Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:48 PM

21 posts, read 89,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
Grover Cleveland--Do you moan,groan and whine with your mouth full of food that probably came from a SOUTHERN farm. And while we are at it, why dont you complain while naked because those clothes you are wearing probably started out in a SOUTHERN cotton field!
there's that southern hospitality "yall" keep talking about....
I knew a few contrary opinions could git you talking like a "good" Christian.

I guess this isn't a personal attack huh Mod? You do an awesome job here. Exactly what I would expect from a southerner. Keep up the marvelous work.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:53 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroverCleveland View Post
there's that southern hospitality "yall" keep talking about....
I knew a few contrary opinions could git you talking like a "good" Christian.

I guess this isn't a personal attack huh Mod? You do an awesome job here. Exactly what I would expect from a southerner. Keep up the marvelous work.
I am a Yankee transplant.
Yea, that post walked the line of a personal attack, and I deleted a lot more than you can see in this thread, But come on, what did you expect? But if I deleted his, I would have to delete all of your as yours walk the line too. Your call.
And thank you, Yes I think I do a fair job here as well. I appreciate the complement,

Old 01-22-2008, 03:26 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,073,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemthornton View Post
Bones has got a million of them. He just doles them out to us a little at a time to tease us a bit!

Right, Bones?

We don't want to over feed everyone all at once....
Just remember, a little bit of information goes a long way....

Old 01-22-2008, 03:32 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times
Smile A lot of fun with your list, Bones. I hope we can keep it going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
We don't want to over feed everyone all at once....
Just remember, a little bit of information goes a long way....
So very true, Bones. We couldn't take a mega-dose!

I think that moderation in all things is good. I would like to suggest moderation in any responses to folks who don't enjoy our good time and friendly posts. I don't mind not responding sometimes.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:36 AM

501 posts, read 1,064,795 times
Quote:
Bones has got a million of them. He just doles them out to us a little at a time to tease us a bit!

Right, Bones?
This has actually been posted all over the Internet (including this site) and about a different state each time:

Advice for Visitors to WV
Happy Birthday.. Belated.
North vs South.
Need advice for relocating from Arkansas:
What is it about Texas you love?

Old 01-23-2008, 06:10 PM

69 posts, read 254,165 times
Question You Want to Move to TN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigeywaigey View Post
I'm sure that the south is a wonderful place, which is exactly why me and my husband are looking to move here. But, you talk about being snooty and being ignorant or disrespectful........I think that these "rules" are VERY disrespectful to the people that wear their hats sideways and drive nice vehicles. I understand having pride and loving where you live, but some of these "rules" are being ignorant of how others live. I myself drive an expensive vehicle and would be very careful driving on a road that might dent it, but I would NOT call myself "SNOOTY" or ignorant, I just take care of my things. Being proud of where you come from is WONDERFUL.....but posting rules to others about how they should act if they move there is rude. I hate to be the one to break it to you....but no one is going to follow "rules" that someone posted on a message board....last time I checked we were in America (a free country). Why can't everyone live in harmony.....even if they dress different or act different. As long as everyone has respect for others than there should be no problems, right. It shouldn't matter what you dress in or how you wear it, or what you listen to or how loud it is when you listen to it. All that matters is that everyone is treated the same way!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe you should seriously reconsider moving to Tennessee. If you're so upset by those cute & funny "rules", then I don't think the south is for you. I do know that the people of TN are friendly & welcoming; I know they're the salt of the earth, but I also know they don't want 'Yankees"/northerners coming down and disrespecting their way of life and trying to change it to fit the "yankee" way of life that the "yankees" are trying to escape. Don't you get it?

Old 01-23-2008, 06:54 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times
Wink I think there was a misunderstanding.

Hi, PeggyM. I think that paigeywaigey just misunderstood the intent of the thread. She is on board now and looking for a nice place to settle in TN.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 PM

69 posts, read 254,165 times
Smile I Guess She Got Nice

Quote:
Hi, PeggyM. I think that paigeywaigey just misunderstood the intent of the thread. She is on board now and looking for a nice place to settle in TN.
I'm glad paigeywaigey found the truth! I hope her mercedes doesn't get dusty on her back road drives. She could try the "California Duster" which I hear works very well for those in-between car washes. Truly, Paige, I've heard it's a great product! You can get it online.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:16 PM

16 posts, read 33,887 times
My name isn't Paige. I think I should get my Jersey friends together so we can make some rules of New Jersey. One of the rules will be........You shouldn't go to work in the cotton field until you finish school....that way you don't look stupid calling someone by a name that isn't theirs. Another one would be.....Mercedes are awsome. Everyone should have one, and if you can't afford one because you work on a farm, don't act like you like your beat up old peice of **** cause you are jealous! Don't get me wrong.....some of those "rules" were absolutely hilarious, but like the rules above, some of them are a little offensive. Anyhow......TN seems like a great place to live. We are looking to move later this year. Now I know not to give anyone the finger and try to stay out of the farm machines way. That makes me feel a lot better too, cause I DO NOT want a beat up old nasty peice of farm machinery to dent my beautiful car. LOL!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 10:22 PM

279 posts, read 782,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paigeywaigey View Post
My name isn't Paige. I think I should get my Jersey friends together so we can make some rules of New Jersey. One of the rules will be........You shouldn't go to work in the cotton field until you finish school....that way you don't look stupid calling someone by a name that isn't theirs. Another one would be.....Mercedes are awsome. Everyone should have one, and if you can't afford one because you work on a farm, don't act like you like your beat up old peice of **** cause you are jealous! Don't get me wrong.....some of those "rules" were absolutely hilarious, but like the rules above, some of them are a little offensive. Anyhow......TN seems like a great place to live. We are looking to move later this year. Now I know not to give anyone the finger and try to stay out of the farm machines way. That makes me feel a lot better too, cause I DO NOT want a beat up old nasty peice of farm machinery to dent my beautiful car. LOL!!!
are you sure you dont want to stay in jersey? if you see nothing wrong with insulting the south while complaining that its offensive to insult the north...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee