Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 10:01 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,559,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariadbd View Post
To the person who is scaremongering about the LWR High School murder - it was done by a former student IN BRADENTON CENTER. Please give correct facts before dissing LWR.
Lakewood Ranch Highschool has unfortunetly fallen into the grips of gangs. Gangs have risen in power in this highschool and are turning it into a war zone. The city of Bradenton is now gang territory and without a strong police intervention they are only getting stronger. I urge parents to keep their kids away from this violence, gangs have destroyed the lives of so many in this country.

Bradenton.com | 07/20/2008 | No end to carnage by young shooters (broken link)

Old 07-26-2008, 10:34 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,729,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariadbd View Post
To the person who is scaremongering about the LWR High School murder - it was done by a former student IN BRADENTON CENTER. Please give correct facts before dissing LWR.
Nobody is "dissing" Lakewood Ranch, and yes this murder happened in Bradenton, but Lakewood Ranch is not immune to crime. It's happened there as well as Bradenton. So to mariadbd who is "scaremongering" about people "dissing" Lakewood Ranch, check your facts, because even through this didn't happen in Lakewood Ranch, Lakewood Ranch is a expensive, uppity "town" with crime. Another Manatee County "town".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Lakewood Ranch Highschool has unfortunetly fallen into the grips of gangs. Gangs have risen in power in this highschool and are turning it into a war zone. The city of Bradenton is now gang territory and without a strong police intervention they are only getting stronger. I urge parents to keep their kids away from this violence, gangs have destroyed the lives of so many in this country.

Bradenton.com | 07/20/2008 | No end to carnage by young shooters (broken link)
I agree. Lakewood Ranch High School is no prize, that's for sure. You have your kids that wear a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops to school, and then you got your baggy clothes, pants hanging below the a$$ gang members at school. I think I would rather have the t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flop kids, but I think Lakewood Ranch has more of the baggy clothes, pants hanging below the a$$ gang members. Also, if I remember correctly, wasn't/isn't Lakewood Ranch having a lot of problems with teen crimes??

Old 07-28-2008, 07:46 PM

45 posts, read 144,993 times
Default Lakewood ranch IS in Bradenton...

Lakewood ranch IS in Bradenton. I hate to tell you, but Lakewood ranch has a lot of crimes as well. I have friends who live there, I have worked there, and I spend time out there. Lakewood ranch is considered, OUT EAST! If you drive down SR 64 or SR 70, that is where a lot of crime happens. Lakewood ranch is right next to those areas. The schools in Lakewood ranch are mixed with all kinds of kids, a lot of drugs, and a lot of crime. Maybe the people out east don't like to see the problems, but they are there, BIG TIME!
Lakewood ranch has been known to have more drugs in the school than any other high school in Bradenton. I do not like any part of Bradenton! If you live in LWR and have teenagers, don't let them out at night, especially to drive down SR 64 or SR 70. I have family who has lived in the area for over 20 years, now leaving, so we know the area fairly well. Many of the people who live in that area have no idea what goes on outside the gates.
Also, just because you live in LWR does not mean your children are not exposed to gangs. Manatee county has school choice and students can go to any school they like. For example, students from the "bad" areas are sitting right next to your students in class. My best friend taught out east, she left because of all of the drugs and gang problems. The rich kids where "busted" several times, in middle school, for drugs and inappropriate contact in school. Therefore, LWR is a part of Bradenton! You may become your own city....but believe me, children and people from all over Manatee county, including west bradenton come to LWR everyday...schools.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:42 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,729,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinflorida View Post
Lakewood ranch IS in Bradenton. I hate to tell you, but Lakewood ranch has a lot of crimes as well. I have friends who live there, I have worked there, and I spend time out there. Lakewood ranch is considered, OUT EAST! If you drive down SR 64 or SR 70, that is where a lot of crime happens. Lakewood ranch is right next to those areas. The schools in Lakewood ranch are mixed with all kinds of kids, a lot of drugs, and a lot of crime. Maybe the people out east don't like to see the problems, but they are there, BIG TIME!
Lakewood ranch has been known to have more drugs in the school than any other high school in Bradenton. I do not like any part of Bradenton! If you live in LWR and have teenagers, don't let them out at night, especially to drive down SR 64 or SR 70. I have family who has lived in the area for over 20 years, now leaving, so we know the area fairly well. Many of the people who live in that area have no idea what goes on outside the gates.
Also, just because you live in LWR does not mean your children are not exposed to gangs. Manatee county has school choice and students can go to any school they like. For example, students from the "bad" areas are sitting right next to your students in class. My best friend taught out east, she left because of all of the drugs and gang problems. The rich kids where "busted" several times, in middle school, for drugs and inappropriate contact in school. Therefore, LWR is a part of Bradenton! You may become your own city....but believe me, children and people from all over Manatee county, including west bradenton come to LWR everyday...schools.
Lakewood Ranch is NOT in Bradenton, it is in Manatee County. Lakewood Ranch and Bradenton are two different communites. However, the rest of your post is accurate and true in every word expect for the Lakewood Ranch being Bradenton thing.
Also, to the poster above, there IS an East Bradenton, just like there is a Northwest and West Bradenton.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:44 AM

45 posts, read 144,993 times
When you write an address to send to someone in LWR, you use Bradenton, Florida. It is only recently that people who live there like to write, LWR on their address. That is because most of them would be horrified to write, Bradenton, on their address line.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:00 AM

2 posts, read 6,651 times
At least the crime has not come to Okeechobee. This a nice town, moved here 2002 and love it. We are moving though because my husband has found work elsewhere. If you have a business this is a great place to live.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:17 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,137,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinflorida View Post
When you write an address to send to someone in LWR, you use Bradenton, Florida. It is only recently that people who live there like to write, LWR on their address. That is because most of them would be horrified to write, Bradenton, on their address line.
It's very similar to other parts of Manatee County where the zip code and the written city do not agree.....

For example...the Whitfield area, out by the airport...the mailing addresses read Sarasota but it's still Manatee County but not exactly Bradenton...1/2 of Longboat Key is Manatee County....

Old 07-30-2008, 07:14 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,189,971 times
Please get back to the original topic. Please report posts that are personal attacks, off topic or rude.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:58 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,137,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Please get back to the original topic. Please report posts that are personal attacks, off topic or rude.
Thank you!

Old 07-31-2008, 08:07 AM

182 posts, read 1,001,247 times
Default Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
It's very similar to other parts of Manatee County where the zip code and the written city do not agree.....

For example...the Whitfield area, out by the airport...the mailing addresses read Sarasota but it's still Manatee County but not exactly Bradenton...1/2 of Longboat Key is Manatee County....
I don't believe they are horrified to put Bradenton as their address. They just want a Post Office all their own like a lot of communities have.
Manatee Co. is split between parts of both Sarasota and Bradenton just like Sarasota County has part of Englewood in it and the rest of Englewood is in Charlotte County.
Part of Longboat is in Sarasota County and part in Manatee Co but they are Longboat Key Residents, not Sarasota or Bradenton!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area