Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 10:12 PM

4 posts, read 6,634 times

Advertisements

Liberals like Michael Moore and Cher always make idle threats of leaving but giving up there mansions and body guards, and the 1% of fame they have left will never leave. I'll even get them a first class ticket if they promise never to come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 11:15 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,309,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoasting View Post
Of course you are correct that this should be moved...but I will say that for some oddball reason this thread has made me realize that I need to learn how to brew my own beer.

I don't know exactly why but somewhere around page five I realized that if it all goes to hell I'm going to need to be able to rely on a decent lager to round off a day of surviving.

So there is that!
I do think brewing your own beer is a much overlooked part of self sufficency. If SHTF a few home brews would net you quite a bit in a barter situation! Brewing your own beer is actually really easy. If you can bake a cake, you can brew beer. How it tastes is a different story, but with the kits and youtube videos out there now a days it's pretty hard to screw up. And even if it's not as "good" as the latest craft brew, it tastes better because you made it yourself for much cheaper.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:12 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,848,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I'm already in my "bug out" residence, cranking up my agricultural skills (and shooting skills). Getting ready for the Economic Bubble Collapse due in the next 3 years.

Oh, location not in lower 48, or in 49 for that matter.

What do you need agricultural skills for, don't you still have all that food you horded for the Millennium Collapse of Civilization?

Old 09-28-2016, 01:18 AM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
What seems to rarely show up on voter's radar screens is the PBT (Power Behind the Throne).

What does Obama call Michelle? The Boss! Truman: Let me pass this by The Boss first!

How easy is it ever to say NO to a wife?

Recall Control Freak Nancy Reagan. When Don Regan was Chief of Staff, she'd give him a calendar for the year with blackout dates for this or that, or days to travel or not, directed by Joanne Quigley, her astrologer.

Rick Perry admitted it to the press one time: My wife forced me to run!

And what's the steep price you pay for saying NO?

Old 09-28-2016, 02:45 AM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
With the election polls evening up, it looks like there is a real possibility that Trump might win. If he does, life in the good old US of A will change radically.

1. He will let congress cancel Obamacare. Health insurance companies will shed high risk clients like a golden retriever sheds water after a swim. Right now, 90% of Americans have health insurance. A year after Trump we'll be back to the pre-Obamacare 70%, and the ones who get dumped are the ones who are really sick.

2. Congress is itching to shed Medicare. If we end up with Ryan's voucher plan, it's going to get expensive fast.

3. His tax cuts for the rich program will bump our national debt from 80% of GDP to 102% of GDP in 10 years. On the plus side, a massive government borrow-and-spend program might finally bring down the dollar, at the cost of rapid inflation. If he really manages to default on foreign debt like he says, the dollar will turn into toilet paper overnight.

I have never been much into metals, but I think if Trump gets elected it will be time to buy gold and silver. I'm really hoping that congress buys the $650 million debt he owes to the Russians and Muslims. It's uncomfortable to think of the US president's finances being in the hands of Russians and Muslim religious fanatics. He has already said that he wants to give the Arabs nukes, and that would let the nut cases in the Middle East start a nuclear war. If that happens it really will be TEOTWAWKI.

What kind of plans are you making?
None. Stick a fork in him. He's done.

Old 09-28-2016, 04:22 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell
With the election polls evening up, it looks like there is a real possibility that Trump might win. If he does, life in the good old US of A will change radically.
Yes and it wont be surprising if he does as I dont expect anything really GOOD to happen.. Things just keep getting worse!!

Old 09-28-2016, 04:56 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,908,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjimmy View Post
As we remember from our reading, yes, some of them did, indeed. Some organized resistance, some just tried to stay off the German's radar, and many did not succeed at either.

Anyway, our problem so far is not an advancing army. It is a government bent on globalism, and very keen to disarm law abiding citizens, IMHO.

And it IS surprising that this thread is in the self-sufficiency forum....
The irony (but no surprise). Maybe Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness is really just a glorified exercise in Boy Scouting. A hobby. People with too much time on their hands.

Because all the rights that the self sufficient person claims they believe in will be gone under a Clinton administration. The final nail in the coffin of the great American Experiment in freedom FROM government.

Global governance determining what Americans can and can't do. We already see that in the EU and Brexit. We already see that in Obama's speech to the UN where he ANNOUNCED it. The degrowthing of America is REQUIRED and underway.

The EPA owning every drop of water you have access to. Just for starters.

ENERGY? HA, better get used to living in the dark and not having transportation.

That food in your grocery store? Corruptocrats quietly removed country of origin labeling this year so there's no reason to even produce food here anymore. And of course, you'll need bureaucrat permission to do so.

Federal, state and local governments have already limited what and where is deemed satisfactory land use. Off grid? HA. Or even buying a plot of land and building a house? Not on your life.

Our new country's gonna be great! Enjoy the North American Union with no borders, no language, no culture. Obama already laid that out too, with those other two clowns.

Oh, and of course those guns you need? Better learn to bear wrestle if one wanders in your front door because you won't be owning guns to protect yourselves - or if you manage to hold on to them you won't have access to ammo. Or you'll be "permitted" one round per authorized weapon.

Yesterday I signed a lease which stated "if the government needs your unit because it's handicap accessible, we have the right to evict you with one month's notice".

Just like what's going on in the EU.

WTF. Luckily I only am renting that space because of my business but no doubt in my mind they'd love to get ahold of the condo I own under the same premise.

Funny that people think there will even BE a SHTF moment. That is NOT the plan, The PLAN is much more insidious. It's all going along right on schedule, too. Well, until a blip named TRUMP. But the Globalists aren't all that worried, since they own all media AND educational establishments. And the shills that depend on them for their livelihood and social status.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 09-28-2016 at 05:06 AM..

Old 09-28-2016, 05:36 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,848,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
The irony (but no surprise). Maybe Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness is really just a glorified exercise in Boy Scouting. A hobby. People with too much time on their hands.

Because all the rights that the self sufficient person claims they believe in will be gone under a Clinton administration. The final nail in the coffin of the great American Experiment in freedom FROM government.

Global governance determining what Americans can and can't do. We already see that in the EU and Brexit. We already see that in Obama's speech to the UN where he ANNOUNCED it. The degrowthing of America is REQUIRED and underway.

The EPA owning every drop of water you have access to. Just for starters.

ENERGY? HA, better get used to living in the dark and not having transportation.

That food in your grocery store? Corruptocrats quietly removed country of origin labeling this year so there's no reason to even produce food here anymore. And of course, you'll need bureaucrat permission to do so.

Federal, state and local governments have already limited what and where is deemed satisfactory land use. Off grid? HA. Or even buying a plot of land and building a house? Not on your life.

Our new country's gonna be great! Enjoy the North American Union with no borders, no language, no culture. Obama already laid that out too, with those other two clowns.

Oh, and of course those guns you need? Better learn to bear wrestle if one wanders in your front door because you won't be owning guns to protect yourselves - or if you manage to hold on to them you won't have access to ammo. Or you'll be "permitted" one round per authorized weapon.

Yesterday I signed a lease which stated "if the government needs your unit because it's handicap accessible, we have the right to evict you with one month's notice".

Just like what's going on in the EU.

WTF. Luckily I only am renting that space because of my business but no doubt in my mind they'd love to get ahold of the condo I own under the same premise.

Funny that people think there will even BE a SHTF moment. That is NOT the plan, The PLAN is much more insidious. It's all going along right on schedule, too. Well, until a blip named TRUMP. But the Globalists aren't all that worried, since they own all media AND educational establishments. And the shills that depend on them for their livelihood and social status.

Cue Twilight Zone theme...

Old 09-28-2016, 07:13 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,587,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I would be glad to explain it to you.

1. Every famine started with politics. Or from drought or insect infestation or poor farming practices
2. Every war started with politics. Of course, war is just an extreme form of diplomacy
3. Economic collapse is a feature of market capitalism, but how long we spend in the hole depends on politics. Or the great social experiments such as the Communist USSR which you conveniently forgot to mention
4. There are a bunch of elected representatives in Congress with the avowed purpose of destroying the government of the USA. But the last few mid-terms got rid of most of them
5. The stability of America depends on the people in office who understand the consequences of doing stupid S#!+. Too bad all we have are those in office that are there to promote their own vested self interest at the expense of the country

Yes, you will probably be secure in your redoubt until something kills you, but you are one in a million. If you don't give a crap about your fellow Americans, this thread is not for you.
I don't have a redoubt, I have a working ranch, but I can see where that would confuse you as it requires a lot of self reliance to operate a ranch in spite of government interference.
I am deeply worried about my fellow Americans, especially the part where so many of them will blindly follow a crone that has proven to be completely self absorbed and only worried about her own selfish desires at the expense of the country, even to the cost of the lives of good men willing to stand and fight to protect others. (Benghazi, Libya, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. if you had trouble with that reference).
I was sent to the former Yugoslavia not because it was in the national security interests of this country, but to deflect attention from the affairs of her husband Slick Willie's affairs.

I see that this country no longer has a moral compass, that career criminals are allowed positions of authority, that the only qualification you now need to lead the country is to be the proper color or gender.

The myopic view that limits folks to only vote for the letter following a name, (D or R) instead of actually looking at the history of the candidate instead of their ability and what they have done has given us the worst slate of candidates in American history.

I worry about my fellow Americans that will die at home and overseas because of the proven incompetence of Hillary to handle a crisis, but an overwhelming willingness to bring terrorists into this country and support insurgent groups like BLM, while refusing to close the borders or enforce our laws, and complete enthusiasm to put our law enforcement and service men and women in harms way if it furthers her agenda or gets more contributions to the Clinton foundation from hostile foreign governments.

If she gets "elected" on her only outstanding qualification, (the fact she's female), then I won't bug out, but I will go further under the radar than I am already, pull back my money into tangible liquid assets like precious metals instead of long term investments, and just try to survive until we can get a real leader back into office instead of this shrill harridan.

The whole country could be put in a survival situation if she gets in, but the worst part is it would be a crisis of our own making. When our fellow Americans are duped into voting for someone like Hillary, and what's really sad is, there are that many people dumb enough to actually vote against the country and themselves just so they can say, "I voted for the first woman president".

That's what's really scary.

I like Mae West's quote, "When faced with the choice of two evils, I prefer the one I haven't tried yet". So I will be voting for Trump.

Last edited by MTSilvertip; 09-28-2016 at 07:29 AM..

Old 09-28-2016, 07:14 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,086,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
I was hoping for the same. I won't be posting here until this political crap gets moved out to where it belongs.

PS. F*** Hillary, that criminal b***h.
I'd vote for Putin before I'd vote for Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness