Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 12:56 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberchrist33 View Post
I live in an HOA, in Ruskin. The property managers, have told me that I cannot park my car on the street, but the street is owned by Hillsborough County. My HOA is telling me that they can enforce their restrictions regarding no parking, because, even though the street is owned by Hill County, it's within the HOA. Does anyone know if that sounds right, and where I can go to get more inforamtion?
HOA docs, Deed restrictions, Restrictive Covenants, etc. are posted on the Hillsborough County Clerk's website. Here's a link --> Verified Through Thursday, Feb 26, 2009. LAST Verified Instrument = 2009066364. I think if it's there, it's enforceable. And when you bought into the neighborhood, you probably agreed to abide by the rules of the association.

You might contact Hillsborough County's Office of Neighborhood Relations for more information. Here's their link --> Hillsborough County Government Online - Office of Neighborhood Relations (http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/onr/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 09:12 PM

7 posts, read 23,413 times
Default Info about area

Hello. Any information about the Tampa area would be great. Safest areas to live, best beaches, best malls, walking/biking/nature trails. Trying to get a grasp of what to expect of the overall location. We are only considering Tampa at this moment, mainly because of the weather and Macdill military base and the price of houses and apartments seems to be very very reasonable for what you get.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:04 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Depending on what your budget is and where you work there are several communities that are close or have a walking trail nearby. There are malls fairly close to most of these areas. Beaches again depend on where you live. Personally, I like Honeymoon Island/Caladesi Island because it isn't full of tourist.

There are areas that you would want to steer clear of but most of those are on the east side of Tampa.

You might want to post in the forum with info on your price range and work location plus acceptable commute time. If schools are a concern then be sure to mention that also.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:14 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,062,199 times
Thought I would drop in and say Hi from The Great Hoosier State!!(Indiana!)

Old 03-15-2009, 09:08 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,655,639 times
My husband crashed into a parked car in our HOA development. The police officer gave the owner of the parked car a ticket for illegally parking his car on the street. You cannot park your car on the street unless there are white lines dedicated to parking. The police do not inforce this law, unless there are complaints from neighbors or like my husband, crash a car into a parked car. The reasoning behind this no street parking is because a car would have to drive around the parked car and put itself in the way of an oncoming car.

HOA's can pretty much do anything they darn please. I have heard one place where they told the owners that they have to change their curtains because it was not within their guidelines. They fined them $50 per month that the blinds were left up after the notice. Another story, someone went and got permission to put up shutters for their windows. Got them approved. Once they were up, the HOA decided they did not like them afterall. Made them take down there shutters they spent $5,000 on. I think it is silly, but there you go. That is why many people don't like living in HOA communities.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:28 PM

good evening........................................... ....

Old 03-26-2009, 08:54 PM

hello????????????????????????????

Old 03-28-2009, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,923 times
Hi everyone, my family wants to go to Tampa so I need to find employment. I am a building maintenance technician with 10 years experience. I've submitted a bunch of online apps with no response so far. Does anyone have any more tips or resources I can use?

Old 03-29-2009, 07:02 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Your best bet is to come down for a visit and apply at different places. Jobs are hard to come by everywhere. Most places have more than enough applicants to chose from without having to wait for someone to move down to Tampa. If you have a local address or cell phone it might help but there is no guarantee. I know one person recently stated they got a job by stating they were moving down in X amt of time and they did get hired but I don't remember what type of work they did.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:52 PM

just dropping in.......................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay