Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2014, 02:01 AM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,543 times

Advertisements

You just proved my point.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:17 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
i was waiting for someone to post that article.. good news for Dallas indeed, but i dont see how we are sleeping on you when Houston is experiencing even more growth. you act as if Dallas is the only city doing anything.
No i dont think Dallas is the only city "Doing anything" . However....YOU are the one who loves to downplay, write off or ignore dallas' progress just to PRETEND that Dallas isn't "Doing anything" ....which means you're sleeping on dallas.........It really doesn't matter because Dallas is about to erupt.

Last edited by dallasboi; 05-08-2014 at 06:29 AM..

Old 05-08-2014, 08:09 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
Y'all are so funny in this thread. Y'all do the same thing and then try to "call" each other out. It's comical for us thread lurkers...

FYI Houston and Dallas are WAY more alike than they are different.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:32 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,565,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
No i dont think Dallas is the only city "Doing anything" . However....YOU are the one who loves to downplay, write off or ignore dallas' progress just to PRETEND that Dallas isn't "Doing anything" ....which means you're sleeping on dallas.........It really doesn't matter because Dallas is about to erupt.
i never downplayed anything.. Dallas is just being overshadowed by its big brother to the south..

Old 05-08-2014, 10:42 AM

725 posts, read 1,241,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Of course not...We have two main cities up here(something Houstonians Hate to admit that they want)....But Dallas IS the center of Dallas County......which is.....you know....75-80% of the metro.
Do you really believe that Houstonians actually wish they had another major city in the metro? That's just silly.

Houston already offers the same amenities that DFW has only because there are two main cities.

I consider the fact that Houston is more centralized a huge advantage over DFW. I'm sure many others like the more spread out, suburban feel of DFW but I don't like having to drive to different suburbs to hang out and do things.

With that being said, I'd imagine most people from Ft. Worth would prefer if Ft. Worth had more of Dallas' amenities without actually having to go to Dallas.

The main reason Dallas alone will probably never reach the size or influence of Houston is because of the presence of Ft. Worth. Don't wish those problems on us.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:52 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Y'all are so funny in this thread. Y'all do the same thing and then try to "call" each other out. It's comical for us thread lurkers...

FYI Houston and Dallas are WAY more alike than they are different.
Exactly. BCB and others try so hard to take some high road. Its hilarious.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:23 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,543 times
Expedia's New List of Airport Rankings

Quote:
FAVORITE AIRPORTS: LEAST FAVORITE AIRPORTS:
1) Atlanta (ATL) 1) Atlanta (ATL)
2) Denver (DEN) 2) Chicago (ORD)
3) Chicago (ORD) 3) Houston (IAH – Bush)
4) Dallas (DFW) 4) New York (JFK)
5) Orlando (MCO) 5) New York (LGA)
Quote:
Best Food & Beverage: Worst Food & Beverage:
1) Atlanta (ATL) 1) Los Angeles (LAX)
2) Chicago (ORD) 2) New York (LGA)
3) Dallas (DFW) 3) Atlanta (ATL)
4) New York (JFK) 4) Las Vegas (LAS)
5) San Francisco (SFO) 5) New York (EWR)

Old 05-08-2014, 02:30 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,565,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
:yawn: why are we still talking about airports? if Dallasites want to take the surefire way out cant we at least talk about light rail or convention centers? weve been talking about airports/planes for over a week now...

Old 05-08-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
:yawn: why are we still talking about airports? if Dallasites want to take the surefire way out cant we at least talk about light rail or convention centers? weve been talking about airports/planes for over a week now...
way out of what?.....Houstonians should be banning you from representation....

Old 05-08-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
Do you really believe that Houstonians actually wish they had another major city in the metro? That's just silly.

Houston already offers the same amenities that DFW has only because there are two main cities.

I consider the fact that Houston is more centralized a huge advantage over DFW. I'm sure many others like the more spread out, suburban feel of DFW but I don't like having to drive to different suburbs to hang out and do things.

With that being said, I'd imagine most people from Ft. Worth would prefer if Ft. Worth had more of Dallas' amenities without actually having to go to Dallas.

The main reason Dallas alone will probably never reach the size or influence of Houston is because of the presence of Ft. Worth. Don't wish those problems on us.
Well Houstonians secretly claim Galvestons stuff to feel like they have another major city in the same metro like Dallas and Ft.Worth....of course they will never admit it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas