Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 12:39 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,586,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
The bold is an interesting scenario, MTS.

Like you, I have no use for them either and have done my best to ensure they have no use for me either! So ... whatever.
A guy I work with told me yesterday that his 18 year old son and the son's 18 year old friend were driving around in the friend's car when it had a flat tire.
Neither of these precious snowflakes could change the flat, and had to call the friends parent's so his father could come change it for them!

I isolate myself from society a lot as it just raises my blood pressure to see the idiocy so prevalent today, and how worthless so many of our children have become. I don't ask anything from the special snowflake generation, because I know they are incapable of doing anything but play video games. If it isn't on a computer screen, they have no idea how it operates.

If this is the future of the country, then maybe a collapse would be good, force them to actually have to do something if mommy and daddy can't provide for them anymore.

I get frustrated with useless people, so I'm better off way back in the hills where I don't have to put up with them.
And seeing pointless debates about the worthiness of the 2 poor examples running for president this year only adds to that frustration.

I just spent a week at my cabin, far from media, a long way from other humans, and you know what? IT WAS GREAT!!!
Can't wait until I can tell the world to KMA and go up there to stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 01:56 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,072,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
A guy I work with told me yesterday that his 18 year old son and the son's 18 year old friend were driving around in the friend's car when it had a flat tire.
Neither of these precious snowflakes could change the flat, and had to call the friends parent's so his father could come change it for them!

I isolate myself from society a lot as it just raises my blood pressure to see the idiocy so prevalent today, and how worthless so many of our children have become. I don't ask anything from the special snowflake generation, because I know they are incapable of doing anything but play video games. If it isn't on a computer screen, they have no idea how it operates.

If this is the future of the country, then maybe a collapse would be good, force them to actually have to do something if mommy and daddy can't provide for them anymore.

I get frustrated with useless people, so I'm better off way back in the hills where I don't have to put up with them.
And seeing pointless debates about the worthiness of the 2 poor examples running for president this year only adds to that frustration.

I just spent a week at my cabin, far from media, a long way from other humans, and you know what? IT WAS GREAT!!!
Can't wait until I can tell the world to KMA and go up there to stay.
Rest assured that all millennials are not like that. Some parents are setting up their kids to fail. All of mine are millennials but they had to learn basic car maintenance/repair before they could drive, and they had to pay their share of auto insurance. Naturally, they were not fond of this because "none of my friends have to do that". Today, all are under 30 but very successful and they thank me profusely for raising them to be responsible.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:01 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
what's the problem?..He's gonna make America great again..what more do ya want?

I would be happy with not having the USA be a ass kissing country like obama has made it.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:36 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,586,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Rest assured that all millennials are not like that. Some parents are setting up their kids to fail. All of mine are millennials but they had to learn basic car maintenance/repair before they could drive, and they had to pay their share of auto insurance. Naturally, they were not fond of this because "none of my friends have to do that". Today, all are under 30 but very successful and they thank me profusely for raising them to be responsible.
I know not all are like that, I have a niece and 3 nephews from 7 - 22 and all of them do fine, mostly because they were raised far from a lot of the influence of modern society. They were ranch kids, they had to work, they had responsibility, they had to know how to fix equipment, care for livestock, how to get wood for the fire and how to keep a garden.
There are other kids they bring around that come from good families in the same area, and most of them will be fine citizens, but I live in a very rural state that is under constant attack from the SJW trying to bring us down to their low level of depravity.

I don't lump all millennials into one stereotypical grouping, but there are more than enough that fit that description to create that impression.
Just look at the "safe spaces" and other crap coming out of the colleges, I remember the boomers that were hippies in the 60's having to learn to work in the 70's and 80's, and some couldn't make the transition. There are useless people in every generation, no question, it just seems the helicopter moms culture has created a generation that cannot function without a smart phone in their hand. They have no social skills, they can't make change, money means nothing because they've never had to earn it.
They have no problem solving skills, no common sense. They've never been held accountable for their actions, it's always someone else's fault they got in trouble.

I don't like to pick on a generation, but the same thinking that produced that bunch is why we have 2 misfits as our major candidates for president. No responsibility for what they've done, never held accountable, lies mean nothing, criminal activity is winked at and passed without consequences. We've learned that standards are no longer required to be put in a position of public trust.

Any wonder I have such a sour outlook on the future?

I'll end up voting for Trump this year, not because he's the best candidate or will bring the most to the office, but because I believe he'll do the least damage.
What a great recommendation for a president huh?

There isn't anybody positive running I can support, not the stoner Johnson, the old hippy Stein, or any of the others.

It's a sad state of affairs.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:49 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,776,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
If Trump wins I want every one that wants to Bug out to get out.

The better question is where you bug out too? The Middle East, Europe, the far East, Australia? Canada has already said that they don't want winey Americans if Trump wins, so where do you go?
Yes! PLEASE!!!! Maybe we should start a fund, for everyone who finds Trump's win (too good to be true: it'll never happen: nothing will save us from the Clintons and the Bushes and the foreign interests who own them) so objectionable, they want to leave the US.

I'd say fifty thou apiece, to cover relocation expenses. Maybe the countries who funnel money to the Bushes and the Clintons will want them?

Just pack your bug-out baggage (maybe a shipping container or two?), and we'll GLADLY send you to a Clinton/Bush-supporting country. (Iris scans, fingerprinting, DNA on record, of course, - and surrender your passports and citizenship - because we'll expect you to BUG OUT PERMANENTLY: no returns!)

Old 09-27-2016, 04:01 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
I will be doing a happy dance when trump wins and hilliary and biliary can go and hide somewhere for the rest of their lives and never bother us again .

Old 09-27-2016, 04:53 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,569,297 times
"I am from NYC and I know a con when I see one." -Michael Bloomberg.

Trump is a CON MAN, he even called Republicans the dumbest group of voters ever (People Magazine, 1998).

Old 09-27-2016, 05:06 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
"I am from NYC and I know a con when I see one." -Michael Bloomberg.

Trump is a CON MAN, he even called Republicans the dumbest group of voters ever (People Magazine, 1998).

As opposed to hilliary who kills people right ? a murderer is so much better than a con man ...cnn = Clinton news network .

Old 09-27-2016, 05:15 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,696,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Still waiting to see how this thread has one damn thing to do with self sufficiency or preparedness.
I would be glad to explain it to you.

1. Every famine started with politics.
2. Every war started with politics.
3. Economic collapse is a feature of market capitalism, but how long we spend in the hole depends on politics.
4. There are a bunch of elected representatives in Congress with the avowed purpose of destroying the government of the USA.
5. The stability of America depends on the people in office who understand the consequences of doing stupid S#!+.

Yes, you will probably be secure in your redoubt until something kills you, but you are one in a million. If you don't give a crap about your fellow Americans, this thread is not for you.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:29 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,346,864 times
Why would you want to leave ?
You'll be missing out on a ground floor opportunity where you can make huge amounts of money with a whole new selection of investment opportunities.
Here's the Trump brand website so you can invest now before the price goes up as after his election to office and his brand goes viral.
You'll probably be allowed to purchase these products through your 401-K plan.

Trump Merchandise | Donald J Trump Signature Collection | Trump Collections
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness