Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 04:54 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,737,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaclady View Post
I love Bradenton and I have NEVER seen or heard a gun shot in the past 10 years I've been here and I live in one of the sections where people on this forum claim it's so bad.
Weather permitting I leave my windows open at night while I am asleep and while I am at work all day and I live alone.
Bradenton isn't any safer or worse than any other place where there are parents letting their kids do what they want to do.
Go to Wal Mart sometime. You'll see there who is to blame. The kids are calling their Mom's B_TCH and everything else and the Mom's do nothing.
I'm sure when Jr comes in with a gun she asks, where did you get that? You better take it back.
If it were my kid, I would have called 911.
Have you heard of Stacy Williams? Pamela LaRose? They were shot and killed here in Bradenton just in the past year or two. Pamela LaRose was shot and killed in the Publix shopping center on Cortez and 59th. The Kmart Shopping Center on Manatee Ave. and 75th Street West- 2 people were robbed in the parking lot. Several Robberies have happened at "The Shoppes of Paradise Bay" shopping center on Cortez and 75th Street, and their have been a few incidents were windows were shot with BB guns at the shopping center, and have you drove behind that shopping center? Gang graffiti- multiple gang graffiti behind that shopping centers. Church's have been robbed, schools have been robbed and vandalized. Kidnapping at apartment complex on 26th Street, kidnapping ON 26th Street, kidnapping on 14th street, multiple downtown incidents on on Business 41, shall I go on? There has been a lot happen in this area. I would not leave my windows open, nor would I not leave my door unlocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinflorida View Post
We have had family who has lived in Bradenton for twenty years. I left and came back to be closer to family. But, we are all leaving. Nothing to report in West Bradenton, other than crime. A lot of my friends had their property insurance cancelled for their homes, and you cannot go out at night.
The school system is pretty bad because neighborhoods are so mixed. Near the beaches, you could live in a million dollar home and have the "hood" on the next block...too hit or miss. They do have a park, but if you have children in activities, sports, at night..you have to run to your car.
People talk about Lakewood ranch as a good place to live. But crime is headed that way as well. If you have children, they will attend school with a lot of "rough" kids, even in Lakewood ranch(out east). A student from Lakewood ranch high school just committed murder this past week. The high schools and middle schools are filled with gangs and drugs. A lot the "rich" kids are not supervised because parents are at the "country club".
I just spoke to 2 familes from Lakewood ranch this past week who are packing up and heading back up north. They are so dissappointed with the area. Our East, tries to pretend to not see the problems, but they are there. If you have children, RUN RUN RUN.
Now, it would take me all day to talk about West Bradenton. Pretty beaches, but crime, crime, crime. We are saving our money and running for the hills.
I realize a lot of towns have crime, but Bradenton has a strange feeling about it..not good. We have had 3 murders this week and counting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Bradenton is overflowing with gang activity, with gang wars playing out in public. I would not recommend leaving windows open in a city with such a criminal element dwelling in it.
^^ I suggest reading these posts a couple of times. These posts, by lostinflorida and DailyJournalist, speak absolute truth. This is the real, unfortunate as it is.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:10 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,299,168 times
Suncoast~ We have gave up on Lakewood Ranch. We will focus on Venice, Nokomis, Sarasota. Lakwood Ranch is too close for comfort as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for all the info. It helped alot.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:31 AM

831 posts, read 2,438,792 times
I live in the perfect development in Sarasota. 2 min to 75, Walmart and Homedepot is down the street. 8 miles to siesta Key beaches. Family friendly neighborhood. Convenient to everything. Check out my house and this is what you get. Click the link below.

Last edited by Sunnydee; 07-23-2008 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: advertising deleted

Old 07-22-2008, 11:38 AM

14 posts, read 39,297 times
Tara is an awesome community and you are not near the crime areas.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:10 PM

45 posts, read 145,053 times
I will have to say that Tara is a pretty community but still too close to the activity of crimes. IF you leave Tara then you have to deal with the crime right outside of your gates. You can't stay locked behind the gates forever. Plus, if you have children, they have to leave sometime.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:49 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,737,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Suncoast~ We have gave up on Lakewood Ranch. We will focus on Venice, Nokomis, Sarasota. Lakwood Ranch is too close for comfort as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for all the info. It helped alot.
Your welcome. I'll try to help as much as I can.

Quote:
I will have to say that Tara is a pretty community but still too close to the activity of crimes. IF you leave Tara then you have to deal with the crime right outside of your gates. You can't stay locked behind the gates forever. Plus, if you have children, they have to leave sometime.
I have to agree. If I'm not mistaken, isn't Tara close to the ghetto part of Palmetto? If this is so, crime isn't far away, but Tara itself not looking outside of the box is nice, so I hear anyway.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:28 PM

45 posts, read 145,053 times
Yes, Tara is close to the bad neighborhood. IF you are west of 75 on SR 70 or SR 64, it is really bad. I would not suggest to drive through some of those neighborhoods, but I would never venture through those areas at night or even the daytime, for that matter.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:35 AM

95 posts, read 356,031 times
Quote:
We have had family who has lived in Bradenton for twenty years. I left and came back to be closer to family. But, we are all leaving. Nothing to report in West Bradenton, other than crime. A lot of my friends had their property insurance cancelled for their homes, and you cannot go out at night.
The school system is pretty bad because neighborhoods are so mixed. Near the beaches, you could live in a million dollar home and have the "hood" on the next block...too hit or miss. They do have a park, but if you have children in activities, sports, at night..you have to run to your car.
People talk about Lakewood ranch as a good place to live. But crime is headed that way as well. If you have children, they will attend school with a lot of "rough" kids, even in Lakewood ranch(out east). A student from Lakewood ranch high school just committed murder this past week. The high schools and middle schools are filled with gangs and drugs. A lot the "rich" kids are not supervised because parents are at the "country club".
I just spoke to 2 familes from Lakewood ranch this past week who are packing up and heading back up north. They are so dissappointed with the area. Our East, tries to pretend to not see the problems, but they are there. If you have children, RUN RUN RUN.
Now, it would take me all day to talk about West Bradenton. Pretty beaches, but crime, crime, crime. We are saving our money and running for the hills.
I realize a lot of towns have crime, but Bradenton has a strange feeling about it..not good. We have had 3 murders this week and counting.
Venice is quiet, Port Charlotte is hit or miss, Parrish is rural but has some strange occurances that happen(crime).
Take a look at Sarasota, if you have your heart set on the area. But you have to watch because Sarasota has a lot of crime as well. Good luck.
Lakewood Ranch? How could that be. I don't live there but all i've heard is positive things about that area. I live out west and i haven't had any problems YET

Old 07-26-2008, 09:40 PM

83 posts, read 277,646 times
Default Tara Preserve is LOVELY

Right next to Lakewood Ranch - very upmarket. You wouldn't go wrong there.
The location of Tara sets it, practically, between Sarasota and Bradenton. You really can go to either and I've never had a problem anywhere here.
M

Old 07-26-2008, 09:41 PM

83 posts, read 277,646 times
Default Lakewood Ranch

To the person who is scaremongering about the LWR High School murder - it was done by a former student IN BRADENTON CENTER. Please give correct facts before dissing LWR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area