Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2017, 04:37 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times

Advertisements

First day back. I went in at 6ish so I could get my copies run off for the day. Co workers were already at the copier. 20 minutes of waiting, the copier can't connect to the network so you can't print release nor make copies.

Thankfully, I had made my copies at home so I was fine but I had to change everything for my morning class.

Kids were hype.

18 more days until our next break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 04:55 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,322,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
First day back. I went in at 6ish so I could get my copies run off for the day. Co workers were already at the copier. 20 minutes of waiting, the copier can't connect to the network so you can't print release nor make copies.

Thankfully, I had made my copies at home so I was fine but I had to change everything for my morning class.

Kids were hype.

What time does the school day start?

That’s a long wait. I may have to wait a minute or two from time to time. We have three copier/printers networked so I often send lock print from home.

For us only 14 more school days before winter break.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:27 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:

Kids were hype.

I swear Murphy's law was written for copiers. I don't chance it anymore. I make copies well in advance.

19 more days until Christmas break here. I am so ready for two weeks off.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:34 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Yep, I went through that a few years back and my new environment is better. Kids are pretty much the same but at least, I don't have the brow beating from my principal and her henchmen.
The kids aren't the same here. Classroom behaviors are worse but I don't have kids running to the principal to complain about my "going too fast" when 38% of my students are getting A's. In my old district the teacher "Going too fast" was code for I'm not one of the kids getting an A.

Here if a student or parent complains the first question asked is "Did you talk to the teacher?". You know I think I'll take more classroom disruptions in exchange for being treated like a professional and not having my admins take every complaint to heart.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
What time does the school day start?

That’s a long wait. I may have to wait a minute or two from time to time. We have three copier/printers networked so I often send lock print from home.

For us only 14 more school days before winter break.
7:20 to 2:15

We have 2 copiers that constantly jam or fail. They are meant for small offices not a school environment.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I swear Murphy's law was written for copiers. I don't chance it anymore. I make copies well in advance.

19 more days until Christmas break here. I am so ready for two weeks off.
Quote:
The kids aren't the same here. Classroom behaviors are worse but I don't have kids running to the principal to complain about my "going too fast" when 38% of my students are getting A's. In my old district the teacher "Going too fast" was code for I'm not one of the kids getting an A.

Here if a student or parent complains the first question asked is "Did you talk to the teacher?". You know I think I'll take more classroom disruptions in exchange for being treated like a professional and not having my admins take every complaint to heart.
Usually that is me as well but last Friday, I went out with my co worker and school was off my mind!

Yeah, my principal does that as well but he folds as soon as the parents threaten to go to the area supt office and tries to play both sides to get the heat off himself.

I made a major boo-boo today. When I was working on grades a couple weeks ago, I finished both classes but my AP called me today and told me to post my Reading grades for my second group. I went to re-post because I thought, it was a simple mistake of not clicking the post grade button. Ha! I totally forgot to enter any Reading grades for my 2nd group! Progress reports were going out in a couple hours as well so I had to put a couple grades so he could print them.

*sigh*

Old 11-27-2017, 07:44 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,601,774 times
Quote:

That is great!!!!

Sometimes I wonder why my district bothers with second quarter. We have 2 weeks off in October, one week off for Thanksgiving, etc... There are only 7 weeks in the quarter and it is broken up like you wouldn't believe. Of course, after Christmas break we will be running full speed until the Spring break. That being said, our next break starts on December 15.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:23 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,492,423 times
Quote:

One of the reasons I have always preferred the inner-city. Parents can be very difficult to deal with.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:37 PM

331 posts, read 370,005 times
Quote:

Kids were hype.

We have 1 copier available for teacher use and 1 copier for the main office...we can submit copy jobs electronically through the Help Desk for the office to complete. Our previous secretary just retired, she required 48 hours lead time to get copies done -- and would hold them even if they were done! The new secretary, fresh out of college, completes them within minutes! I still can't relinquish control, though, and just do my own copies. I try to get ahead on my preps, whenever I go up to the office I take something with me and work ahead. In 2 of my 3 preps, I'm currently caught up until Christmas. Going to work on my 3rd prep the rest of this week in terms of copies.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrknowitall526 View Post
We have 1 copier available for teacher use and 1 copier for the main office...we can submit copy jobs electronically through the Help Desk for the office to complete. Our previous secretary just retired, she required 48 hours lead time to get copies done -- and would hold them even if they were done! The new secretary, fresh out of college, completes them within minutes! I still can't relinquish control, though, and just do my own copies. I try to get ahead on my preps, whenever I go up to the office I take something with me and work ahead. In 2 of my 3 preps, I'm currently caught up until Christmas. Going to work on my 3rd prep the rest of this week in terms of copies.
Old job had a limit for the printers in our grade level rooms. I believe, we had 500 copy limit. If you wanted other copies, you had to send it to the front office and it was a 2-3 day turnaround for those sheets.

Observations results were posted. I did great.

2 weeks to go until break. I took off Monday to take care of my teeth. It doesn't it feel like I was off on Monday. I am drained!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching