Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 06:13 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,124,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
All I could catch was he said he knew what she did so that was going to make them be very good friends. Wish I had had the closed caption on.
He said something like "I saw what you did at the revealer."; I took it to mean that he saw that she either took something out or placed something within it.

They deserve each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 09:56 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times
I continue to watch this show, but find myself annoyed.... when they are filming a person who could be approaching death (Esther/Sam), I know that would never occur on a reality show, and I find my mind drifting.

I guess the best way to put it is this show stretches my ability to suspend disbelief.

I think I would enjoy it more if I knew what elements were producer controlled and which were actual responses by the actors in these scenes.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:24 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I continue to watch this show, but find myself annoyed.... when they are filming a person who could be approaching death (Esther/Sam), I know that would never occur on a reality show, and I find my mind drifting.

I guess the best way to put it is this show stretches my ability to suspend disbelief.

I think I would enjoy it more if I knew what elements were producer controlled and which were actual responses by the actors in these scenes.

Well by this point, no one should be watching the show thinking it's still a reality show. It's definitely crossed into the realm of pseudo-reality.

As far as the show within the show, I'm thinking that by now, nothing is producer controlled anymore, as it seems all the producers are dead and buried (or eaten).

I did see on the Wikipedia page for this show that there are going to be 12 episodes in this season/series, and we've only seen 7...so that means there are 5 left before everything is hopefully wrapped up.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:02 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Well by this point, no one should be watching the show thinking it's still a reality show. It's definitely crossed into the realm of pseudo-reality.

As far as the show within the show, I'm thinking that by now, nothing is producer controlled anymore, as it seems all the producers are dead and buried (or eaten).

I did see on the Wikipedia page for this show that there are going to be 12 episodes in this season/series, and we've only seen 7...so that means there are 5 left before everything is hopefully wrapped up.
There was also a scene where the woman who was connected to the producers was telling a camera man to keep filming so there would be some record of what happened to them. Documenting those who died would include that. I'm not sure that it was ever really a 'reality show, but an experiment. What killed the 'producers' was likely an unforseen turn of the wheel.

This could be the Stanford prison experiment gone very very wrong too.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:10 PM

I know its not a reality show.

But what I don't know is this- is every scene entirely scripted, OR do the producers throw the actors into this setting and then start making random cr@p happen, and then film what happens to them/their reactions/etc.

THAT is what bugs me about this show.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:26 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
I know its not a reality show.

But what I don't know is this- is every scene entirely scripted, OR do the producers throw the actors into this setting and then start making random cr@p happen, and then film what happens to them/their reactions/etc.

THAT is what bugs me about this show.
Of course it's totally scripted! Do you really think that even Hollyweird producers would let people be injured and killed for just a tv show??? Do you think any production would continue to let a psychopath like that horrible guy continue to be in the midst of others? Come on, woman, it's just a tv show messing with YOUR mind!!! It is NOT real in any shape or form. It is just a show. Totally scripted.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Of course it's totally scripted! Do you really think that even Hollyweird producers would let people be injured and killed for just a tv show??? Do you think any production would continue to let a psychopath like that horrible guy continue to be in the midst of others? Come on, woman, it's just a tv show messing with YOUR mind!!! It is NOT real in any shape or form. It is just a show. Totally scripted.
Your comments completely miss the point of my post. Amazingly so.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:28 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,087 times
Quote:
I get what you're saying. You're wondering whether the fictional "producers" are still influencing the storyline of the show...or are they really dead and the "participants" are really on their own fending for themselves.

I would also like to see more of the camera crew at this point. There has to be about 5-6 "crew" out there between multiple camera handlers and sound men. If the "participants" are truely fighting for their lives at this point, the "crew" would be also and we should see some of their reactions now too. Would make it more interesting.

I can't wait to find out what's really going on with this show and for it to conclude and get our answers.

I really think it has to do with the meteorite crash back in the 1900s in Siberia. Kulik was one of the first to view that site after the explosion and now they find his journal. I think it's all going to tie into that.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:03 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
I may have missed the point because it does not make any sense to me. It is just a tv show, nothing more. No big experiment going on.

Oh, wait, there may be an experiment going on, seeing how many people think this is real.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:25 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
I get what you're saying. You're wondering whether the fictional "producers" are still influencing the storyline of the show...or are they really dead and the "participants" are really on their own fending for themselves.

I would also like to see more of the camera crew at this point. There has to be about 5-6 "crew" out there between multiple camera handlers and sound men. If the "participants" are truely fighting for their lives at this point, the "crew" would be also and we should see some of their reactions now too. Would make it more interesting.

I can't wait to find out what's really going on with this show and for it to conclude and get our answers.

I really think it has to do with the meteorite crash back in the 1900s in Siberia. Kulik was one of the first to view that site after the explosion and now they find his journal. I think it's all going to tie into that.
I've wondered about the camera crew. The one that was part of the prodution told them to keep filming but where do they live? What are they eating? The implicaton is they are also trapped and the record is mostly so someone knows what happened to them.

I would guess the experiment is continuing, even if nobody is running it. Or so they are to believe. Or was this the whole point, to push them until they'd forgotten anything but trying to survive.

I sure would like to read a translation of Kulik's diary. And I'm sure there was a reason that the one woman found her grave but did she tell anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV