Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 12:43 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,903,040 times

Advertisements

The knuckleheads (read: babies) here in Scottsdale closed Chaparral dog park this morning because of "wet" conditions. Please! They have no idea what wet is! I was at Grovers Basin dog park yesterday afternoon and the dogs all had a blast running, slipping and sliding through the mud. Nobody thought to close that place because of "wet" conditions.

In answer to your question, yesterday when it stopped raining everybody and his brother got on the road to do their errands. This morning no one was on the road. Sunday mornings in AZ there is always a fair amount of people on the road and otherwise out and about because of the sunshine and warmth.

I was worried about my dark condo when I first moved here. I was immediately told that there is tons of light here and that people keep blinds tightly closed because of the heat and the light. There is light everywhere here. I still don't like my dark dining/living area, and spend a lot of time in the bedroom where it gets more light. I think some people do occasionally get weary of all the sunshine but that's easily remedied, much easier than bringing light into a dark area like Oregon. In fact, I'm already done with this dark, cloudy, cold weekend Enough already!

Old 02-20-2011, 05:22 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,839,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCB View Post
-Does anyone get sick of the sun???
Does anyone get sick of sex?

Old 02-20-2011, 06:25 PM

461 posts, read 861,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Does anyone get sick of sex?
Chafing is not fun....lol

Old 02-21-2011, 05:32 AM

Just looked at the 10 day forecast for Tucson....sounds beautiful!!!

I hope I will enjoy my move to Tucson if I get into the program!

So just to talk housing......I think I told you guys that I will be working at the VA and at UMC predominantly. I would to live between the two....but I think there is more happening/my taste of environment around the University area?
I like the sound of West University.

I don't mind driving...as I will be driving to the VA quite a bit. I do however want to be within a 15-20 mile radius of most amenities...gym, UMC, nice grocery store (trader joes?..never been to one), and perhaps a nice park where I could go run every morning?

I do want a nice place....I don't mind throwing a few extra bones towards my rent for a w/d, a porch, a nice/clean kitchen with modern amenities, etc. Then again I don't want to live in cookie cutter apartments...some character would be nice. Do I need to look around the Sam Hughes neighborhood for this?

I want to live a tiny bit of the yuppie lifestyle...I don't want to live lavishly...but want some nice things. I hope the lower cost of living in Tucson helps with that.

Also, I think there is plenty to do around the area just from researching on the internet. Nice bars, nice tennis/soccer associations, good mexican food, nice winter weather, university town, two hrs from Phoenix, 6 from SD, 4 from a Mexican adventure beach....lol

Any other suggestions?

Old 02-21-2011, 09:44 AM

^^^^^Anyone know the answers to these questions?
Thanks!

Old 02-21-2011, 10:31 PM

532 posts, read 1,177,502 times
Not to be rude MDCB.....but after 12 pages of you asking the same questions different ways....I think people are getting a bit weary of answering. For somebody who's been here a couple times, you sure come across as somebody who has never once step foot in Tucson and is under the impression that we're another foreign world instead of just another state.

At some point the barrage of questions will have to end because you'll have to start your own adventure and find the answers for yourself. That's half the fun! As far as where you'd be comfortable living most, take the answers you've gotten so far, and pair them with a thorough search on the different neighborhoods that have been dicussed on here already, and make a list of places to check out when you come down.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie2 View Post
Not to be rude MDCB.....but after 12 pages of you asking the same questions different ways....I think people are getting a bit weary of answering. For somebody who's been here a couple times, you sure come across as somebody who has never once step foot in Tucson and is under the impression that we're another foreign world instead of just another state.

At some point the barrage of questions will have to end because you'll have to start your own adventure and find the answers for yourself. That's half the fun! As far as where you'd be comfortable living most, take the answers you've gotten so far, and pair them with a thorough search on the different neighborhoods that have been dicussed on here already, and make a list of places to check out when you come down.
Thanks Subie2. Sorry to annoy you. And I am sorry if people are becoming weary of answering. I just want to be sure in my choice of a place to live for the next 3 years. It will probably go by really fast, but I just want to know that I will be happy. What is life if it is all about work all the time? I want to enjoy my surroundings.

But I think you are right about just taking the plunge. I am almost ready to do so. I submitted my preferences for surgical programs and am sitting tight until March 17th to find out where I am accepted! In the meantime I was just asking some questions and perusing the craigslist of my top 3-4 cities that I will be moving to...

How is the hospital scene going? UMC holding up? I hope to run into you if I am going to be working at UMC.

Let me know if anyone has some thoughts/answers to the above questions. No biggie if you are annoyed.

Thanks!

Old 02-22-2011, 10:57 AM

532 posts, read 1,177,502 times
I have been out for a month due to having surgery on my heart, so I have not been to UMC. I assume it's still the same old

Old 02-22-2011, 11:49 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie2 View Post
I have been out for a month due to having surgery on my heart, so I have not been to UMC. I assume it's still the same old
VERY sorry to hear about your heart problem neighbor.
Hope it all went well & resolved the issue (whatever it was).

I wish you a speedy & complete recovery.

Ken

Old 02-22-2011, 11:49 AM

11,081 posts, read 6,903,040 times
MDCB said himself in another thread that he's a bit OCD - aren't we all to varying degrees?! But he's a lovable OCD!

And same wishes go to Subie2 about recovery!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson