Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 11:12 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,830,448 times

Advertisements

Ah yes, the old saying of Seattle, "summer doesn't start til the 5th of July."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 13 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,926,035 times
Actually, New York City and some other cities in the Northeast just recently had a 14 cloudy day in a row period and this came right after a mostly cloudy April. Today is finally sunny.

From April 1 to May 25( A 55 day period) New York City, Philadelphia, and Boston had only 1 day that was sunny/clear the entire day There were some days with sunshine in this time period since April 1 but even those days had clouds and overcast for at least part of the day.

But the difference is that the Northeast was much sunnier than the Pacific Northwest last May, Last June, Last September, Last November, Last December, This past January, This past February, and This past March.

And that kind of extended cloudiness is pretty rare for the Northeast.
And the 10 day forecast shows finally show lot of sunshine for the Northeast.

I actually like cloudy/rainy weather sometimes as much as sunny weather but not when it drags on and lasts too long and there needs to be plenty of sunny days to go with the cloudy/rainy weather.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:13 PM

807 posts, read 2,259,111 times
Looks like the longer range and monthly outlooks are headed toward a warm and dry trend. Thank god.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJB View Post
Looks like the longer range and monthly outlooks are headed toward a warm and dry trend. Thank god.
A warm and dry trend for what months?

June, July, August, and September?

I assume there must be some years in Seattle when the June weather ends up being different from the May weather.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:14 PM

51 posts, read 144,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Actually, New York City and some other cities in the Northeast just recently had a 14 cloudy day in a row period and this came right after a mostly cloudy April. Today is finally sunny.

From April 1 to May 25( A 55 day period) New York City, Philadelphia, and Boston had only 1 day that was sunny/clear the entire day There were some days with sunshine in this time period since April 1 but even those days had clouds and overcast for at least part of the day.

But the difference is that the Northeast was much sunnier than the Pacific Northwest last May, Last June, Last September, Last November, Last December, This past January, This past February, and This past March.

I actually like cloudy/rainy weather sometimes as much as sunny weather but not when it drags on and lasts too long and there needs to be plenty of sunny days to go with the cloudy/rainy weather.
Northeastern CT had a spectacular April but a rainier than usual May.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit11 View Post
Northeastern CT had a spectacular April but a rainier than usual May.
LOL, I find that hard to believe because Northeastern Connecticut is between Boston and New York City and I assume had the same weather for April and May.

Maybe you meant spectacular April for temperatures and not sky condition since winter finally was over after early April.

I actually liked plenty of the cloudy/rainy days in April and May for the Northeast but I started to not like it when it felt like it was dragging on for too long.

Quote:

Old 05-27-2011, 12:27 PM

51 posts, read 144,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan6752 View Post
Thanks for the info, i have been dying to travel to Seatle,ever since i saw sleepless in Seatle, it looks so beautiful there, i currently live in Florida and sick of this weather, can you please advise if i vacation there,what is the best place to vacation to,Hotels attractions, etc... anything will help...
Thanks,
Susan
Susan,
This is a very diverse state. You will get more good replies if you can give us an idea what you like to do. Do you want to just stay in Seattle or get out to the ocean, mountains, etc.?

You are on the Climate Thread and probably won't get much response here. You should go to the main page and post your questions under "Seattle"

Old 05-28-2011, 02:40 AM

I just saw that it is 47 degrees in Seattle right now with a windchill of 43 degrees. That is almost a winter like temperature and winter coat weather. At least it will "rapidly warm up" tomorrow to the mid to upper 50s with more perpetual clouds and drizzle.

While where I am in the Northeast, it will be 90 degrees after tomorrow with a low of 70.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
I just saw that it is 47 degrees in Seattle right now with a windchill of 43 degrees. That is almost a winter like temperature and winter coat weather. At least it will "rapidly warm up" tomorrow to the mid to upper 50s with more perpetual clouds and drizzle.

While where I am in the Northeast, it will be 90 degrees after tomorrow with a low of 70.
I would be grateful for temperatures around 47 degrees Fahrenheit. Yesterday, in Atlanta, it was entirely too hot. I went out once around 2pm, and returned home. It was too hot for me. I decided to wait and go out around 8pm. It was still too hot for my tastes. I started sweating almost immediately when I went outside.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I would be grateful for temperatures around 47 degrees Fahrenheit. Yesterday, in Atlanta, it was entirely too hot. I went out once around 2pm, and returned home. It was too hot for me. I decided to wait and go out around 8pm. It was still too hot for my tastes. I started sweating almost immediately when I went outside.
Atlanta has much better weather than Seattle.
Atlanta gets actual summers that are longer and warmer.

At least I like Seattle much more than Atlanta for everything else which is why I would still prefer Seattle over Atlanta.

What was the temperature in Atlanta yesterday?
I am surprised you do not like warm/hot weather while liking cold weather so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area