Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 06:16 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,216,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
The reference to the Behavoral group made me think of the Stanford expeiment of the sixties with a mock prison and students filling the rolls as guards and prisoners. After a while they took on the roles and it was ended sooner than they planned as things were getting out of hand. So people can fall into a role and not even know it. What if they had just let it run on, just to see how far it got?

I wonder if all of this they find is real and they are really trapped, or they have now entered the second part of the experiment having been sufficently brainwashed that its all real.

I'll have to watch this whole thing over and see what clues were missed when its done.
I remember seeing that study. It definitely unwound quickly and those kids who were "the guards" sure turned mean, didn't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 12:02 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,277,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I remember seeing that study. It definitely unwound quickly and those kids who were "the guards" sure turned mean, didn't they?
They embrased the power they were given beyond what anyone imagined. They were just college kids without violent issues. It came as a shock to see how quickly it grew out of control. There are a couple of you tube videos which show it in its entirity. One of the things they wanted to see was how much influence circumstances and opporutnity have on normal people. It rewrote a lot of theories along the way.

The way this show is modeled is similar. I can see something like survivor without all the interruptions turning more like this. Maybe all those silly competitions and token have an important function afterall.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:44 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,749,704 times
Quote:
Irene is the Asian chick? Thanks, I can't seem to remember the character's names to much. Why burn the stump in a fire? Oh, so no rotten flesh is around to attract wild animals? Duh. Yes, I want answers to this show!!!!
When in this case they would have to cut her leg right above the injury before the infection spreads and then they have to sear her leg where they cut it off in order to carterize the wound ending. Sort of the same thing they did fn the civil war for amputees.

Yeah their names are hard to remember, but interestingly enough that the actors are using their real first names.

I read also that there hidden symbols and clues through out the story line, btw the dairy they found did actual exist and Kulick did write in his journal about the Tunguska event in Seberia 1908. Also the fire in the sky was something similar that is written in Kulick's account.

Tunguska event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-14-2013, 08:06 AM

Well, DUH on me! I had a senior moment about the stump that would be left. My brain kept telling me it was the past cut off they would have to burn. Yes, of course they would have to cauterize it.

I did not realize this show was based on actual events (the diary).

Old 08-14-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Well, DUH on me! I had a senior moment about the stump that would be left. My brain kept telling me it was the past cut off they would have to burn. Yes, of course they would have to cauterize it.

I did not realize this show was based on actual events (the diary).
I wonder if there is a translated version of this diary one can buy. I'd love to read it.

Yes, they will be back to very basic hope and a prayer medicine very soon.

I like that element since it fascinates me how people react when they really do have all their expectations fall away and survival is the only thing left.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:05 AM

I thought Sam was a goner last night. Glad to see he wasn't. Ester should have killed that rotten guy. She must have spiked the Vodka so everyone passed out and either she and/or the rotten guy took Irene out of bed. From the looks of the preview, Irene is buried, dead I presume, under snow. I think the chopper pilot was Joyce's husband. Maybe he survived? One of the men said "where are the bodies?". Gosh, I'm so addicted to this stupid show! I can't wait to see what happens next.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I thought Sam was a goner last night. Glad to see he wasn't. Ester should have killed that rotten guy. She must have spiked the Vodka so everyone passed out and either she and/or the rotten guy took Irene out of bed. From the looks of the preview, Irene is buried, dead I presume, under snow. I think the chopper pilot was Joyce's husband. Maybe he survived? One of the men said "where are the bodies?". Gosh, I'm so addicted to this stupid show! I can't wait to see what happens next.
From their point of view, Irene is going to die from the infection so they are sparing her that. They are taking the fatilistic view. The others are just starting to get that they are on their own. I wish I'd kept the episodes of this show to watch again since this is one to do that afterall.

Were the trees felled by something like a comet, like Tungustieu? Could have knocked out the monitoring setup and electronics too.

Sam might need to lose the foot. I loved the unity among them and going back for him even if it was likely he was dead.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:46 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,085,937 times
What did miljan say to esther to make her stop and turn back at him? I couldn't understand what he said and rewatched that part like 3 times and still couldn't get it.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
What did miljan say to esther to make her stop and turn back at him? I couldn't understand what he said and rewatched that part like 3 times and still couldn't get it.
All I could catch was he said he knew what she did so that was going to make them be very good friends. Wish I had had the closed caption on.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:52 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,085,937 times
Quote:
All I could catch was he said he knew what she did so that was going to make them be very good friends. Wish I had had the closed caption on.
Yeah, I was trying to figure out if he was referring to when Esther was getting cozy with one of the cameramen in the water in one of the earlier episodes? Or did Esther do something else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV