Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2014, 12:12 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
Oh yeah b/c the NAACP is so powerful. That was the same group taking money from that white racist Clippers owner that everybody in California has known is racist for years. But SC having a confederate flag on its state grounds is a problem for them.
I don't care what you think of the NAACP, to the NFL, they matter more than the highest ranked TV market in SC that isn't part of a NC and/or GA metro area (Columbia, which ranks a whopping 79th in the nation according to Nielsen). The NFL, which simply cares more about the opinions of black people than South Carolina ever will, wouldn't touch SC with a ten foot pole and SC doesn't have enough pull, doesn't have enough money and absolutely doesn't have a TV market that could change their mind.

SC made a decision to embrace the 1860's instead of the future, now they can live with it.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:15 PM

123 posts, read 155,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I don't care what you think of the NAACP, to the NFL, they matter more than the highest ranked TV market in SC that isn't part of a NC and/or GA metro area (Columbia, which ranks a whopping 79th in the nation according to Nielsen). The NFL, which simply cares more about the opinions of black people than South Carolina ever will, wouldn't touch SC with a ten foot pole and SC doesn't have enough pull, doesn't have enough money and absolutely doesn't have a TV market that could change their mind.

SC made a decision to embrace the 1860's instead of the future, now they can live with it.
The problem with your logic is that the Carolina Panthers fan base includes South Carolina and Panthers practice at Wofford college in South Carolina in off season, and they actually had first 3 or 4 seasons at Clemson University. So you don't know what you are talking about. Nobody ever elected NAACP and keep in mind it was Democrats who put the Confederate flag on state house to begin with. The late Ernest Hollings. SC isn't going to get a NFL team b/c we already have a NFL team. A state that embraces 1860's sure seems to have a lot of top engineering firms like Fluor, Jacobs, AECOM and others and other top employers like GE. You can talk SC down all you want but we doing ok.

Only people who keep confederate flag issue alive are some liberals like you in the media and NAACP, who as I noted, took money for years from a known racist in California. Few in SC will lose sleep if they take the flag off the state grounds and few lose sleep that is is there now. It is much ado about nothing by a few people. I also reject the idea that the confederate flag is innately a symbol of racism. It can be, for some people, but not for everybody. It is just a piece of cloth at the end of the day...people are ones assigning meaning to it.

Last edited by Back In Orange; 10-18-2014 at 12:26 PM..

Old 10-18-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
The problem with your logic is that the Carolina Panthers fan base includes South Carolina and Panthers practice at Wofford college in South Carolina in off season, and they actually had first 3 or 4 seasons at Clemson University. So you don't know what you are talking about. Nobody ever elected NAACP and keep in mind it was Democrats who put the Confederate flag on state house to begin with. The late Ernest Hollings. SC isn't going to get a NFL team b/c we already have a NFL team. A state that embraces 1860's sure seems to have a lot of top engineering firms like Fluor, Jacobs, AECOM and others and other top employers like GE. You can talk SC down all you want but we doing ok.

Only people who keep confederate flag issue alive are some liberals like you in the media and NAACP, who as I noted, took money for years from a known racist in California. Few in SC will lose sleep if they take the flag off the state grounds and few lose sleep that is is there now. It is much ado about nothing by a few people.
The Carolina Panthers play football in North Carolina. Whether they're representative area happens to include South Carolina doesn't enter into it. As other people on this thread have already pointed out, North Carolina gets the economic benefits of having the Panthers. It's like Maine saying they have an NFL franchise (the Patriots) even though the Patriots play in Massachusetts.

As for everything else you said, I don't care, it's off topic. I'm not interested in arguing about the flag or what other non-NFL companies do business in SC, they are not the NFL. Let me be absolutely clear:

1. The Panthers play in North Carolina
2. As long as the NAACP and NCAA boycott SC, you will not get an NFL team, an MLB team or an NBA team.
3. I don't care about anything else. If you love SC, good for you, I could sit here all day and tell you how much I don't care that you love SC; the place and it's people are absolutely inconsequential to me. The last impressive thing they did was secede from the union. I simply came to state a fact (see #2). And that's it. Claim the Panthers as yours all you want, but everyone knows the NFL awarded to franchise to a NC city and they did so before the NAACP and NCAA boycotts went into effect, your small TV markets were going to be included whether you liked it or not.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
The Carolina Panthers play football in North Carolina. Whether they're representative area happens to include South Carolina doesn't enter into it. As other people on this thread have already pointed out, North Carolina gets the economic benefits of having the Panthers. It's like Maine saying they have an NFL franchise (the Patriots) even though the Patriots play in Massachusetts.

As for everything else you said, I don't care, it's off topic. I'm not interested in arguing about the flag or what other non-NFL companies do business in SC, they are not the NFL. Let me be absolutely clear:

1. The Panthers play in North Carolina
2. As long as the NAACP and NCAA boycott SC, you will not get an NFL team, an MLB team or an NBA team.
3. I don't care about anything else. If you love SC, good for you, I could sit here all day and tell you how much I don't care that you love SC; the place and it's people are absolutely inconsequential to me. The last impressive thing they did was secede from the union. I simply came to state a fact (see #2). And that's it. Claim the Panthers as yours all you want, but everyone knows the NFL awarded to franchise to a NC city and they did so before the NAACP and NCAA boycotts went into effect, your small TV markets were going to be included whether you liked it or not.
We have a NFL team, plenty of people in SC go to Panthers games and watch the games on tv. Again, they practice in SC and do events with the fans in SC. They are the Carolina Panthers, not the Charlotte or North Carolina Panthers. Reason for that. NAACP doesn't get to decide what states get what teams. We won't get pro sports in SC simply because we are a smaller state and they locate in big cities, and SC is in between Charlotte and Atlanta.

I'm pretty sure nobody cares if you like or don't like SC. The question is why are you even on this forum, and the reason is you've followed me over from the MS forum.

The NAACP has no power and is it not a respected organization. Just a bunch of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jacksons types seeking to profit off of accuastions of racism. It is a shakedown thing.

Columbia, Charleston, Greenville all have minor league teams. All have college sports. People pack out SC and Clemson stadiums every home game weekend in fall. What has the NAACP stopped exactly? We are going to enjoy our lives, NAACP can't stop that. They aren't getting any money from us so that is the main problem for them. No organization that takes money from a known incredibly horrible racist like that Sterling guy who owned the Clippers has any crediblity on race issues. They sold their credibility for hard cash.

The purpose of NFL teams isn't to make money for the community. That is just what greedy owners say to get people to pay taxes for new stadiums. lol But pretty sure York county does get some fans staying in hotels and eating in restaurants before and after games.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
We have a baseball team, and NAACP doesn't get to decide what states get what teams. We won't get pro sports in SC simply because we are a smaller state and they locate in big cities.
lol

Quote:
I'm pretty sure nobody cares if you like or don't like SC. The question is why are you even on this forum, and the reason is you've followed me over from the MS forum.
I commented on this forum, not in response to you, but to the thread in general. You responded to me, remember? Or did you forget? You began this argument, not me. I invite anyone to scroll back and see for themselves.

Quote:
The NAACP has no power and is it not a respected organization. Just a bunch of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jacksons types seeking to profit off of accuastions of racism. It is a shakedown thing.
lol

I don't care what you think about the NAACP, what I said was true, deal with it. You ain't getting squat as long as there's a boycott. Now give it up already, you lost.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
lol

I commented on this forum, not in response to you, but to the thread in general. You responded to me, remember? Or did you forget? You began this argument, not me. I invite anyone to scroll back and see for themselves.

lol

I don't care what you think about the NAACP, what I said was true, deal with it. You ain't getting squat as long as there's a boycott. Now give it up already, you lost.
lol, well wonder how we got all these employers if they dance for NAACP. That is just an organization stuck in 1960s and can't let past racism go. Only thing NAACP has been able to do is stop NCAA tournament games from being played in SC. That is just punishing mostly black kids. #Winning, right? lol NAACP has no credibility. Just a Democrat outfit.

Given SC isn't far from Atlanta and Charlotte, I think we can survive without pro teams. lol I prefer college sports myself.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
lol, well wonder how we got all these employers if they dance for NAACP. That is just an organization stuck in 1960s and can't let past racism go. Only thing NAACP has been able to do is stop NCAA tournament games from being played in SC. That is just punishing mostly black kids. #Winning, right? lol NAACP has no credibility. Just a Democrat outfit.
lol

Not the issue.

I don't care whether the NAACP is right or wrong, I never said whether I thought they were right or not. But the boycott exists and the NFL (or the MLB or the NBA for that matter) won't go against it.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
lol

Not the issue.

I don't care whether the NAACP is right or wrong, I never said whether I thought they were right or not. But the boycott exists and the NFL (or the MLB or the NBA for that matter) won't go against it.
lol you are the NAACP. Just that type of person. I think the boycott is only followed by NCAA. The NBA recently played a game in Greenville, Charlotte vs Washington. I went to the game. You don't know what you are talking as usual. Do you ever get tired of always being wrong? I'd be embarrassed to always be wrong about stuff.

The NFL used to play games in Clemson stadium in SC. That was Panthers home field their first years in the league. You are wrong. You can keep repeating wrong stuff but it will still be wrong. lol The Panthers practice at Wofford college in SC.

I love this logic that it is a punishment to white racists in a state not to have games featuring mostly black kids. You've shown those white racists a thing or two. lol I wouldn't think a white racist would want to go games featuring mostly black kids.

NAACP ====> Winning

Old 10-18-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
lol you are the NAACP. Just that type of person. I think the boycott is only followed by NCAA. The NBA recently played a game in Greenville, Charlotte vs Washington. I went to the game. You don't know what you are talking as usual. Do you ever get tired of always being wrong? I'd be embarrassed to always be wrong about stuff.

The NFL used to play games in Clemson stadium in SC. That was Panthers home field their first years in the league. You are wrong. You can keep repeating wrong stuff but it will still be wrong. lol The Panthers practice at Wofford college in SC.

Is there an NFL team based in South Carolina? No (Carolina played their games at Clemson in 1995, before the Confederate flag 'compromise' that led to the boycott).

Is there an MLB team based in South Carolina? No

Is there an NBA based in South Carolina? No

Old 10-18-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Is there an NFL team based in South Carolina? No (Carolina played their games at Clemson in 1995, before the Confederate flag 'compromise' that led to the boycott).

Is there an MLB team based in South Carolina? No

Is there an NBA based in South Carolina? No
Yeah b/c there are pro teams in the two big cites on opposite sides of SC. Nothing to do with the NAACP. Again, Charlotte stadium is 10 miles from state border of SC. The Hornets play 10 miles from SC state border. Its fan base includes SC. To say we don't have a NFL team is absurd. lol I don't need to convince you. Nobody in SC is going to disagree with this. The hockey team in Raleigh has a SC fan base as well. You and the NAACp can't stop this. I know that upsets you too. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina