Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 08:19 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,630,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
you know, for a guy who seems to want to keep things civil in his own thread (Quality Ratings Order....What is yours?), you sure do seem to like to poke the badger here.

Mike

I was being civil. I don't like name calling, which I did not do. Thank you for thinking enough of me to go find my thread though. It's always nice to be though of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Getting a little dramatic there, aren't ya? Any car can kill ya...

What I'm saying is I'll continue to buy Toyotas until they start nickel and diming me to death like the domestics have in the past.

My only "loyalty" is to my wallet...

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Dramatic? Not so sure. More like realistic. Yes, any car with a defect like Toyota's can kill you.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:43 AM

4,709 posts, read 12,679,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Yes, I was being sarcastic. Dramatic? Not so sure. More like realistic. Yes, any car with a defect like Toyota's can kill you.
I think your Toyota-bashin' throttle is stuck wide open!

Hey, whatever happens to Toyota...the beneficiaries will NOT be your beloved domestics. Too many people have...been there, done that!

Old 02-09-2010, 09:27 AM

73 posts, read 164,800 times
I've said it before and I will say it again; we should not confuse quality with reliability. The two can be interrelated to some extent, but not completely.

Have you ever driven a late model Corolla or a Scion? Not the greatest quality, but they tend to be excellent from a reliability standpoint. Another example; German cars... wonderful quality (a new VW CC puts most Toyotas to shame in that regard), but terrible reliability for most models. Part of this might be that Japanese engineers have focused upon simple reliable components and systems in the past and European cars focused upon stuffing their cars with vast amounts of technology.

All of this just confirms my opinion the market is cyclical. Hyundai and Ford are making better and more appealing vehicles (IMO) than many of their Japanese counterparts (with a few exceptions). Complacency is a real issue in the business world.

I would not have bought a Toyota before this all happened because they have not been providing the quality they used to for quite some years now; but yet still charge a premium price for their products. Take away the quality, value, and reliability from a new Toyota and it is simply a boring, overpriced, people mover.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:32 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
So, you are saying that you will stop buying Toyota products once they kill you? Great logic.
So lets see, Toyotas have killed about 18 people while Fords have a death count of well over 200. Which is more safer? Hmmmmmm.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:34 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
I was being civil. I don't like name calling, which I did not do.
LOL, thats a good one there steve.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
I think your Toyota-bashin' throttle is stuck wide open!

Hey, whatever happens to Toyota...the beneficiaries will NOT be your beloved domestics. Too many people have...been there, done that!
Okay....whatever.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:44 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,227,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So lets see, Toyotas have killed about 18 people while Fords have a death count of well over 200. Which is more safer? Hmmmmmm.
Well Ford had been making and selling cars to Americans since 1903. How about Toyota? Give them time, they'll catch up.

Also, the reason you don't see many older Yotas and Honda's on the road is because they rusted away 15 years ago. Toyotas from the 80's would rust if it was humid outside. lol

Old 02-09-2010, 01:59 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,227,031 times
Sorry, one more thing.

All these people saying that GM, Chrysler and Ford are the kings of recalls and that they'd be out of business if everyone went off recalls yadda yadda. Look at the recall lists, Toyota and Honda have just as many recalls as the domestics do. It may appear that domestics have more, but it's simply because they make more models.

Since Chrysler is usually thought to be the worse, lets compare. Lets just pick 2008.

2008 Chrysler 300 # of recalls: 1
2008 Toyota Camry # of recalls: 3
2008 Honda Accord # of recalls:1
2008 Nissan Altima # of recalls:4

I know none of this will phase our Asian car buyers so just go back to buying your bland, underpowered commuter cars thinking there the best in the world.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:11 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,177,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
Sorry, one more thing.

All these people saying that GM, Chrysler and Ford are the kings of recalls and that they'd be out of business if everyone went off recalls yadda yadda. Look at the recall lists, Toyota and Honda have just as many recalls as the domestics do. It may appear that domestics have more, but it's simply because they make more models.

Since Chrysler is usually thought to be the worse, lets compare. Lets just pick 2008.

2008 Chrysler 300 # of recalls: 1
2008 Toyota Camry # of recalls: 3
2008 Honda Accord # of recalls:1
2008 Nissan Altima # of recalls:4

I know none of this will phase our Asian car buyers so just go back to buying your bland, underpowered commuter cars thinking there the best in the world.
Source?

Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion