Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 09:55 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,463,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
And Obama hasn't ? Bowing to other heads of state, kicking America every
chance he gets. He is considered a joke around the world.
You are absolutely wrong. You just made up everything you wanted to say with no concrete research to back you up.

The Pew Global Research Center (well-respected) has come to the conclusion that "As Obama Years Draw to Close, President and U.S. Seen Favorably in Europe and Asia

Few overseas confident that Trump can handle foreign policy"

As Obama Years Draw to Close, President and U.S. Seen Favorably in Europe and Asia | Pew Research Center

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 12:30 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,611,912 times
Trumpies have no interest in actual facts. Or perhaps it's more that they lack the capacity to research and understand accurate information.

If Trump were to win I wouldn't bug out more than I already have, but I WOULD be too embarrassed to travel outside of the U.S. and have to listen to people from other countries laugh at our country because we were stupid enough to elect him.

He won't win the electoral college vote, though, so we don't really have to worry about that disaster. Instead we can keep planning and preparing for the natural disasters that are much more likely to occur.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:58 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,861,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Trumpies have no interest in actual facts. Or perhaps it's more that they lack the capacity to research and understand accurate information.

If Trump were to win I wouldn't bug out more than I already have, but I WOULD be too embarrassed to travel outside of the U.S. and have to listen to people from other countries laugh at our country because we were stupid enough to elect him.

He won't win the electoral college vote, though, so we don't really have to worry about that disaster. Instead we can keep planning and preparing for the natural disasters that are much more likely to occur.
What actual fact? The one that says Trump might start a war or the fact that Hillary has started wars.

Americans are already laughed at because we elected a buffoon named Obama.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

bill

Old 09-26-2016, 06:53 AM

1,504 posts, read 852,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
You really think so? I remember Trump's fuzzy-headed logic and indecisiveness on "The Apprentice". I think he would be the laughing stock of the world, and take us along for the ride.
I agree...but in the alternative Clinton would not be logical or honest either...but she would fit in nicely with other world leaders...seeing corruption and criminality is now the norm internationally. Clinton would be acceptable to others like herself. At least Trump would give the other criminals a hard time...Like say to China....that America is insolvent and will NOT pay China trillions of dollars....and say WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT....?

Old 09-26-2016, 07:57 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,317,516 times
Ugh.

If I can survive this thread I can survive anything.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:19 AM

32,663 posts, read 48,091,772 times
Too close to call at this point. Neither option is all that good. We have a blowhard and the worst thief that politics has ever produced.

My observation, it doesn't matter which election or who is running, I always encounter liberals with this self-righteous attitude that is the republican candidate wins, they are moving to Canada.

They really think somebody cares. No one cares. It's not like they are important to anyone except on their own mind, so don't let the door hit you as you leave and good riddance.

Maybe there are conservatives making the same threat. I haven't ever heard one, but my response is the same. Your threatening to leave the country most certainly is not going to change my vote to whatever makes you happy enough to remain. You want to go, go ahead and leave. No one cares.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:11 AM

679 posts, read 812,928 times
I would be more tempted to "bug out" if Comrade Clinton wins. Even then, where are you going to go? Just be prepared to resist if America gets its version of Stalin.

Regardless of parties, you have a statist/establishment vs liberty/freedom conflict that is being overlooked.

I personally think its the time of the outsider, not another statist, establishment candidate. Too bad Sanders had the nomination stolen from him.

I wonder sometimes, if this is what the run up to the American Revolution felt like, Tory loyalist vs the Patriots?

Old 09-26-2016, 11:20 AM

628 posts, read 819,719 times
What's with all these people thinking that if Trump wins it will be the end of the world? This seems like complete non-sense to me. In reality, I don't think much will change. If anything, Trump will pick advisers that are true experts in their filed (much like he does for his businesses), vs HRC who will pick people in her Cabinet that are politically motivated. There are flaws with both candidates, but each one has an entire political Party to help with their governing.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:15 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,977,915 times
If Trump wins, after the losers calm down, I expect to feel much safer in the US. Why would I want to leave just as rational thought is beginning to make a comeback in America? Or are you implying that I will be less safe because of Hillary supporters being driven to hurt non-Hillary supporters? If so, how does that idea help her cause .. or a future Dem candidate cause .. sure wouldn't make a convert out of me.

Healthcare - if Trump wins, yes, I hope he will dump that already in a death spiral cesspool that is O'care - but he will also open up competition across state lines and hopefully do other things to make insurance actually more accessible and affordable for LEGAL American citizens.

Ryan - should never have been elected speaker, wouldn't have been but for Rino and Dem pay for play schemes imho. How they bought out the 'freedom caucus' though still baffles me but I don't doubt they did. One hopes that there will be sufficient change in Congress so that this kind of thing won't be as common (though I doubt it will ever be eliminated). I don't think Medicaid is going anywhere no matter what anyway - even if one changes the name.

It is really too bad your brain is so tainted by propaganda that you don't even hear what Trump is saying much less have any ability to understand it or analyze what he means and how that will play out. I do not think you are correct with your figures about how Trump intends to deal with taxes/tax cuts will play out and balance out, but, I do see that you think that increasing taxes on everyone is a better way to go. Have to shake my head at that one but you are entitled to your opinion.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:09 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,611,912 times
Well, one thing's for sure - if Trump does pull off a win (seriously, there's no way he will receive sufficient electoral college votes) I may not be bugging out but I'll sure be laughing hard at all the Trumpies who will quickly become disappointed and disillusioned with the ineffective, egotistical, lying buffoon they elected. As others have said, nothing much in government will change at all.

We really need to be much more concerned about the man-made and natural physical disasters that are coming.

Last edited by 601halfdozen0theother; 09-26-2016 at 02:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness