Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2014, 03:05 PM

197 posts, read 233,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
In last week's episode, Skye FINALLY started using her brain! Why is it that the rookie with the least amount of training and field experience is the ONLY ONE with a working brain cell on this team???

This should be a show about very smart people fighting smarter bad guys. But it's turned into a show about very dumb people fighting clichés.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I'm probably giving the writers too much credit and covering their plot holes for them...but maybe what you've said is the point.

HYDRA was able to hide within SHIELD primarily because SHIELD was fighting cliches instead of seeing the enemy in its midst.
But I don't think that's what Mark S was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Skye and Cap play the same role in their respective vehicles. Skye, as an outsider, was more able to smell a rat in the cupboard in the same way Cap in the movies was smelling a rat in the cupboard. Neither was ever convinced that SHIELD was all goody-goody, whereas everyone in SHIELD was so convinced.
Well, Skye obviously started off not thinking that SHIELD was all goody-goody, but after she got busted and after having been around them for a while, she commented one time that she was mistaken about them and that she has seen first hand that they are good people who do good things. Also, from that point on, she wanted to redeem herself and wanted to regain the others' trust. Plus, she aspired to one day be a SHIELD agent herself.

Also, if you look at this video clip from last week's episode(from 00.29 to 3:57) before Skye looked at Koening's tracking device(that part was cut out of the video), Ward had Skye eating out of his hand and was making out with her.

It only wasn't until Skye felt the blood(Koening's blood) on Ward's neck while they were making out that Skye decided to look at Koening's tracking device console. And that was only after Ward had left to clean the blood off his neck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 03:25 PM

197 posts, read 233,693 times
Actually, here's a better video(from 00.20 to 3.00), which shows that Skye didn't immediately get Koening's tracking device console after Ward went to clean off Koening's blood(which meant that Skye still trusted Ward), but thought about the device while waiting for Ward to get back.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:27 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Parkerman View Post
Well, Skye obviously started off not thinking that SHIELD was all goody-goody, but after she got busted and after having been around them for a while, she commented one time that she was mistaken about them and that she has seen first hand that they are good people who do good things. Also, from that point on, she wanted to redeem herself and wanted to regain the others' trust. Plus, she aspired to one day be a SHIELD agent herself.
Although that was from contact solely with Colson's rather unusual (and unusually treated) team.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:16 AM

7,243 posts, read 7,066,230 times
I feel like they missed an opportunity.

Skye thought SHIELD was bad. She should have discovered HYDRA as a tie in with the movie. They should have kept her skeptical and, eventually, correct!

Old 04-30-2014, 06:34 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Gasp! You really think so? Although, I do have to admit that the folks in the "Blacklist" forum are always complaining about how stupid the FBI agents in that show are. lol
Granted, I only watched the first 3 or 4 episodes before I gave up. But yeah, that was my biggest complaint. Everyone was always talking about what an evil genius James Spader is. But it's easy to look smart when everyone around you is an idiot. The FBI in that show obviously went to the Larry, Curly, and Moe training camp of law enforcement.

Quote:
Well, are there any shows from past or present that you think has smart people vs. smart people in them?
Sure. Ocean's Eleven immediately comes to mind. Jackie Brown is a great example of a cunning caper. On TV I'd say pay close attention to Justified, The West Wing, or Sports Night --- all shows about smart vs. smart. Or even ALIAS, a show that certainly had major problems after Season 2. But if you want to see how it's done right, check out the Pilot episode of ALIAS. It's the best 2 hours of action/adventure drama with spy vs. spy that I've ever seen.

SHIELD needs to take a page from the notebook of Isaac Jaffe: "If you're dumb, surround yourself with smart people. If you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you."

Old 04-30-2014, 06:50 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
I feel like they missed an opportunity.

Skye thought SHIELD was bad. She should have discovered HYDRA as a tie in with the movie. They should have kept her skeptical and, eventually, correct!
Yes, they missed it. They could have done that with Fitz and Simmons as well, especially with the Hub episode-- they certainly should have put a "gun on the coffee table" in that episode.

They could have presented more "something is wrong" issues to Coulson and emphasized his personaly "to loyal to be suspicious" failing by clearly having him dismiss his own misgivings.

The stuff with May reporting to Fury on Coulson was thrown in as a red herring--but it would have been smart if she had been reporting to Alexander Pierce without knowing he was HYDRA.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:56 PM

7,243 posts, read 7,066,230 times
I will say I love Coulson's reaction to the video.

Classic Joss.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:43 PM

1,492 posts, read 1,617,096 times
Watching the latest episode "Ragtag".

Nice backstory on Garret and Ward. Things are starting to really make sense.

Great line about a "large file download"!

Beware of "joybuzzers"!

Old 05-06-2014, 09:51 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,357 times
I LOL'd at the "large file download", too! Good one! I've got some drawers of files that I'd like to convert to something a LOT more compact, but I never seem to get around to it.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:45 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,721,107 times
OFFICIALLY Renewed for Season 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV