Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 07:29 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,211,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Are you kidding me??? We're talking about the remake of the original series that ran for six years on Sci-Fi, which included a mini-series, TV series, web episodes, TV movies, prequels, spinoffs ...

The basic premise was the same as the original, but that's about it. There's quite a lengthy thread on this board about the show.
So it had Balthazaar and the Cylon robots running around saying, ""By your command" and all that. Alright.

Don't have cable. Don't have TV either, since we need a converter box to get the new digital stuff. I almost bought a new TV because of LOST, but we only watched TV a few hours a month.

I would have liked to have seen the X-Files. They started showing the first season in Romania around 1999 or so, and then I left a few years later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 09:07 PM

4,066 posts, read 5,656,655 times
I heard that FF has been cancelled. I liked Olivia, Bryce and Kikyo on that show. It could have been a really good show, but somehow they didn't really know what to do with it.
I don't think they ever told who Penny's mother was.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:19 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,099,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So it had Balthazaar and the Cylon robots running around saying, ""By your command" and all that. Alright.
Don't be so quick to poo-paa the new BSG, it was one of the best series in recent years, perhaps one of the best of alltime. At the risk of being lynched by this crowd, I would propose theat BSG (the early seasons at least) was better than LOST.

See if your local library has the mini-series movie and season one to check out, you will be in for a treat. Great actors, acting and storylines, extremely addictive. While I loved the original as a kid (it's unwatchable for me now), the new one is for grown ups.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:10 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,041,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Apparently, the DVD coming out will have 14 minutes of footage with Hurley and Ben as leaders of the island.
One source (Michael Emerson in an interview) stated that the extra footage will be out in the boxed set of Lost that will be issued when the 6th season comes out on DVD. If that's true, I'll be pissed . I bought all five seasons previously and hope that the footage will also be contained in the single issue of season 6. If not, I'll keep an eye on youtube for a (most likely brief) view that will be loaded by a sympathetic pirate .

Old 05-28-2010, 10:49 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,013,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
I heard that FF has been cancelled. I liked Olivia, Bryce and Kikyo on that show. It could have been a really good show, but somehow they didn't really know what to do with it.
I don't think they ever told who Penny's mother was.

Yes, it was cancelled. Last night was the series finale.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
The idea that they all didn't remember each other at first. The idea that Desmond remembered the alternate reality but was alive remembering it when he was on the island.
It is a Buddhist idea that before you move on to your afterlife, you go to an "in between" place where you have to remember your own death and what was important to you in your life before you go on.

They didnt know that they were dead or they were in an afterlife until they came to the realization. Desmond was just the first to realize that he was dead and what was going on so he had to show the other survivors so they could realize to and they could all move on together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
In the end what does the island have to do with their "moving on"? What is the island?
The island doesnt have any thing to do with their moving on other than that was the place where all these people met and were brough close together.

The island was an island. We didnt get anymore explanation than that. You have to draw your own conclusions.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
One source (Michael Emerson in an interview) stated that the extra footage will be out in the boxed set of Lost that will be issued when the 6th season comes out on DVD. If that's true, I'll be pissed . I bought all five seasons previously and hope that the footage will also be contained in the single issue of season 6. If not, I'll keep an eye on youtube for a (most likely brief) view that will be loaded by a sympathetic pirate .

You'll be able to get it. You can rent it, download it, borrow it. There will be a ton of ways to see that footage if you want.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:43 PM

4,066 posts, read 5,656,655 times
I don't think they'd get many sales if they offered all six seasons packaged together! That would be ridiculous!

Old 05-28-2010, 12:51 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,822,040 times
Has anyone seen the Lost bloopers from previous seasons?! They are hilarious

Old 05-28-2010, 03:37 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,297,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
Don't be so quick to poo-paa the new BSG, it was one of the best series in recent years, perhaps one of the best of alltime. At the risk of being lynched by this crowd, I would propose theat BSG (the early seasons at least) was better than LOST.

See if your local library has the mini-series movie and season one to check out, you will be in for a treat. Great actors, acting and storylines, extremely addictive. While I loved the original as a kid (it's unwatchable for me now), the new one is for grown ups.
It is an excellent series, and the complaint heard most often from those who fondly remember the origional is "it is too dark". When you consider that a tiny percentage of the population survived, that you probably will never see another friend or family member again and your stuck in a tin can in space, it fits. The theme of the series is not just survival but the cost of it, and with the humanoid cylons, a question of what makes you human. It dealt with a lot of themes that Jericho did as well, but in counterpoint. How different is it when the world goes away and you do have family and friends? Its also a very intense series which you can't watch now and again.

The third season, especially the first half, is incredable as we see an occupation thru the point of view of the occupied and just how far and how many compromizes they are willing to go to free themselves. Its utterly gut wrenching.

For those Lost fans who are looking to try something new, do check it out. And after you watch that, watch Caprica. Its the beginning before the Cylon attack. Its the amazing origion of what becomes a life spark in what might have just been a machine.

Don't be afraid of something because its supposed to be dark. There are lots of things to discover which balance out all the cheery stuff.

And you'll never hear "All Along the Watchtower" again and not think of... well, you get to find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV