Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 05:35 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,494,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
If you don't give a crap about your fellow Americans, this thread is not for you.
And "bugging out" is "giving a crap about your fellow Americans"???

....or is VOTING FOR HILLARY how we're supposed to "give a crap about our fellow Americans"?? Seems to me, this is just another political thread that the mods should move to Politics and Other Controversies. You won't get any converts or drum up any votes for Hillary here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 05:53 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,712,855 times
Quote:
With the election polls evening up, it looks like there is a real possibility that Trump might win. If he does, life in the good old US of A will change radically.

1. He will let congress cancel Obamacare. Health insurance companies will shed high risk clients like a golden retriever sheds water after a swim. Right now, 90% of Americans have health insurance. A year after Trump we'll be back to the pre-Obamacare 70%, and the ones who get dumped are the ones who are really sick.

2. Congress is itching to shed Medicare. If we end up with Ryan's voucher plan, it's going to get expensive fast.

3. His tax cuts for the rich program will bump our national debt from 80% of GDP to 102% of GDP in 10 years. On the plus side, a massive government borrow-and-spend program might finally bring down the dollar, at the cost of rapid inflation. If he really manages to default on foreign debt like he says, the dollar will turn into toilet paper overnight.

I have never been much into metals, but I think if Trump gets elected it will be time to buy gold and silver. I'm really hoping that congress buys the $650 million debt he owes to the Russians and Muslims. It's uncomfortable to think of the US president's finances being in the hands of Russians and Muslim religious fanatics. He has already said that he wants to give the Arabs nukes, and that would let the nut cases in the Middle East start a nuclear war. If that happens it really will be TEOTWAWKI.

What kind of plans are you making?
I'm planning to win more. In fact, i might win so much that i could get sick of winning. Hopefully that won't happen.

As far as shedding high risk clients, why do you think that's the case?

Old 09-27-2016, 06:18 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,317,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
And "bugging out" is "giving a crap about your fellow Americans"???

....or is VOTING FOR HILLARY how we're supposed to "give a crap about our fellow Americans"?? Seems to me, this is just another political thread that the mods should move to Politics and Other Controversies. You won't get any converts or drum up any votes for Hillary here!
Of course you are correct that this should be moved...but I will say that for some oddball reason this thread has made me realize that I need to learn how to brew my own beer.

I don't know exactly why but somewhere around page five I realized that if it all goes to hell I'm going to need to be able to rely on a decent lager to round off a day of surviving.

So there is that!

Old 09-27-2016, 06:25 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,463,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
I agree...but in the alternative Clinton would not be logical or honest either...but she would fit in nicely with other world leaders...seeing corruption and criminality is now the norm internationally. Clinton would be acceptable to others like herself. At least Trump would give the other criminals a hard time...Like say to China....that America is insolvent and will NOT pay China trillions of dollars....and say WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT....?
I think she is well known and respected for being a very logical and strategic thinker and that Trump is not (and showed in last night's debate) is not.

As for corruption and criminality, you've just described Trump.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:29 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,463,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
...difference being he as a man will effectively intimidate other world leaders, which is a good thing at this point in time.
Sexist much?

Old 09-27-2016, 06:30 PM

274 posts, read 252,946 times
Quote:
I'm sure the Belgians living in the Ardennes a century ago felt the same.
As we remember from our reading, yes, some of them did, indeed. Some organized resistance, some just tried to stay off the German's radar, and many did not succeed at either.

Anyway, our problem so far is not an advancing army. It is a government bent on globalism, and very keen to disarm law abiding citizens, IMHO.

And it IS surprising that this thread is in the self-sufficiency forum....

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 09-29-2016 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: Repaired quote... Please quote properly...

Old 09-27-2016, 06:32 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,625,343 times
Will I bug out if Trump wins?

No, and neither will 99.9% of the attention seekers who announce that THEY will.

Does anyone NOT get this?

Old 09-27-2016, 07:26 PM

2,550 posts, read 2,740,154 times
I will bug out if Hillary wins.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:34 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,303,880 times
Quote:
With the election polls evening up, it looks like there is a real possibility that Trump might win. If he does, life in the good old US of A will change radically.
As usual you are very confused.

The U.S. has already been radically changed.

The change started with FDR and there has been a relentless drive by the left since then to reduce people's independence, to reduce freedom, to make the central government more powerful at the expense of the individual, to make people wholly dependent on government and to make the central government the new Supreme Being.

In the last seven years what FDR started has been radically accelerated by Obama.

What is going on with the Trump phenomenon is an attempt at restoration.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:52 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,606,257 times
Hey, I'm gonna let you all in on a little secret. . . Elections are fake, Trump and Clinton are just actors. Seriously, the people that buy into the ploy that is American "Democracy", just are trying to feel like they belong to something "Great", when in reality its just another scheme made by smart humans, to be used against naive humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness