Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:02 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,062 times

Advertisements

Wow, what a great episode! I was digging the 3 years before, 3 years later flashes.

Best parts:
  • I loved seeing Sawyer (Jim) take the lead on the island, handle Richard Alpert, help the Dharma gang, and even find love with Juliet. He's a totally different guy than when we met him in Episode 1.
  • Seeing the 4-toed statue in tact was pretty cool. It looked like an Egyptian woman.
  • The Ankh necklace that Amy had is on the 108 minute clock in the Swan - any significance?
  • Drunken Horace blowing up trees was pretty funny. He's kind of a jerk! I wonder who his son is... Ethan, Jacob???
  • Notice how we don't see Daniel in the 3 years later flashes?
  • The look on Sawyer's face when he see's Kate... Juliet who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 08:56 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,530,507 times
Sawyer: In three years? Absolutlely...... NOT!

Alert Alert! No (NEW) Lost Next Week! They will be running last nite's epi in the regular time slot before Life on Mars.

Great epi last night, for sure. Sawyer is THE Man! It was great how he stepped up his game and over the course of the next three years becomes quite the caring person. He's gotten down with Juliet!! IMO Juliet is Way Way > Kate. But now what??

Is Charles Widmore there now in the 70's? Yes he is. I'm now sure that even Penny is going to be born on the island. He told Locke that he was their leader and they protected the island for what three decades? Penny's age puts her birth and conception to be island bound. She's not Dead, I'm quite sure of it.

Who did Amy birth???? Is it Sawyer? Did he just see his very own birth? Baby James? Huh? Gotta love that character.

Wow - I can't wait for two weeks!!!!!! I'll re-watch this one and come up with some more observations... So much I've not even discussed here. Just needed to put up the alert.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:10 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,342,237 times
thank god for video streaming! first time in ages that I've missed a live viewing of LOST! some thoughts:

-i'm very curious about this whole truce nonsense. it seemed like Richard was ready to beat down b/c he thought the DI had broken the truce, but in reality, wasn't it HIS people that broke it by shooting Paul?

-is it just me, or did Miles' hair seem a bit grayer after that last flash, esp. at his temple? I wonder if grown up Miles has run into Dr. Candle/Chang and seen his possible baby self? and how come none of the DI asked about his (futuristic) watch?

-it took my a while to get over the fact that Amy was NOT Annie. I think the producers did that on purpose! I wonder who her son is? he's got to be important since I think his will be the last live birth (even this birth had complications. I think the complication will keep getting worse until both the mother and the baby ends up dying in the first trimester). I can't even think about who it may be; both Ethan and Goodwin seemed over 30 years old when we saw them, Karl was too young, and everyone else seemed too old)

-little Charlotte is So cute! sick question: does loving baby Charlotte make Daniel a pedophile?

-speaking of Daniel, I felt so bad for him. I had a feeling Charlotte's body wouldn't be there during the next flash. I can see how a little girl like Charlotte would think he's a scary crazy man if Daniel never got over her death. and we never did see him in this episode, though I'm pretty sure that the opening scene from this season is in the same time period, so Daniel may have been working somewhere else. I guess Charlotte would be around 6 by the time the O6 returned, so I can see Jin teaching her a bit of Korean, as many people have speculated

-speaking of Charlotte, here come my big theory: the return of the O6 caused the Incident which eventually led to the Purge. if Charlotte is about 6 now, that would make her young enough to forget the Island upon leaving but old enough to remember it well enough to impact her.

-all this Egyptian/ancient civilization stuff is getting intriguing. liked that we got to see the complete 4 toed statue, even if it was from behind. looked like it had long hair. Paul's necklace is definitely connected to the Swan hieroglyphics and possibly all the other ones found on the Island. why does he have a necklace like that? did someone give it to him? was he more important than just being Amy's husband?

-given that we have the sonic fence up, does that mean Smoky is up and running somewhere? obviously, it has been on the Island for a while, given the way Ben called it. I wonder how they learned Smoky doesn't like the fence?

-Sawyer really stepped up his game in this episode! he's basically become Jack now, right down to convincing his group that they need to concoct a grand lie. and I love that he's hooked up with Juliet (but who didn't see that coming w/ all the googly eyes she was making at him?). down with Skater, long live Suliet!

-so now what happens? we've got half the O6 on the island in the wrong time period no less and there's no way Sawyer can pull that "they crashed on their way to Tahiti" thing again! again, I believe the O6 coming back is going to set into motion some very bad stuff

-is Ben on the Island yet? timeline is getting screwy in my head. and I assume Widmore is still there

Old 03-05-2009, 12:14 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,350,226 times
Maybe Amy's baby is Daniel. (I am just guessing as I don't get into all the little details of the show myself.)

Old 03-05-2009, 12:21 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,151 times
Fantastic episode! The statue foot has been bugging me since we first saw it! Finally the whole statue but now we have to learn why only 4 toes! Damn, I love this show!!

Old 03-05-2009, 12:30 PM

1,428 posts, read 3,161,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
Wow, what a great episode! I was digging the 3 years before, 3 years later flashes.

Best parts:
  • I loved seeing Sawyer (Jim) take the lead on the island, handle Richard Alpert, help the Dharma gang, and even find love with Juliet. He's a totally different guy than when we met him in Episode 1.
  • Seeing the 4-toed statue in tact was pretty cool. It looked like an Egyptian woman.
More like an Egyptian man. Egyptian women wore full-length dresses; men wore above-the-knee skirtlike or kiltlike garments.
Quote:
  • The Ankh necklace that Amy had is on the 108 minute clock in the Swan - any significance?
Eternal life and fertility.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:38 PM

1,428 posts, read 3,161,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
thank god for video streaming! first time in ages that I've missed a live viewing of LOST! some thoughts:

-i'm very curious about this whole truce nonsense. it seemed like Richard was ready to beat down b/c he thought the DI had broken the truce, but in reality, wasn't it HIS people that broke it by shooting Paul?
Yes, and what the heck were they doing with Michelle Dessler from 24?
Quote:
-is it just me, or did Miles' hair seem a bit grayer after that last flash, esp. at his temple? I wonder if grown up Miles has run into Dr. Candle/Chang and seen his possible baby self? and how come none of the DI asked about his (futuristic) watch?
I thought Miles' hair looked substantially greyer -- I was surprised it didn't become an issue on the show...or maybe it will in future episodes.
Quote:

-little Charlotte is So cute! sick question: does loving baby Charlotte make Daniel a pedophile?
Except it can't be little Charlotte. According to Ben in his confrontation with Charlotte in the jungle, her birthdate was in 1979, a full five years AFTER the moment when Daniel sees a little red-headed girl at the Barracks. I think that this was a moment of wishful thinking on Daniel's part at a moment when he is clearly not thinking rationally or coherently.
Quote:

-Sawyer really stepped up his game in this episode! he's basically become Jack now, right down to convincing his group that they need to concoct a grand lie. and I love that he's hooked up with Juliet (but who didn't see that coming w/ all the googly eyes she was making at him?). down with Skater, long live Suliet!
How about Juliyer?
Quote:

-so now what happens? we've got half the O6 on the island in the wrong time period no less and there's no way Sawyer can pull that "they crashed on their way to Tahiti" thing again! again, I believe the O6 coming back is going to set into motion some very bad stuff

-is Ben on the Island yet? timeline is getting screwy in my head. and I assume Widmore is still there
Ben must be on the island by now, given that he arrived w/his father when he was about ten years old or so and he was born in 1960.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Wallace View Post

Except it can't be little Charlotte. According to Ben in his confrontation with Charlotte in the jungle, her birthdate was in 1979, a full five years AFTER the moment when Daniel sees a little red-headed girl at the Barracks. I think that this was a moment of wishful thinking on Daniel's part at a moment when he is clearly not thinking rationally or coherently.
that's not necessarily true. we've seen how leaving the Island via unconventional means (ie, turning the wheel) can put you in a different time period. let's say Charlotte is 5 in 1974 when she leaves the Island and jumps in time to 1984. Charlotte is still 5 years old, but her mother can't go around telling people she was born in 1969 because that means she should be 15, not 5, so instead she says that Charlotte was born in '79 to make it all add up and avoid suspicion. Lord knows that the DI and the Others have the resources to make some fake birth certificates!

this also brings up the important relevance of naming Charlotte "Charlotte Staples Lewis". in the Chronicles of Narnia, the kids can stay in Narnia for decades and age naturally, but when they leave, only a short amount of time as past. the Island may just be the opposite: spend a short amount of time on the Island, but come back to the "real world" and more time has passed by there than on the Island. in both cases, you have kids who should be older than they actually appear to be in the real world. once you start involving time travel and time warps, age becomes rather irrelevant. for example, Richard may not be ageless/immortal, he may have just harnessed the time jumping ability to make him appear to be so (I'm sure Locke appeared ageless to Widmore in the past episode). hope this made any sense, time travel makes my head hurt!

Last edited by eevee; 03-05-2009 at 11:37 PM..

Old 03-06-2009, 12:01 AM

314 posts, read 1,036,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
time travel makes my head hurt!
your nose is bleeding!
Quote:
* Seeing the 4-toed statue in tact was pretty cool. It looked like an Egyptian woman.

* The Ankh necklace that Amy had is on the 108 minute clock in the Swan - any significance?
egyptian gods and ankhs go together like peas and rice.

my assumption is that the statue was built by natives and that the natives are of egyptian faith but paul in the DI had an ankh necklace? this makes me think paul was a plant/spy/traitor like ben.
Quote:
we dont know if the natives killed paul. all we know is that paul was dead when we got there. amy never said anything about it.
Quote:
Jacob???
can't be jacob because in the 50s the natives knew who jacob was (locke said "jacob sent me")

Old 03-06-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates View Post
your nose is bleeding!

egyptian gods and ankhs go together like peas and rice.

my assumption is that the statue was built by natives and that the natives are of egyptian faith but paul in the DI had an ankh necklace? this makes me think paul was a plant/spy/traitor like ben.

we dont know if the natives killed paul. all we know is that paul was dead when we got there. amy never said anything about it.

can't be jacob because in the 50s the natives knew who jacob was (locke said "jacob sent me")
in all seriousness, my nose did start bleeding after watching a LOST episode! granted, this was caused by extremely dry air, a persistent flu and past issues w/ chronic nosebleeds rather than time jumping

speaking of Egyptians, your pictures reminds me of another point I've heard tossed around in other LOST communities. the Egyptians are known for lining their eyes, and Richard (who many people, including me, call Guyliner) is always wearing eyeliner. not sure if this is something w/ the character though since I'm sure Nestor Carbonell was wearing eyeliner when he starred in The Dark Knight, but it's a very interesting coincidence. I've personally never met an Egyptian, but I've heard people say that Richard could pass as one

as a side note, while I'm sad that he lost what was likely a great gig for him, but I am SO GLAD that Cane was canceled and we get Nestor back! I can't imagine what this season what have been like w/o Richard! the LOST gods work in mysterious ways...

as for Paul, I got the real impression that the Hostiles killed him and were about to kill Amy. it could be a misdirection by the producers to make it look that way, but I'm not sure who else it could have been (unless Amy was in on it and killed him herself! but then why go through the whole bag-over-the-head routine since they assumed no one was watching?). at the very least, it did look like Amy was going to be kidnapped, similar to the Tailies, and maybe that's against the truce too. though if the truce was similar to what Tom gave Jack and Co in S2 (ie, not to go to the other side of the Island) and Amy and Paul didn't follow it, then it was them that broke the truce. guess we won't really know until we know what the truce was
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV