Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 03:37 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

[quote=capoeira;28893826]The Ozarks have an infinitely higher quality of life compared to the Bay area. Too bad they do not have a lot of employment opportunities. However if they%

Old 03-29-2013, 03:38 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Your comment as to quality of life is personal preference.

Your little note about jobs is actual fact. To bad people that create jobs in abundance don't want to live in the Ozarks for the most part.
Lots of jobs can be both a blessing and a curse. The former is obviois. The latter less so. Lots of jobs bring lots of people and most of us prefer our rural surroundings. If the Ozarks ended up with sprawl, heavy traffic, polluted air, ect., that would be a crime.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:39 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
The Ozarks is a very special, beautiful and unique region that encompasses portions of three states. But you're probably right. You wouldn't care to live here because you likely wouldn't be wanted as a neighor.

As to the original question, which I believe can be answered without pejoratives, I don't see most of the people in the Bay Aea as being materialistic. They're not about amassing "things." They're more about affording the ability to live in and enjoy the Bay Area which is an expensive place to live.
Why would I want to live there? Any diversity there? They probably don't want me as a neighbor because I'm a minority. Is that right?

Old 03-29-2013, 03:40 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
And our QOL, suits my wife and me, both native Californians, just fine. It's different which is part of why we chose it in retirement. Your comments make little, if any, sense in a thread that's supposed to be about the Bay Area. If you have to compare it to defend it you've lost before you've begun.
Good for you, I stated that QOL means different things to different people so I'm not sure the point of your post to me is. Also I responded to a post that mentioned the Ozarks and compared QOL measurements between both places, so how does that not make sense? Wouldn't Capoeria's orginal post in here not make sense before mine or all the other people that responded to it too, yet you chose to call me out I'm not the one that compared the Ozarks in the first place

Clearly you get defensive when the flaws of the Ozarks are pointed out yet sure don't hesitate to do that for CA. Talk about a double standard.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Why would I want to live there? Any diversity there? They probably don't want me as a neighbor because I'm a minority. Is that right?
Nope. I didn't know you were a minority and I don't care one way or the other. Get over yourself and your status. Everything isn't about race.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:46 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,714,500 times
Quote:
Lots of jobs can be both a blessing and a curse. The former is obviois. The latter less so. Lots of jobs bring lots of people and most of us prefer our rural surroundings. If the Ozarks ended up with sprawl, heavy traffic, polluted air, ect., that would be a crime.
Well, I know that. I tell ya and I tell ya my great-grandpa dust bowled himself to the central valley from Missouri, needed to have a job to survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
I don't think that's right. I still have family in Missouri and they ain't racist that I've ever detected. Same family now is half Hispanic now down in Tulare.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Clearly you get defensive when the flaws of the Ozarks are pointed out yet sure don't hesitate to do that for CA. Talk about a double standard.
Go back to my first post in this thread, top of page 5. I was supporting the Bay Area.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:48 PM

Yeah, Curmys being pretty balanced here.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:51 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,487 times
Quote:
Nope. I didn't know you were a minority and I don't care one way or the other. Get over yourself and your status. Everything isn't about race.
What is it about then? Why wouldn't they want me as a neighbor? Keep in mind you know nothing about me.

What's my status? That I live in the bay area?

Old 03-29-2013, 03:54 PM

It's that you wonder why the hell you would want to live there. If you have to ask why...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland