Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 09:23 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,236 times

Advertisements

More people should be as dilligent as you. It sounds like you have a really good handle on things and that will certainly help. and good for your son for having such a great score. That's really great!

Credit reports IMO are so frustrating when trying to get something off. I remember years ago during one of the times I was checking it, it showed one of my places of residence in northern MA (at the time, I had only lived in the same town I grew up in so it was impossible). I tried getting them to remove it and no matter how hard I tried, they would not. The burden of proof is beyond ridiculous sometimes so I eventually gave up as I saw no identity theft or other issue from it. Still annoyed the heck out of me though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 07:37 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
SAMs club even admitted they were at fault but that still didn't help but we were glad they paid every penny.

We had gotten gas on the credit card and never received the statement and we moved. We had a forwarding address for all mail and never gotten anything and received what we thought all mail from SAMs club. We never used the credit card after that gas purchase because on boa we get rewards points which we like better and gas was the same price where we could get it.

I had informed SAMs club of our move and that is how we gotten mail on our new address. I wasn't aware that the credit card company for SAMs club was not informed of our move until years later we got a weird letter from a collecting agency and I never dealt with collecting agencies so I thought it was a scam and called SAMs club if they knew this company and that is how I found out about this. Even weirder that not one reminder letter arrived at out new address but the collecting agency was able to get to us...we were not hiding or anything.

So SAMs club paid in full in cash the amount back, gave us a letter for the credit companies but all refused to take it off but just closed it since we had to pay it off ourselves from the money from SAMs club and that is probably why it wasn't removed faster. Since the card was linked to one of us ...not me...my credit score was higher but it wasn't a big difference but annoying to see year after year how one gas bill can cause this.

With boa cards I only have to inform them and Nordstrom cc so I won't take any other cards!!!

It is not worth the little discount they provide.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:03 AM

Target’s security problems could impact home sales

That is very sad if this is an additional result for people who already are dealing with the results of criminals taking money from others.

I hope they catch every person related to these crimes...even if they use one time a card unauthorized than hope they will get charged to the fullest extend of the law!

Old 03-01-2014, 06:08 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,424,754 times
a little advice from ric edelman....a financial guru I've been following for awhile

Article | Ric Edelman

Old 03-01-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
a little advice from ric edelman....a financial guru I've been following for awhile

Article | Ric Edelman
I would only add one;

Always take your receipt!!! If there is a discrepancy than you have your own receipt to proof your case. Remember the waitress who caused a couple of being against a certain sexual preference and the couple proved the waitress faked everything to get attention and that couple took their own receipt. Without that receipt the result may have been the same but now it was easier to proof it was their receipt in question.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:18 PM

I think the men are safe from this one

Sally Beauty Hit By Credit Card Breach — Krebs on Security

Old 04-30-2014, 10:27 AM

7-Elevens in Central Florida Post Anti-Skimming Stickers

fyi: 7-Elevens in Central Florida Post Anti-Skimming Stickers | NACS Online

Old 04-30-2014, 01:20 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,424,754 times
Had my second credit card "go bad" in the last 3 or so years. Kind of frustrating. Was notified of "suspicious activity of fraudulent activity". I use my card for so many thing - and have allowed several services access to it - there's no way of knowing who is the scum bag who might be using it and/or how they acquired it. It really makes one suspicious of everyone. What a big hassle to change all the automatic payments (cable, sunpass, etc). Sheesh!

Old 04-30-2014, 04:17 PM

Same here...last week I got a call from BoA and got a new cc issued. They wouldn't say which store but I assume it might have been Michaels and I only went there once within the last year for an item less than $ 2.- and had to reset all my automatic payments AGAIN!

But at least I didn't say any fraudulent activity and my money was safe!

Old 04-30-2014, 06:52 PM

I actually just got back from a roundtable networking event which was enlightening. One of the main topics of discussion was data breaches. One attendee who does nothing but oversee cyber risk for his company said that for every 1 public data breach we hear about, there are 19 more going on that are kept quiet. There also was a seasoned detective who runs a finance crime unit in a metro area who said there are two types of companies - ones who've been breached and ones who don't know it yet.

As a consumer, all I can say is YIKES.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay