Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:12 AM

3 posts, read 11,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Could someone tell me what this area is like? I keep hearing Bradenton is bad. Is this part bad also?

Birds Eye Terrace
Bradenton FL 34203 Subdivision: The Presereve At Tara County/Parish: Manatee Location: SR 70 close to I-75
Thanks!
bradenton is mexican gangs

Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 AM

182 posts, read 1,001,817 times
Default Mexican Gangs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman182000 View Post
bradenton is mexican gangs
I live, shop and go to Church in Bradenton.
Please tell me, where are these Mexican gangs hanging out? I've yet to see them.

The area spoken of is a very nice area and you shouldn't fear Bradenton because someone else says it's all Mexican Gangs because that simply is not true!!

I've lived here for 10 years and I haven't had one single problem that needed the law to be called.

This is getting too funny for me to hold back laughing out loud!!

Old 07-31-2008, 08:48 AM

64 posts, read 89,329 times
Default Jenny...feedback in re Manatee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Could someone tell me what this area is like? I keep hearing Bradenton is bad. Is this part bad also?

Birds Eye Terrace
Bradenton FL 34203 Subdivision: The Presereve At Tara County/Parish: Manatee Location: SR 70 close to I-75
Thanks!

There are many many misconceptions and even lies that are published about Manatee County....

First, Bradenton is but one small city within Manatee county...where you mention is approximately 10-15 mile DUE EAST of the City of Bradenton limits, and is governed not by Bradenton at all. Other cities besides Bradenton include Anna Maria, Parrish, Palmetto, Holemes Beach, Bradenton Beach, and Longboat key (half of which is totally in Manatee County, not Sarasota.)

Lakewood Ranch, a sprawling, relatively new, almost self-contained area just east of I-75, has also applied to become just another "town" or "city" within Manatee County...but there is very little similarity between Bradenton whose city limits is 15 miles all the way east, and areas within or immediately surrounding Lakewood Ranch.

The areas you inquire about are NOT in "East Bradenton", they are completely outside that city, but are of course within Manatee County (an unicorporated part as of now).

There is a dubious misconception that areas around Tara, et al that you mention is somehow "East Bradenton".....that is patently FALSE. There is no such thing as East Bradenton around Tara, Lakewood Ranch, Harborage, Heritage Harbour, River Wilderness, Panther Ridge, the Inlets, and a multitude of similar developments clustering around I-75......such as Rosedale

Of COURSE there is a "EAST (side) of the City of Bradenton"....of COURSE there

is a "NorthWest(side) of the CITY of BRADENTON"...and of COURSE

there is a "WEST(side) of Bradenton"......

But they are ALL IN THE CITY OF BRADENTON.

Again, if an 'area' falls outside the City of Bradenton, if can't BE in Bradenton (or described as such !)

As clearly and cogently stated earlier, Lakewood Ranch is OUTSIDE the

City of Bradenton....by maybe 12-15 miles EAST......

For the sake of your complete clarity also know that there are many many other areas in Manatee County that sometimes irresponsibly and falsely get labeled as "Bradenton". Some of those areas are:

Whitfield
Palm Aire
University Park, and

most everything west on 64 to the river is outside
most everything EAST on 64 is outside

So, if it's OUTSIDE the City of Bradenton, the use of the

nomeclature of "East Bradenton" is specious, and inaccurate

on its face.

Please don't be mislead or misinformed.

If it's NOT in Bradenton, it's NOT Bradenton.

Although Bradenton has a unique history in Manatee County, The City of Bradenton is not some amorphous, undefined and

'creeping' political entity....it's just another small city within

Manatee County.....it's not the 'sole' small city.....As time moves forward

it is possible for even other "towns" to be developed just like the sprawling Lakewood Ranch community is in the process of doing.

The areas that you ask about, have very little in common with the city of

Bradenton, and should not be necessarily associated with it....just like

Sarasota County has diverse cities within it such as the city of Sarasota

itself, the city of Venice, Osprey, and even Northport.

Keep in mind, just because an area has a US POSTAL mailing address of

"BRADENTON,FLORIDA USA" does not mean that it is a part of the city of Bradenton.

There are many areas that are within Manatee County (the county of Bradenton) that have SARASOTA US POSTAL mailing addresses, such as
areas around Whitfield, Palm Aire, University Park, North Lockwood Ridge Road, North Tuttle, and more.

Jenny, I would advise you to consult a good, accurate map, and see for yourself and do your own homework in order to avoid some of the misconceptions, and misinformation that sometimes accompanies these
types of forums.

Crime information and other statistics are better found through official government agencies, about any MSA (metropolitan statistical area). There are 'bad areas' of the city of Bradenton no doubt, but the area you reference is not in Bradenton at all.

A little information sometimes can do more harm than good.

Investigate, then invest.

The City of Bradenton is only a very small part of huge Manatee County

See for yourself

Here' a map of the city of Bradenton with city limits, the area you've mentioned is about 14 miles from the easternmost city limit boundary.

http://www.cityofbradenton.com/verti...93EECB4%7D.PDF (http://www.cityofbradenton.com/vertical/Sites/%7B2D1C3C91-86C5-4ACC-86B6-6CFA76381D46%7D/uploads/%7B84BC7F02-5633-4D61-9BBF-A622793EECB4%7D.PDF - broken link)

Old 07-31-2008, 09:17 AM

64 posts, read 89,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaclady View Post
I don't believe they are horrified to put Bradenton as their address. They just want a Post Office all their own like a lot of communities have.
Manatee Co. is split between parts of both Sarasota and Bradenton just like Sarasota County has part of Englewood in it and the rest of Englewood is in Charlotte County.
Part of Longboat is in Sarasota County and part in Manatee Co but they are Longboat Key Residents, not Sarasota or Bradenton!!

????????Manatee co. is split between parts of both Sarasota and Bradenton???????

THAT is patently FALSE......the US POSTAL ADDRESS DELIVERY MODEL
is "split" however.....postal delivery has nothing to do with geo-political
determination !!

The postal service can 'name' it anything they wish...but towns and states
are sovereign....

Old 07-31-2008, 10:06 AM

Default Sorry, You're Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisMonkeyMane View Post
????????Manatee co. is split between parts of both Sarasota and Bradenton???????

THAT is patently FALSE......the US POSTAL ADDRESS DELIVERY MODEL
is "split" however.....postal delivery has nothing to do with geo-political
determination !!

The postal service can 'name' it anything they wish...but towns and states
are sovereign....
I lived on Pearl Street and my address was Sarasota but I did live in Manatee County.
Those are facts!! Not misconceptions of the mind.
Sarasota County is splitting Englewood between themselves and Charlotte County.
Sorry, you don't seem to know everything after all.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:13 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,569,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaclady View Post
I live, shop and go to Church in Bradenton.
Please tell me, where are these Mexican gangs hanging out? I've yet to see them.

The area spoken of is a very nice area and you shouldn't fear Bradenton because someone else says it's all Mexican Gangs because that simply is not true!!

I've lived here for 10 years and I haven't had one single problem that needed the law to be called.

This is getting too funny for me to hold back laughing out loud!!
How can you say that Bradenton is not full of gangs. There are numerous articles written by respected journalists about Bradenton's violent gang problem. Gangs are all over Bradenton. You must be choosing not to see them.

Last edited by DailyJournalist; 07-31-2008 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: mistake

Old 07-31-2008, 10:20 AM

Default Haven't Seen Any

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
How can you say that Bradenton is not full of gangs. There are numerous articles written by respected journalists about Bradenton's violent gang problem. Gangs are all over Bradenton. You must be choosing not to see them.
Perhaps I have seen them and I didn't realize they were a gang.
Gangs may be all over Bradenton but why would I see them?
Do they have something marking them so I know they are part of a gang?
Is it their clothing? Tattoo? The vehicles they drive?
What determines a gang?
I'm a Red Hat Society Queen and we go out in a group all dressed alike.
YIKES!! I'm part of a Gang!!

Old 07-31-2008, 02:45 PM

4,896 posts, read 14,144,809 times
So glad I don't live in Bradenton anymore.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:24 PM

3 posts, read 8,628 times
nice stories and helpful too. lol We are in Kansas considering a move to Florida next spring. My husband can accept jobs in Sarasota or Boynton Beach. not sure where to go or what school system is best. I would have a freshman in high school. what are the big differences in counties? looks like manatee and charlotte and sarasota all run together......what is best??? thanks

Old 07-31-2008, 03:43 PM

102 posts, read 461,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angnbri View Post
nice stories and helpful too. lol We are in Kansas considering a move to Florida next spring. My husband can accept jobs in Sarasota or Boynton Beach. not sure where to go or what school system is best. I would have a freshman in high school. what are the big differences in counties? looks like manatee and charlotte and sarasota all run together......what is best??? thanks
My vote is Sarasota. It has good schools and lots to do. Bradenton seems to have more controversy. I don't know about Boyton Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area