public admin, I desire to run my own nonprofit.

However . . .

I DID interview Mayor Daryl Busch on April 5th 2010. WHY? I'm in a leadership in nonprofit and public organizations class at Argosy University -online. I wanted to take this one class to understand more about nonprofits since everything in my undergrad was about for profit business. I should be complete with my MBA by July 2011.

It was something interviewing him (The mayor). He was a little vague in some of the answers. The City Manager also didn't want to answer the question "Where do YOU see Perris in 5-10 years, what is YOUR vision".

I think it is due to the bylaws in there contract when working for the City. The City Council members can not "talk" about anything related to the city in private. It all must be in the open. So if person A wanted to talk to person B that is fine, but person B can't go to person D, F, and G and talk about it. It must all be in the open. No secrets, none of this "A and D has an idea and no one else knows about it".

As far as the City Manager is concerned:
he just said, "See the strategic plan on the website". I was very disappointed in his answer since I asked what HE personally wanted to see change (his personal vision) for Perris.

In any case, I learned much from interviewing both the City Manager and Mayor Daryl Busch. And the Mayor was not interested in running for Mayor. He was in banking and people told him he should run for Mayor.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:39 AM

Wink No vision the people perish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedupwithperris View Post
I have lived in Perris for 26 years and am finally getting out of here. I hate to leave my acreage and my home...but the area has become a dump. Face it...this is Mexico. Between the gangbangers and the illegals and the people who are too lazy to clean up their yards and the meth labs and the daily/nightly LOUD music (called the sheriff dept. over 90 times last year, and already 12 times this year) I see no hope for Perris.
Where there is NO VISION, the people perish!

Get a vision. No meth lab here where I'm at. I'm not in Mexico. I know that. many mexicans live here. So what? Like I am going to make them leave?

My next door neighboors are mexican and the others are African American. I don't feel bad for that. The reason they are "lazy" may be to a lack of OWNERS PRIDE. No one is going to care for a yard if they do not own their own home. Come one now. That is simple to understand - and hispanics are one of the hardest working people out there.

So many people will not take a job that pays $12 a hour. I'd rather get paid $12 an hour and not be able to make some bills than be not working at all saying, "No, the lowest I will go is $20 a hour" acting like **** don't stink.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:41 AM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeTom View Post
Why is it every economical place in Southern California is said to be " a hole " etc.? I'll tell you what - Some 'nice' places around here could not hold a candle to some cheap places in New England etc.
Furthermore! Just because a place is expensive does not mean it's a 'nice' area! Social problems are the issue in troubled areas. I'm from Princeton New Jersey, I know.
Thanks

Old 04-13-2010, 09:26 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbar3000 View Post
Same thing dude. Same thing. Next
You do realize you are responding to posts that were posted in FEBRUARY, right? Oh, and I'm not a "dude", I'm a female.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:17 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,624,858 times
Again, you do not have to tell people that they need to think better of Perris. People from Perris speak volumes on why no one whats to live there. It is not the land, location or the crack houses it is the people there we can't stand.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:26 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,791,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbar3000 View Post
So many people will not take a job that pays $12 a hour. I'd rather get paid $12 an hour and not be able to make some bills than be not working at all saying, "No, the lowest I will go is $20 a hour" acting like **** don't stink.
Or is it saying, "Hey the mofo's on Wall Street make bazillions a year... surely my life is worth more than $12 an hour?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties