Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: where would you rather live?
Hemet- San Jacinto area 3 15.79%
Lake Elsinore 6 31.58%
Beaumont 10 52.63%
Perris 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:23 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,399,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Lordy.
. People with common sense don't have problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 09:45 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,908,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Gangs --read the whole post
I did read the posts, hence why I asked my question. I'm half Black and went to college. Grew up middle/upper middle class my entire life. Why the generalization? My Black cousins are doctors and lawyers (2 doctors and 1 lawyer...and a teacher).

It was a racist comment, you could have simply put down gangs. BTW, I've met White people in gangs as well. It's not completely uncommon in Inland Southern California.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:46 AM

71 posts, read 309,721 times
Before I decided to move to Victorville. I shopped around everywhere having moved from Highland. I seen Hemet, Lake Elsinore, Beaumont, and Perris.

I really like Beaumont because it seemed like a nice neighborhood (Sundance). Really close knit community that was well maintained. The taxes were a little high but I liked the fact that it was close to the 10 freeway. Last I heard, the city of Beaumont shall have a Mall/Restaurant outdoor spot like Rancho Cucamonga. Sounds promising. Close to Big Bear and cities such as Redlands, Loma Linda, Highland, San Bernardino.

I felt Hemet looked too run down. I'm real picky and it seemed extremely hood. San Jacinto had farming, had the same feeling and stunk. No modern feeling. Really boring and nothing that grabbed my attention. Where were all the stores?

Perris was to far from jobs. Really out there considering I worked in Fontana.

All in all, I decided to move to Victorville and never regretted it. Big house, low price and good payment. New quiet neighborhood. Just right.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:49 AM

71 posts, read 309,721 times
One more thing. I suggest you take a drive out to all the cities you mentioned to get a feeling of where you'll be living. Go in the day time and night time. Your the only person who knows what you like. Don't count on us. I never thought I'd move out to the High Desert. People talk a lot of badd stuff but don't know what their talking about. I love it.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:36 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,399,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I did read the posts, hence why I asked my question. I'm half Black and went to college. Grew up middle/upper middle class my entire life. Why the generalization? My Black cousins are doctors and lawyers (2 doctors and 1 lawyer...and a teacher).

It was a racist comment, you could have simply put down gangs. BTW, I've met White people in gangs as well. It's not completely uncommon in Inland Southern California.
Don'tmplay the racist card so much. It cheapens you.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:18 AM

15 posts, read 98,768 times
They all suck equally. You wll regret moving to any of them.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:59 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,908,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Don'tmplay the racist card so much. It cheapens you.
Then don't make racist remarks, it makes you look like a racist. You could have said: yeah I did generalize two entire groups of people...sorry. But rather it "cheapens" me for pointing out that you made a remark that generalized two entire populations? How?

Old 01-10-2010, 01:04 PM

15 posts, read 98,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
This is like asking which level of hell you prefer.
Exactly

Old 01-10-2010, 01:16 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,030,232 times
Beaumont isnt too bad.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:11 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,218,353 times
Very interesting conversaton. I am going to outdate myself here, haven't lived in CA for 17 years. However; 32 years ago, I bought a acre of land in Homeland, CA. It was nice, farmland surrounded our property on two sides. YOu could put a mobile on it. Anyway, we held unto it for 4 years and sold it for the same price we bought it for. Back then interest rates were 12 percent. Last year, I talked to a realtor and he said Homeland and Romoland is now drug infested and gangs. We were warned by another realtor stay out of Hemet and those areas mentioned. 32 years ago, Hemet was a small snowbird and retirement town. Back then San Jacinto there was nothing but a few houses and a few mobile home parks and no shopping at all. I suppose now there is some shopping. Lake Elsinore in the 70's was nothing but a old town, that was unkept and the lake was smelley and allot of trailer parks, and I would say to my husband, "who would want to live here" and the same with Perris, lots of trailers on 1/2 acre lots. Beaumont back in the 70's had several trailer parks, and was kinda run down, old farming community. Out of all these areas in the 70's, Hemet and San Jacinto, weren't bad at all. Not the problems I hear of today. Nothing beats Prescott, AZ in my opinion, it is almost perfect here and I wouldn't trade it for any place in California but if I would move back, it would be Temecula. Many areas of California are not the same. I don't know why, but many communities appear run down. It may be me but seedy might be the correct word I am looking for. Traffic, smog and crime. I have only visited California a few times, each time I get ripped off. Just could be my luck. Best of luck. Living in a rural, little traffic, clean air, is what I love most living here, and we have a mall, costco, sam's club. We do not have many jobs here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties