Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 08:05 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times

Advertisements

Fantasia is a diva and a hot mess at the same time. LOL.

But I actually liked her performance last night. It was hair and dress that bothered me-although I like her curves.

Anyway, I think the right 2 went home. But I remain unimpressed by Casey's performances 3 weeks in a row. He's so awesome when he's singing what he's good at-that scat, jazzy thing he does is incredible. When he does Kurt Cobain tho, not so much.

Aside from that, I actually think this is one of the season's where its hard to pick a clear winner of the bunch cause the remaining contestants are very stong each in their own way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 08:07 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
And as mentioned earlier, this girl's talent really shines through when she's prasing the Lord!

YouTube - Fantasia The Lord is blessing me - American Idol contestant.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:09 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Just an FYI - these two were on America's Got Talent, not American Idol. Jackie was too young for AI (and they don't really do opera), Michael Grimm is too old for AI.

As for Fantasia... never been a fan of hers so I just fast forwarded through the performance.
Just goes to show ya how much TV I watch!

They all look the same to me but I'm happy I found AI however I did it...

Now, I watch two shows! Antique Roadshow and AI...unless it's AGT

Old 04-01-2011, 08:17 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post

I think it's going to be awhile before Paul goes home. He's polarizing but has a decent sized fan base. I don't think he'll be in the bottom 3 for awhile.
Paul was in the bottom 3 last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post

Not only did I forget to watch AI last night, but I didn't DVR it either. Ugh!!! Tell me where online I can watch it. Thanks.
Performances - American Idol (http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_10/performances/ - broken link)

You don't get the judges' comments or any of the filler, but at least you can see their performances.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:22 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
They should just give Pia the title and send all the other wannabees home. That Pia chick has the ENTIRE package.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:23 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,068,257 times
Fantasia to play Mahalia, oh lord!!! Couldn't they find someone with talent, who can actually act? Acting is not her thing hence her movie about herself. Don't think she needed to gain weight for that, thought she had been gaining weight from all the stress that she brought upon (which is going after a married man and being taken to court for it, and her homes being in foreclosure) and the pregnancies she's had.

I like all music but IMO can't stand all of Fantasia's screaming and runs, just too much.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:32 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Paul was in the bottom 3 last night. Performances - American Idol (http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_10/performances/ - broken link)
I know, I meant in the future I don't think he'll be in the bottom 3 for awhile.

I think all of the girls besides Lauren should go home before any of the guys.

I think Paul will have an upswing in votes because he was in the bottom 3 this week and he definitely has fans out there to pick up the voting.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:34 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Just goes to show ya how much TV I watch!

They all look the same to me but I'm happy I found AI however I did it...

Now, I watch two shows! Antique Roadshow and AI...unless it's AGT
Ooooh, I love Antique Roadshow! Lol

AI is good this season, though truthfully it's the 2nd full season I've ever watched, before I'd just catch glimpses of episodes throughout the season. Last year was my first full season and I wan't too thrilled, but this year I'm pretty impressed. Almost all of the top 9 are better than the winner from last year.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:58 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I just watched Haley's performance again here on YouTube:

YouTube - Haley Reinhart -- Benny and the Jets -- American Idol Top 11

Her performance looked and sounded totally karaoke.

Like an amateur getting up on stage.

I still can't believe Randy Jackson called it the "best performance of the night"?!?
You're not the only one that felt that way. She was trying to hard IMO.

Pity 'cause that is one of my favorite songs.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:17 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,007 times
Guessed the bottom 3... granted anyone could have done that.

All 3 were worthy to go home.

I think the next 3 to go are going to be Paul, Haley, and Stefano. All 3 are not in the same level as the other contestants left.

James is the easy front runner. He has the biggest fan base of current contestants. Proof in someone giving him a real WWF championship belt with his name engraved. Trust me he will be in the final.

As for performances last night...
Lauren/Scotty was the only good performances from the contestants. The girls were atrocious in their rendition of Teenage Dream. They couldn't harmonize at all. The boys... my problem with them was the song choice they were given. Band of the Run, IMO, is a very terrible song.

Fantasia - I DVR'd right past her.
Jamie Foxx/Will I Am - gave it a shot but lyrically bad + overuse of autotune caused me to fast forward that as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV