Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 02:44 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,287,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I knew there was something "fishy" about this show. I quit watching after the first episode. I was really annoyed by the opening speech "there will be no contests here in Siberia". Which was immediately followed by a contest. Swiss Miss and Kumar's little "getting lost" act was one of the worst pieces of fakery I've seen on a "reality" show.
Naw, that its filmed in Canada. Real Siberia would be way more spooky I'd think.

I wonder how many of them are moving past the what did I get myself involved in thoughts to putting that aside. The thing which stands out in this is how much they are manipulating them. No way to tell, but I assume some of them actually believe the lies and are sure that someone died and this isn't quiet what they thought.

Still more entertaining than tribal council and snippy infighting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 03:41 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,208,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I knew there was something "fishy" about this show. I quit watching after the first episode. I was really annoyed by the opening speech "there will be no contests here in Siberia". Which was immediately followed by a contest. Swiss Miss and Kumar's little "getting lost" act was one of the worst pieces of fakery I've seen on a "reality" show.
It wasn't a contest per say it was surviving like on wagon trains folks didn't make it all the way to the end for various reasons. They were emulating the harsh conditions that happened to cause some folks not to make it.

nightbird I know Survivor is getting predictably old but I still get enjoyment out of watching it just wish we could start watching like 4 weeks into it. Nobody ever remembers those early ones voted out so let's just skip that part and get into the competitions. I'd still like to see them have to survive more on their own like in the beginning.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:35 AM

198 posts, read 422,235 times
THAT is why i am confused....some people are talking like they think the 'contestants' are real. i thought every little bit was scripted and everyone knew that.

loved the colony btw. only saw part of the first one but all of the second one.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:29 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,227,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sith View Post
THAT is why i am confused....some people are talking like they think the 'contestants' are real. i thought every little bit was scripted and everyone knew that.

loved the colony btw. only saw part of the first one but all of the second one.
Yes, I can understand more why that could confuse you, sith. Don't let other's confusion confuse you. This is scripted tv, not reality. "Reality" doesn't even mean "real" anymore thanks to Hollywood. Siberia is a scripted tv show about a reality show. Kinda like a soap opera. We are supposed to talk about "them" as if they were real people in a real show set in Siberia when in reality (pardon the pun) they are actors playing real people in Canada.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:48 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,639,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
It wasn't a contest per say it was surviving like on wagon trains folks didn't make it all the way to the end for various reasons. They were emulating the harsh conditions that happened to cause some folks not to make it.

nightbird I know Survivor is getting predictably old but I still get enjoyment out of watching it just wish we could start watching like 4 weeks into it. Nobody ever remembers those early ones voted out so let's just skip that part and get into the competitions. I'd still like to see them have to survive more on their own like in the beginning.
I disagree. They had to compete to get to the campsite and the losers got the boot. That flies in the face of what he said a few minues earlier about the only way to get booted was to cross the line.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:06 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,208,255 times
OK but the dude said when they all gathered at the camp that was the reason 2 were being eliminated.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:30 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,684,664 times
Those contestants look wayyyy too perfect to be non-actors, folks. I said that immediately when I saw the first episode introductions.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:48 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,287,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
Those contestants look wayyyy too perfect to be non-actors, folks. I said that immediately when I saw the first episode introductions.
All the people on (Un)Reality tv look perfect and are not actors. Of course they have makeup and all the rest. Acting refers to the question do they make a living out of acting. Reality show reacting is not acting.

And I bet if you were really short, overweight, not so pretty and would never look like a model you wouldn't get on a reality show.

These guys don't strike me as suffcently talented to do that anyway. They are having their fifteen minutes.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:33 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,559,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
This occurred to me as well, even before I came to this thread where folks are saying this not an actual reality show.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:03 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,692,246 times
If you are questioning wether or not they are actors after the 2nd episode....
I mean come on. Do you really think they would provide ammo and rifle right after someone just died? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV