Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: where would you rather live?
Hemet- San Jacinto area 3 15.79%
Lake Elsinore 6 31.58%
Beaumont 10 52.63%
Perris 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 02:17 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,268,607 times

Advertisements

so Beaumont seems to be the best one from all of them. But how is Murrieta- Temecula? They recently launched a high quality street view fot these cities and i think they both look great! they are very my type
Also can anyone tell me how is Sun City or Menifee?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 12:51 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,908,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
so Beaumont seems to be the best one from all of them. But how is Murrieta- Temecula? They recently launched a high quality street view fot these cities and i think they both look great! they are very my type
Temecula is good. Too sterile for my taste. It's too suburban and too fabricated without a real sense of community. Same with Murrieta. Homogenous, tan, and ultra post modern in sterility and contrived spaces.

I'd rather pick a place with some more character. Menifee has slightly more character, but it's going to end up like the the other towns. Sun City is primarily retirement oriented.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:07 AM

27 posts, read 162,772 times
I live in Menifee and like it quite a lot. It has less of the ....fabricated? feel than some surrounding communities. Quality schools and recreation options blend well with lower prices and diverse communities here. But if I were a young single it would be too tame.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:28 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,380,507 times
Quote:
so Beaumont seems to be the best one from all of them.
Only 12 people have voted so far in the poll - which is way too small a sample to come to any kind of conclusion. Personally I didn't vote, because to me none of the four areas you listed is obviously best "overall" - but each could be considered best, depending on what you're looking for specifically - because they really are very different, with very different flaws and benefits.

Quote:
But how is Murrieta- Temecula? They recently launched a high quality street view fot these cities and i think they both look great! they are very my type
If you expanded the poll to these three areas, I think you would find that Temecula or Murrietta would end up on top. Personally I've spent a lot more time in Temecula than in Murrieta, since I grew up in Northern San Diego County, just over the border - so that would be my choice. It has the cute little downtown area in Old Town, it has Macy's and Fish House Vera Cruz, it has the wine country and it butts up against del Luz and Rainbow. Plus Temecula has been around for over 100 years.

As for Sun City, technically it's a part of Menifee. Menifee became a city in 2008, and the area known as Sun City lies within it's borders. Sun City itself, is a planned community, built in 1960, for senior citizens who like to golf - the golf course winds throughout the city, and golf carts are seen all over, including on the streets. There's one big block right in the center, with two grocery stores, two drugstores, a post office, a library, and a bunch of little shops. That's downtown! If you're looking at Sun City proper, it's all little houses built in the 1960's and a mobile home park. More recently newer homes have been built on the other side of the freeway, and those homes used to identify with Sun City, but I suspect that now that the official name of the area is Menifee, the people that own those homes will begin calling Menifee home, rather than Sun City.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:14 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times
Redlands and Yucaipa are the best places.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:34 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,808,364 times
A "none of the above" option would have been good on your poll.
I would second the Temecula/Murrietta instead. I really haven't been to Lake Elsinore enough to have an opinion either way, but the other 3 I don't care for as much. Mainly because school quality is high on my priority list, and all 4 of those I've not heard great things about.
There are some cute older homes with the nice rural feel around Temecula. Not all new cookie cutter homes.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:50 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times
Quote:
Sun City is old people--its primarily a retirement community.
Menifee is nice.
Redlands is nicer.
Temecula used to be good--but it lost all itsquaintness with the 2000-2006 buildig boom.
Redlans is nicer.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Sun City is old people--its primarily a retirement community.
Menifee is nice.
Redlands is nicer.
Temecula used to be good--but it lost all itsquaintness with the 2000-2006 buildig boom.
Redlans is nicer.
Depends...

Old 01-21-2010, 02:47 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,437,282 times
Sun City is a former census-designated place (CDP). Along with the neighboring communities of Quail Valley and Menifee (and portions of Romoland), it incorporated as the City of Menifee on October 1, 2008.

So it's NOT "Sun City is old people--its primarily a retirement community".

And even before it was incorporated, young skateboarders were all over the place.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Sun City is a former census-designated place (CDP). Along with the neighboring communities of Quail Valley and Menifee (and portions of Romoland), it incorporated as the City of Menifee on October 1, 2008.

So it's NOT "Sun City is old people--its primarily a retirement community".

And even before it was incorporated, young skateboarders were all over the place.
Hey, nothing wrong with "young skateboarders"....I was/am (I don't skate often, but sometimes I MIGHT if I'm drunk ENOUGH), but still productive to society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties