Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: where would you rather live?
Hemet- San Jacinto area 3 15.79%
Lake Elsinore 6 31.58%
Beaumont 10 52.63%
Perris 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2010, 08:40 PM

74 posts, read 289,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
hi! i decided to find out which town is best and why. All of these towns grew very quickly in the last 10 years and are in the same region
But where would you rather live? From what i see all of them are affordable (you can get newer house for under 250k)
Which town has the best downtown, job opportunities, safest neighborhoods? I see a lot of complaining about traffic in the area but it doesnt surprise me :P all of south california has that problem.
Lake Elsinore is close to Murrieta and Corona. So if you want to get to those places fast, live in Lake Elsinore. I'm not really sure what it is like to live there. Probably the same as Perris.

Hemet had a median age of 44 about 7 years ago. When I go to Hemet it is funny. People either drive really really fast on 74 or really really slow on 74. Hemet (to me) is very crowded. However, there are more stores in Hemet compared to Perris.

I do not know enough about Beaumont. Beaumont is not really "near" Perris, Hemet and Lake Elsinore. Beaumont is a whooping 39 minutes (49 in traffic) from Perris. It is also 32 miles away from Perris. Perris is 12 miles away from Lake Elsinore, 18 miles away from Temecula, and 18 miles away from Riverside, and about 7 miles away from Moreno Valley. I know I can get to Lake Elsinore to Murrieta along the 15 in no time. If you happen to have any family in Hemet, Beaumont may be a good place to live since Hemet is closer to Beaumont, but not "next door".

I remember working for a company up in Beaumont and nothing was up there. It is closer to Palms Spring thought just near the 10. Beaumont, CA - Official Website here is a website for you to learn more about it.

I'd live in LE if I had a choice for one reason only - because it is closer to the 15 freeway and the 91 and I need to go to Orange County for class. From Perris, it is 20 minutes just to cross Romana Exp/Calijico. (I know the spelling is wrong but- I'm not going to look it up to spell it right).

Hope that helps.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 08:42 PM

Default low class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufford View Post
I'd say Beaumont would be the best pick.
But I'm not a "Low class person" as that person would like for you to believe. Perris also lowered their crime rate. These people do not live here and have lived here years ago.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:45 PM

Wink ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter77718 View Post
Please save yourself from moving to lake elsinore. I wanna commit suicide living here. lol move to perris or moreno valley off of ramona expressway 215 freeway
What is wrong with Lake Elsinore?

Old 04-18-2010, 12:07 AM

8 posts, read 29,720 times
when I say low class about certain areas I am not saying EVERYONE is low class im just saying the place has a very very high rate of them. I have not been to perris in like 1 year but when I went there that place was ghetto and trust me I got to los angeles a lot so I know what ghetto is. I have family that lives in a kind of ghetto area in LA where like you here gun shots n stuff and burglaries happen often. but anyway I went to hemet last week and that place is so ghetto by the county office where people go to get evaluated for mental health and drug addictions but then again what do you expect haha.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:35 PM

9 posts, read 40,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Lordy.

Gangs are black, brown, white, yellow, and maybe even polka-dotted.

Gangs are a fact of life no matter where you live in Southern California. It doesn't matter if you live in Compton or Temecula or Baldwin Park or Rancho Cucamonga.

All 4 of the towns in this 'poll' have good areas and bad areas. People with common sense don't have problems.
That is so true!!!!!!!!!

In fact, just last week I heard the Inland Empire was being invaded by swarms of crazed, baggy-pants-wearing Swedes driving souped-up Volvos like madmen throughout the region!

Then, just days ago, I heard a combined force of 2,000 Filipino nurses and Dutch tulip growers looted its way through Southern California.

Then, this morning, a pack of 50 illegal alien Italian bakers and 27 undocumented French-Canadians sacked the area.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:45 PM

9 posts, read 40,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabawL View Post
All in all, I decided to move to Victorville and never regretted it. Big house, low price and good payment. New quiet neighborhood. Just right.
So you enjoy living in a city which is the site of *three* major prisons?

I bet the "visitors" are wonderful folks to sit next to when you're out dining at a local restaurant on "visiting days".

It must be exciting eating in the same restaurants and shopping in the same stores as former Jerry Springer Show guests!

Old 05-01-2011, 10:36 AM

105 posts, read 374,584 times
Beaumont would be my pick. We used to live in Redlands which I also love. We live in Beaumont now in the cookie cutter area, about 5 minutes from the walmart shopping area. Someone mentioned that area being dangerous. They said there were gang fights every weekend at the chain restaurants. We go to those restaurants every weekend and I have never witnessed this, I have never even seen anyone who looked like a gang member in this area. All I see are young families and older retired couples. Beaumont has some good mom and pop restaurants, and an okay little downtown, kinda quaint, not as good as redlands, but if they worked on it, it could be.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:20 AM

1 posts, read 7,737 times
As a resident of Murrieta and former resident of Lake Elsi-- Hell-Sin-Ore, I think Lake Elsinore needs to be totally eradicated and blown off of the face of the earth. Place a nasty bomb townwide and blow it all to ****. Elsinore is a billion times worse than Perris or any other ****ty place on earth. I vote for Perris over Elsinore any day. **** Lake Elsinore. **** it all to hell, you do not want to live there at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties