Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 05:50 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,830,649 times

Advertisements

Miserable summer, cloudy, hot, muggy and awful all Summer.. Usually, the Summers are warm and dry and the perma-cloud cover goes away in early to mid July and doesn't come back until October. Sadly, this year we have had clouds almost all Summer coupled with hot and muggy weather. I almost would prefer it to be cold and drizzly compared to the muggy and hot-cloudy summer we are having this year.

Hopefully, this horrible Summer will result in a sunny, drier Autumn. If it is sunny throughout October, that would be great, as I love hiking in the mountains with the changing color trees, something you don't always have the luxury to do, as sometimes early Autumn can have a lot of heavy rain, like late Spring, and not be very good time to hike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 07:39 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,825,288 times
I think we've had a pretty respectable summer, although there have been way too many muggy days. Yuck! This rain needs to clear out though, today looks more like fall out there. (Still feels like summer temperature wise though).

Old 08-26-2013, 07:52 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,054,460 times
Was at the pool today and it was alternately blindingly sunny and dark and rainy. After about an hour of five-minute weather rotations, I gave up and left. I'm fine with either, it just needs to make up its mind!

Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Miserable summer, cloudy, hot, muggy and awful all Summer.. Usually, the Summers are warm and dry and the perma-cloud cover goes away in early to mid July and doesn't come back until October. Sadly, this year we have had clouds almost all Summer coupled with hot and muggy weather. I almost would prefer it to be cold and drizzly compared to the muggy and hot-cloudy summer we are having this year.
The facts say you are completely wrong. Only 9 cloudy days in June, 2 in July and 4 so far in August. One of the sunniest summers.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
The facts say you are completely wrong. Only 9 cloudy days in June, 2 in July and 4 so far in August. One of the sunniest summers.
My eyes are better than your so-called fact reports.. There hasn't been a sunny day almost all of August and July was cloudy and muggy more than half the days.. Those weather states you quote are totally bogus. I've heard that if the sun comes out for even 5 seconds, it can be considered a sunny or partly sunny day.

This summer has not been sunny at all.. Some people live in denial and refuse to see the clouds.. They say the clouds aren't there, the clouds aren't there..

Last summer was much sunnier and I know for a fact because I have a view of Mt Rainier from where I live. By last August, it was so hazy because of the lack of rain and clouds, that Mt Rainier was impossible to see only 50 miles away on a clear sunny day. The fact that I Can see Rainier crystal clear this Summer is good indicator.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I've heard that if the sun comes out for even 5 seconds, it can be considered a sunny or partly sunny day.
Totally wrong. Check your "sources". 0-30% clouds is sunny, 80-100% is cloudy. That you can't see Mount Rainier doesn't mean it's not sunny. When I was in LA, it was completely sunny, but the visibility wasn't good at all. You couldn't see much from the Hollywood Hills. That didn't mean the sun wasn't shining. Actually this usually happens when it's warmer outside. When it's cooler you have better visibility. It has nothing to do with the cloud cover.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:23 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,458,855 times
I just moved here from NY a few weeks ago, too, and haven't experienced anything remotely hot and muggy relatively. It's pleasant, but we'll have to find new summer activities because its too cold for us to really swim. Maybe in a few more weeks my thermostat will adjust, but I'm typing this in fleece right now. Even considered turning my heater on this AM because the house was 68.

I'm going to die come winter!

Old 08-27-2013, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinla View Post
I just moved here from NY a few weeks ago, too, and haven't experienced anything remotely hot and muggy relatively. It's pleasant, but we'll have to find new summer activities because its too cold for us to really swim. Maybe in a few more weeks my thermostat will adjust, but I'm typing this in fleece right now. Even considered turning my heater on this AM because the house was 68.

You're from New York and complaining about winters in Washington?? Wow!

Old 08-27-2013, 12:56 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
Unless it is unusual this year, summer is definitely not over. September often has lots of sunny days with mild temperatures, although it usually is cooling off more at night. It's actually my favorite month around here. BTW, the warmest temperatures at the Pacific coast actually occur in early September due to the ocean currents and offshore flow.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinla View Post

I don't really understand people who turn on their heater when it's 64 outside (like right now at 1 am). I would turn on my AC if I had one. It's 82 degrees in the house with the windows open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area