Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 03:23 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,227,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
Source?

Mike
Auto Recalls - View the Latest Car Recalls Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 03:59 PM

73 posts, read 164,800 times
Wow, this has turned into a debate between foreign vs. domestic. I just buy the best car for the money, period. When comes down to it, all companies exist to make profit.

Last car I bought was a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit; the Chevy Cobalt and Toyota Corolla were not even in the same league as far as compacts cars are concerned. Unless you are only going by mpg.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:03 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I would. Just because of the gas pedal issue of those models does not erase the fact that Toyota quality is legendary.
Of course there are a few haters that will take this and blow it out of proportion.
Kind of like the same when you work for a company your whole life, never been absent, never neen late, never had an issue with anybody then all of a sudden something happens in one day and you become the most unreliable, despicable, irresponsible employee ever.
Just my two cents.
I'm still OK with Toyota. Of course, my FJ was built in Hamura Japan, so it doesn't seem to have the problems US built Toyotas do, apparently.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:11 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,630,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchMZ View Post
Wow, this has turned into a debate between foreign vs. domestic. I just buy the best car for the money, period. When comes down to it, all companies exist to make profit.

Last car I bought was a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit; the Chevy Cobalt and Toyota Corolla were not even in the same league as far as compacts cars are concerned. Unless you are only going by mpg.
All of a sudden some people are admitting that their Camry built in KY is foreign. For the longest time such people we swearing they owned a domestic since it was manufactured in the U.S. by U.S. workers. Just an interesting change I noticed.

Last edited by Steve_TN; 02-09-2010 at 04:53 PM..

Old 02-09-2010, 05:03 PM

969 posts, read 2,821,015 times
I would. I think they aren't making as good of a car as they were several years ago, but they are still far above the rest. This thing will go away. Look at Audi with the sudden acceleration in the 1980's and the Ford Explorer/Firestone deal. Atleast Toyota has the smarts to not try to cover it up.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:05 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,630,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXpert View Post
I would. I think they aren't making as good of a car as they were several years ago, but they are still far above the rest. This thing will go away. Look at Audi with the sudden acceleration in the 1980's and the Ford Explorer/Firestone deal. Atleast Toyota has the smarts to not try to cover it up.
I'll let someone else take this. I'm tired of typing the same old thing. Take it away whoever.........

Old 02-09-2010, 05:13 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,176,936 times
I don't want to get involved in the Foreign/Domestic debate. I too buy the automobile that appeals the most to me.

I have an FJ Cruiser right now, and is my third Toyota product (Had a brand new 05 Scion tC- loved that thing, regret ever getting rid of it, and another FJ Cruiser, which was totalled by someone that ran a stop sign.) My Experience with them has been phenomenal. If something happened to this FJ, I would most likely buy another FJ.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:27 PM

969 posts, read 2,821,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I'll let someone else take this. I'm tired of typing the same old thing. Take it away whoever.........

Thanks Steve............we ALL appreciate it!

Old 02-09-2010, 05:43 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I'm still OK with Toyota. Of course, my FJ was built in Hamura Japan, so it doesn't seem to have the problems US built Toyotas do, apparently.
From what I've read, Toyotas built in Japan are also being affected with recalls.

And, you can't blame "U.S. built Toyotas" because the original design is from Japan. They just build them, they don't engineer them.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:54 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
I didn't want one last year.
I don't want one now.
I really doubt if I will want one next year.

However, if they still made the SMALL trucks, maybe...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion