Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 02:23 AM

979 posts, read 3,828,998 times

Advertisements

So i just checked where Gulfport was..... how far is it from St. Pete?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 05:10 PM

979 posts, read 3,828,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
Grass Roots on Florida Avenue, just north of downtown Tampa.

Also, there is a GREAT Etheopian restaurant, Queen of Sheba, on Henderson Blvd in South Tampa(just south of Swann Ave)...many vegetarian specialities and VERY good.

Plus, a vege friend of mine enjoys this site: Tampa Bay Vegetarians
Hey there tampaguy! I am really wanting to try Ethiopian Food. I read reviews on both Quenn of Sheba and Abol Bunna..... What's the deal? Which one is better? Are the restaurants close to eachother? I don't have anything to compare it to but I really want it to be darn good when I try it!

Old 04-12-2009, 05:43 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,380,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
Hey there tampaguy! I am really wanting to try Ethiopian Food. I read reviews on both Quenn of Sheba and Abol Bunna..... What's the deal? Which one is better? Are the restaurants close to eachother? I don't have anything to compare it to but I really want it to be darn good when I try it!
I have not been to Abol(which is abotu a mile from Queen), but I can highly reocmmend Queen of Sheba, its must say something if when you go there are many Ethiopian natives in the place....

Old 04-12-2009, 06:14 PM

23 posts, read 82,626 times
Tijuana Flats is a favorite of mine, only if you like Mexican though! its awesome! several locations in Tampa, check it out! the best food and service out there, casual but food is amazing!!!! you will love it!

Old 04-12-2009, 11:42 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,751,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
Where do you love to eat when you are in Tampa?

I just moved here almost two years ago now and have only found a few so far. I'm kind of bummed because I am a huge food lover. Just want to see if I can get any ideas off of you guys.

So far I like:

*The Lime in New Tampa (great atmosphere, great staff, yummy yummy food!)

*Timpano in Tampa (great atmosphere, food is good... not AWESOME but I would definitely eat there again)

I really hate having to succumb to corporate restaurants but my roommate and I keep finding ourselves at Ruby tuesday and Mac Grill alot. I need some orginality here. HELP!
Have a Grouper sandwich at Ricks on the River near downtown. The Grouper sandwich is as "Tampa" as the Cubano and Ricks has the best.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:55 AM

544 posts, read 1,472,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingGuy View Post
Anything in SoHo.

Jazzy's BBQ in North Tampa for the best smack yo momma BBQ in town.

I like So goood bbq myself.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:10 PM

46 posts, read 189,139 times
My advice to you is learn how to cook. Ever notice the food network never does a show in tampa. Pizza yuk, chinese food non existent. And how did the cuban get its name its mustard and mayo both from france. One thing you can find in tampa lots of drunk people

Old 05-12-2009, 06:22 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothwaitress View Post
My advice to you is learn how to cook. Ever notice the food network never does a show in tampa. Pizza yuk, chinese food non existent. And how did the cuban get its name its mustard and mayo both from france. One thing you can find in tampa lots of drunk people
I hope everyone here will ignore this poster's constant, bashing and totally untrue posts.

The Tampa area is full of great restaurants. One website I recommend is "Chowhound" - it gives "foodie" recs all over the US. I was just reading it the other day and some foodies were discussing how Tampa has become quite the nice foodie town. There is no shortage of great places to eat, from cheap to expensive.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:40 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
YIKES!!!! no real Cuban sandwich comes with mayo. I don't think anyone claimed Cuban sandwiches were originally made in Cuba.. I am confused by your logic that if a sandwich has mayo or mustard then it must have been made originally in France? So a hamburger, rueben or hotdog sandwiches are from France?

Go to Tarpon Springs for some greek food, Ybor City for great Cuban/spanish food. Lots of good seafood places that are not chain restaurants. Go to Colonnade for great grouper. Go to Cappy's for pizza. Ceviche's for tappas..

Old 05-13-2009, 01:36 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerall View Post
Tijuana Flats is a favorite of mine, only if you like Mexican though! its awesome! several locations in Tampa, check it out! the best food and service out there, casual but food is amazing!!!! you will love it!
I really like Tijuana Flats, but it's very Americanized Mexican food. If you're looking for 'true' Mexican food, you're probably going to be disappointed with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay