Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: where would you rather live?
Hemet- San Jacinto area 3 15.79%
Lake Elsinore 6 31.58%
Beaumont 10 52.63%
Perris 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 09:26 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,433,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Hey, nothing wrong with "young skateboarders"....I was/am (I don't skate often, but sometimes I MIGHT if I'm drunk ENOUGH), but still productive to society.
Didn't say there was anything wrong

Just emphasizing that it wasn't "primarily a retirement community". Maybe years ago. There's been lots of young'uns around for a long time.

(And if you're drunk enough, it doesn't hurt so much when you crash. Not until later anyway, LOL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 05:30 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,085,650 times
E. None of the above.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:55 PM

83 posts, read 427,408 times
But LE is a hell hole! Wht ever you buy will be next to low lifes! Sorry, but it is true. Beaumont is at least pretty, has a nice down town and golf courses. A real town! Withoug stinky fish, meth labs, paroles, and numerours sex offenders.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:39 PM

2 posts, read 12,175 times
Please save yourself from moving to lake elsinore. I wanna commit suicide living here. lol move to perris or moreno valley off of ramona expressway 215 freeway

Old 02-06-2010, 02:00 PM

207 posts, read 799,614 times
The conversation on this post is extremely interesting and a prime example of how the main point of a problem gets overshadowed by insinuation, which may not be the intent of a poster, but ends up sounding negative anyway.

I have really looked at all of the areas mentioned in trying to figure out where to relocate, and the actual description given of these areas pretty much rings true, but this conclusion IS NOT coming from any "racist" frame of mind.

The facts are the facts. There are gangs all over SoCal, and made up different ethnic backgrounds. If anyone were to analyze the actual makeup of such groups, they may come to the conclusion that most of them have a predominance of one ethnicity or another.

HOWEVER ~ Coming to this kind of factual conclusion does not imply a racist state of mind. It is just a statement based on facts.

You can then try to understand why it should be so, and then you would be looking at a whole myriad of reasons no different than the reasons for crime statistics in any other state, excluding perhaps the inclusion of illegal immigration for parts further east. Is illegal immigration part of the problem in SoCal. Probably yes, but as to what actual extent one would have to have the liberty of commenting on this without everyone stopping the conversation with the accusation of racism.

Having lived in the boroughs of NYC for most of my life, I can flatly say that SoCal is reckless. To not have gotten this gang situation under control is mindless to me. There is no excuse for it having taken hold as it has and given the blessing to flourish. And it seems to me the complacency of Californians has not helped the state of this reality.

And it is equally mindless to me that everyone accepts the reality of having to exclude about 75% of SoCal as an acceptable place to live. IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY!!!

And now, with the state on the verge of bankruptcy, California's crime problem may have the ability get worse unless people DEMAND differently.

If you love California, SPEAK UP and DEMAND that enough funding for law enforcement to correct the problem be at the top of the list in rebuilding a beautiful state which used to be one to dream of.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:56 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,397,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Then don't make racist remarks, it makes you look like a racist. You could have said: yeah I did generalize two entire groups of people...sorry. But rather it "cheapens" me for pointing out that you made a remark that generalized two entire populations? How?
I made no racist remarks. If you think I did, then you are overly sensitive and in serious need of education on the meaning and proper usage of adjectives.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:08 AM

17 posts, read 55,331 times
Yeah none of those cities would be known to be real nice. In my opinion I would move to Yucaipa as my first choice or redlands or East Highlands is nice as well or cherry valley is an unincorporated area right by Beaumont and Yucaipa which is also nice.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:19 AM

123 posts, read 357,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
I've spent a lot of time in each area:
Beaumont---major wind--like 60 MPH....no
Perris---gangs--mexican, black...no
San Jacinto---see Perris--even more so
Hemet--of the four -- this is the best.
I think you may be thinking of Cabazon. They definitely have wind there.
I love Beaumont, but it depends on what you are looking for. I'm 51 so schools are not important, but 20 years ago it was and I took my kids out of the schools they attended in Moreno Valley and moved them into Beaumont where I worked. It was a great move! They now have a huge new high school and soccer complex.

I've always loved the quaintness of Beaumont, and now that I'm looking to retire I'm looking at Beaumont for a whole different set of reasons. I'm primarily focusing on the older part of town which has quaint classic homes, elm lined streets, old-fashioned street lights, and a feel of a bygone era I miss. There is major shopping nearby (Wal-Mart, Staples, Best Buy, Bed Bath & Beyond, and PetCo) are right over the 10 freeway minutes away. If you want malls there's Redlands and San Bernardino 20-30 minutes away and Cabazon has the outlets 15 minutes away. There are sections of Beaumont now that have the newer cookie cutter homes and neighborhoods but I haven't driven in any of them because those types of areas don't interest me. I don't know about fine dining but there's tons of fast food. For fine dining you'd probably need to drive to San Bernardino's restaurant row although Redlands has some quaint places too. The scenery in Beaumont is incomprabable. Mountain views, rolling hills, and orchards.

Last edited by Mountain Sprite; 04-05-2010 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: more to add

Old 04-05-2010, 11:18 PM

8 posts, read 29,719 times
perris- You should wipe this off your list right away. This place is pretty run down and crappy. This place out of all of them has the highest gang and crime activity. This place is full of low class people. you ever watch that show COPS and see those stupid people well this place is full of them and has been on the COPS show plenty of times. this place is the ****S of riverside county.

Hemet- This place has a ghetto section but also has some nice newer neighborhoods. it's surrounded by farms and desert. this place also has a huge old people community. it's also near diamond valley resivior. this place is just OK.

Lake Elsinore- This place also has some crappy areas and some nice ones and the lake is murky nothing special. this place is known for lots of methheads but so is hemet and perris.

beaumont- don't know much about this place

Old 04-13-2010, 03:46 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,938,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman50 View Post
perris- You should wipe this off your list right away. This place is pretty run down and crappy. This place out of all of them has the highest gang and crime activity. This place is full of low class people. you ever watch that show COPS and see those stupid people well this place is full of them and has been on the COPS show plenty of times. this place is the ****S of riverside county.

Hemet- This place has a ghetto section but also has some nice newer neighborhoods. it's surrounded by farms and desert. this place also has a huge old people community. it's also near diamond valley resivior. this place is just OK.

Lake Elsinore- This place also has some crappy areas and some nice ones and the lake is murky nothing special. this place is known for lots of methheads but so is hemet and perris.

beaumont- don't know much about this place
I'd say Beaumont would be the best pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties