Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2008, 12:00 PM

315 posts, read 1,006,482 times

Advertisements

no decaf for me either, can I put in a bid for some diet soda please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 12:39 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
No need for the Ring Dings. I mentioned it before, but I can't attend.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:03 PM

HIKNAPSTER- sorry you can't attend. Maybe next year. We will get the ring dings and eat them in your honor. lol

Last edited by mbmouse; 04-05-2008 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: fixed for ya :)

Old 04-05-2008, 03:20 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times
Ahhh, Hik, I wish you were coming!! But, I know that work has to come first. We'll drink a diet coke and have a Ring-Ding in your absence. We'll think of you as we do!

Okay, I won't worry about Decaf coffee. Vacationbound, I will definitely have diet sodas! I have a feeling that you and I are not the only ones who imbibe in "diet" only!!

Hubby says that we have a large cooler that we can bring. The ice may be a problem unless there is someplace on the way that isn't too far from the park. In that case, we would just get a few bags and put them in. We'll work something out there.

Does anyone know what is along that route, say from where we would get off of I-75 coming up from Atlanta, where we might stop for ice, milk, anything else cold?

Boy, the rest of the forum doesn't know what they will be missing, huh?

(And, thanks, Katsmeeyow!)

Old 04-05-2008, 03:27 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,299 times
Sounds like everyone is getting ready!!! The weatherman said last night that the first time we would be seeing 80 degree temps would be the 18th.....JUST IN TIME!!!!!

I've been looking at the website and the pics are beautiful!!!

Gem.....I sent you a yahoo email!!

Maybe I'm the only one that would have forgotten about this, but when I called to make our room reservations at Fall Creek Falls, they mentioned that the check in is CENTRAL TIME!! So, if anyone is coming from Knoxville area or any area that is in Eastern Time Zone, the time for arrival will be 10am our time which will be 9am Central Time!!

Did I manage to confuse anyone?? Hope that I have provided clarity rather than confusion!!

Bebette

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
No need for the Ring Dings. I mentioned it before, but I can't attend.
hik.....do you think if we all called on your behalf that you could get the day off????????????

We need you with us!!!!

Last edited by mbmouse; 04-05-2008 at 08:04 PM..

Old 04-05-2008, 06:40 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
Hik, I knew you were working, but hope springs eternal!

Old 04-05-2008, 06:45 PM

Updated (still need numbered items):

15. 4 Bags of Ice
16. 2 Signs of your own design to Display: "City Data Forum"
17. Boom Box (or other music source) loaner, Batteries just in case
7. 1 Gallon Milk

BEBETTE 1 case bottled water
BEBETTE Coffee Creamers
BEBETTE Homemade Cookies
BEBETTE Splenda
BONES 10 Servings of breakfast-snackie-goodie (coffee cake, buns, donuts, muffins)
GEMKEEPER ~4 cans any kind of Juice
GEMKEEPER Case (24) of soda in cans, variety
GEMKEEPER Coffee
GEMKEEPER Large Cooler (loaner)
GEMKEEPER Tea, Sugar
LAURA C ~100 Napkins
LAURA C 10 Servings of breakfast-snackie-goodie (coffee cake, buns, donuts, muffins)
LAURA C 2 Disposable tablecloths, some tape to fasten them
MBMOUSE Non-breakfast snack
MBMOUSE ~20 "Hi, My Name Is" Tags, Marker
PAM & BILL 10 Servings of breakfast-snackie-goodie (coffee cake, buns, donuts, muffins)
PAM & BILL Carafe (hot water for tea)
VACATION BOUND ~50 Plastic Knives, Forks, Spoons
VACATION BOUND ~50 Plastic Plates
VACATION BOUND ~50 Styrofoam Cups
VACATION BOUND Coffee Maker (drip), a few filters, power strip

Old 04-08-2008, 04:06 AM

I can get a gallon of milk- I will just purchase a cheap cooler to put it in. Any preferences of what type? whole, 2%, 1% or skim.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:25 AM

VB, don't sweat it--I can get the rest of the stuff. I'll be there at the hotel from Friday so I'll get the cold stuff. I'd venture that the inn (on site) might even have an ice machine, but barring that I'm sure there's a store we can get it at along with the milk. I'll pick up whole milk unless anyone objects. (?)

It has occurred to me (über duh) that since we're driving down we'll need to bring a cooler too. But I reckon we've got a lot of stuff to keep cool, so Gem if it's not too much trouble maybe we should still bring yours. If it's a hassle, let me know and I'll bring our great big one instead of our pretty big one. No sweat.

Otherwise...We're good to go! Yay!

Old 04-08-2008, 01:10 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
If I can find large peel-off self stick letters in some store around here and a solid color disposable tablecloth, I'm going to put TN CITY DATA FORUM on the long part of the tablecloth that drapes down. I did this for a picnic I had with another group when I lived in NY. What's nice about it is if everyone stands and/or sits on the other side of the table for a group photo, the name of the group shows up really well in the group shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee