Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2013, 10:50 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,012,365 times

Advertisements

Back on topic:

U.S Marshals got the killers who killed that East Bay Rap artist late last year right outside his house in Oakland:
Two men charged with murder in 2012 fatal shooting of Oakland rapper - San Jose Mercury News

The killers had been hiding out in Nevada when U.S Marshals surrounded their hideout. Wish I could've have been there in full SWAT gear.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:45 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,492,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
The killers had been hiding out in Nevada when U.S Marshals surrounded their hideout. Wish I could've have been there in full SWAT gear.
Yeah. I'd like to have seen you there too. But here's a heads up. SWAT gets really annoyed when someone urinates all over their body armor out of fear.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:48 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,718,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Yeah. I'd like to have seen you there too. But here's a heads up. SWAT gets really annoyed when someone urinates all over their body armor out of fear.
Well, I've been told that he's a REMF type, so he'd off been to far away to get that scaredy I'm thinking.

All I can picture is Sad Sack in da back.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I've seen hardcore veteran cops puke at some of the things I was forced to see as a young resident physician.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I've seen hardcore veteran cops puke at some of the things I was forced to see as a young resident physician.
Doc. Spare us the gory details. Unless you wanna get to the gory details. Which as an insurance adjuster I can maybe meet ya halfway on. Cause I gots to see the photos doc, I gots to as part of that ol' investigation.

That and in 8th grade they had us tour the Fresno County Morgue. And you wouldn't believe what kind of photos that ol' coroner had for us in presentation. Them coroners is funny in a morbid kind of way, Doc.

I've got a story about a motorcyclist, his decapitated head, and myself beating the ambulance crew to the scene of the accident. Fairly gross to those not accustomed to such things.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Doc. Spare us the gory details. Unless you wanna get to the gory details. Which as an insurance adjuster I can maybe meet ya halfway on. Cause I gots to see the photos doc, I gots to as part of that ol' investigation.

That and in 8th grade they had us tour the Fresno County Morgue. And you wouldn't believe what kind of photos that ol' coroner had for us in presentation. Them coroners is funny in a morbid kind of way, Doc.

I've got a story about a motorcyclist, his decapitated head, and myself beating the ambulance crew to the scene of the accident. Fairly gross to those not accustomed to such things.
I'll spare the details since, well, since it's illegal to not do so.

That being said, in terms of murders or crime in Oakland, the ones that bug me the most are the unsolved ones, or cold cases, which is the ones that worry me since these psychopaths are often still on the loose until a SWAT team barges in on their hideout to capture them.

Here's one from Oakland that made a lot of headlines way back in 2000:
OAKLAND / Coroner Identifies Stabbing Victim - SFGate

Guy was stabbed to death multiple times while he was cooking dinner. A friend of mine was part of the initial investigative unit that reached the home, and poor guy had a burnt steak on a pan. Never found the killers.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Doc as long as you discuss generalities without the finer details of identification you is ok...

Nice backflip in the first sentence though. How's your spine hanging in there?

Old 03-18-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Doc as long as you discuss generalities without the finer details of identification you is ok...

Nice backflip in the first sentence though. How's your spine hanging in there?
Please stay on topic my cow town friend. Any input about Oakland crime appreciated.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 AM

Cow towns getting kinda used up. Can't you think of another one?

Like Lafeete has landed or something, like I can for Lafayette. You ain't French is you? You do seem kinda effete. Maybe you ought to have a Podiatrist check out them tootsies as something is ripe in river city around here. And it ain't bodies in the Hudson. Speaking of Hudson, her careers doing very well ain't it? And she lost some weight and is looking mighty fine. It's a fine day, Doc. Why don't you head on outside and Doc it up or something?

Put on y'alls Spidey mask and go fight crime. Fighting crime is tough work in Oakland, Doc. I'm sure they don't need you about in SWAT gear messing up the ops. Why don't you un-retire and go conduct some operations of your own?

Why, I'm operating here, I'm free flowing and riffing right along. We'uns is sending some fine Red Wavers up there to Berkeley for the NCAA's Doc. Go Lady Bulldogs! Do you have any white water riff.. err river rafting you can recommend in the area? They might take you along on the Fresno Road Show and leave you in charge of floating with the beer cooler barge or something. You can handle handing out beers right?

Pardon me for barging into the thread Doc. I will talk about whatever I want to, when I want to. And I've made that mighty clear about the place.

Oakland crime is booorrrrrrinnnggggg, so I have livened it up a bit.

Now then. Crime is high in Oakland and we all know this. But as I have pointed out there are safe and fine places to live. And I will continue to point that out. Thank you and do come again.

Signing off til next time. Which maybe in your breakfast thread, depending on how inspired I am to tease some.

Woof!

Old 03-18-2013, 11:30 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,787,093 times
Quote:

That being said, in terms of murders or crime in Oakland, the ones that bug me the most are the unsolved ones, or cold cases, which is the ones that worry me since these psychopaths are often still on the loose until a SWAT team barges in on their hideout to capture them.

Here's one from Oakland that made a lot of headlines way back in 2000:
OAKLAND / Coroner Identifies Stabbing Victim - SFGate

Guy was stabbed to death multiple times while he was cooking dinner. A friend of mine was part of the initial investigative unit that reached the home, and poor guy had a burnt steak on a pan. Never found the killers.
at least the oakland pd identified it as a murder.
in san francisco a french national was found stabbed in his home no murder weapon in sight and the sfpd declared it a suicide. his family and friends had to hire a seperate investigator point out that that it's highl unlikely someone stabs themselves hides the weapon without a blood trail then comes back home to die.
Report: Death Of French National In SF Was Murder, Not Suicide | www.ktvu.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland