Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 06:37 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,766 times

Advertisements

Stone Man, the Spanish Trail was a really fine place in its day, for sure. I miss seeing it right there next to I-10 (Benson Highway) where it was always so prominent!

Old 08-25-2008, 07:00 PM

36 posts, read 274,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Stone Man, the Spanish Trail was a really fine place in its day, for sure. I miss seeing it right there next to I-10 (Benson Highway) where it was always so prominent!

Me too, its a shame what became of it but I have learned in the few short years I have been alive that the one constant in life is change. Change is going to happen and we have a choice to fight it and cause ourselves all sorts of misery, pain and suffering trying to hold on to the past or we can go with it and let things be what they will be. Regardless of what choice we make, change is going to take place, it is the only thing in life we can be certain of, that you are not now what you were just a moment ago, so instead of concerning ourselves so much about what we once were we should focus instead on what we are BECOMING, because we are always becoming something new, each passing moment a new US emerges!

But indeed, it is a sore point for me to see it these days, it being such a big part of my life growing up, I spent probably most of my youth hanging around that place while my dad worked and I met the most interesting people you could imagine, people from all walks of life and from every corner of the world famous and non famous alike.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:03 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonemasonry View Post
Me too, its a shame what became of it but I have learned in the few short years I have been alive that the one constant in life is change. Change is going to happen and we have a choice to fight it and cause ourselves all sorts of misery, pain and suffering trying to hold on to the past or we can go with it and let things be what they will be. Regardless of what choice we make, change is going to take place, it is the only thing in life we can be certain of, that you are not now what you were just a moment ago, so instead of concerning ourselves so much about what we once were we should focus instead on what we are BECOMING, because we are always becoming something new, each passing moment a new US emerges!

But indeed, it is a sore point for me to see it these days, it being such a big part of my life growing up, I spent probably most of my youth hanging around that place while my dad worked and I met the most interesting people you could imagine, people from all walks of life and from every corner of the world famous and non famous alike.

Reminds me of the song, "Things Change", by Tim McGraw. I believe he's talking about the way that many people are bemoaning the fact that country music has changed from its nice, simple roots to the more "countryfied rock & roll" sound of today!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Reminds me of the song, "Things Change", by Tim McGraw. I believe he's talking about the way that many people are bemoaning the fact that country music has changed from its nice, simple roots to the more "countryfied rock & roll" sound of today!
People have done this since the beginning of times and will continue doing it. It's called aging!

I remember how my Dad liked talking about a city he'd lived only a couple of years in but apparently loved. I was a student there, too. He always wanted to show knowledge of the place and for some reason insisted on using the old names of everything, which was driving me nuts at the time. Yesterday I went to Mt. Lemmon. Well, I resent the sign "The Cookie Cabin" and keep calling it "Cabins & Cookies"! I also prefer referring to Big Lots as McFrugal's. I don't care about MVD in AZ - I got my license in CA and it's DMV to me! And the list goes on...

Old 08-26-2008, 09:43 AM

522 posts, read 1,568,978 times
The one that always gets me is License Plates or Tags. who gave the name "tags" to a large metal plate?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:00 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofIL View Post
The one that always gets me is License Plates or Tags. who gave the name "tags" to a large metal plate?
I think when people refer to "tags" they mean the registration renewal stickers, no?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:07 AM

I've been told by people that have moved here that they always called license plated tags. One in perticular was from Texas, on second thought, maybe that explains it

Old 08-26-2008, 10:14 AM

602 posts, read 2,064,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I think when people refer to "tags" they mean the registration renewal stickers, no?
That'd be my guess too.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:19 AM

602 posts, read 2,064,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
People have done this since the beginning of times and will continue doing it. It's called aging!

...Yesterday I went to Mt. Lemmon. Well, I resent the sign "The Cookie Cabin" and keep calling it "Cabins & Cookies"! ...
Speaking of that Cookie Cabin place, after I went for a hike up there, I felt like getting a cookie, but when I went to buy one, found out they don't sell regular sized cookies. They only sell immense ones about the size of a personal pizza, so I passed.

That's the problem when you have a hankerin (how's that for a throwback word!) for just a little something sweet, you can practically never buy just a little bit to satisfy the craving, and if you really want whatever it is, you end up buying it anyway and making a complete slob of yourself.

Probably way too much info, but that's my experience.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
That's the problem when you have a hankerin (how's that for a throwback word!) for just a little something sweet, you can practically never buy just a little bit to satisfy the craving, and if you really want whatever it is, you end up buying it anyway and making a complete slob of yourself.
Yea, and they wonder why so many people are obese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson