Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 07:24 AM

800 posts, read 1,297,603 times

Advertisements

christian was booted 5th and the boys "lost" because the show wanted a leslie/cutter "mini-final" but it would have been ridiculous had cutter made it to the final, FINAL. so this way the show got the dramatic duel they wanted and can have leslie vs one of the girls in the final.

leslie vs Elizabeth is the friendly duel, they both seem to like each other

leslie vs courtney is the funny, abrasive, kinda likable SAHD against the "dancer" who doesnt really ever cook on the show and bothers the country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 10:50 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,949 times
Top 5 episode:
I knew Christian was going to get eliminated, but I didn't agree with it. Leslie didn't clean the tongue correctly, which made it virtually inedible. Christian messed up the rest of his dish, but seasoned and cooked the brain correctly. Christian should have stayed and Leslie should have gone home. But of course, that wasn't going to happen, because they want Leslie to go all the way.

Top 4 episode:
When Courtney chose Elizabeth I knew they were going to win, only because Cutter and Leslie do not get along. I wish Elizabeth would have either chosen the New York box, or stood up to Courtney. Courtney has proven she's not good at coming up with dishes. First, she put Brussels sprouts and tomatoes together (in a previous episode), then she put fish with cheese and pears. That proves to me she doesn't know flavor profiles.

Leslie threw Cutter under the bus big time. I have no respect for that, and that makes me like him even less. He was blaming Cutter for stuff he did, and justified it by saying Cutter should have known. Cutter sliced his finger and was with the medic, how is he responsible for the cooking that took place while he was gone?

As anyone who has read this thread knows, I can't stand Cutter. However, the fact he got all of the components on each of the plates means he should have won. I call BS on GR saying Cutter's tuna was undercooked. It looked just like GR's! So if Cutter's was undercooked, so was GR's. Then I could look at Leslie's tuna and tell it was waaaaay overcooked. I mean, hardly any pink at all. The overcooked protein, plus the missing components means Leslie should have lost. They overlooked what was wrong with the plate because they claimed the protein was cooked "perfectly" and offset the missing components. Where was that logic the previous episode, when Christian was sent home? The one pressure test Cutter actually won, they took it from him and gave it to Leslie. I may not like Cutter, but I think he got robbed on this one. He really did do a better job.

These two episodes just solidified my idea that this show is rigged for the cook they want to win. I suspected as much the season Christine (the blind woman) won, but now I know for sure.

My take on the final 3:
Courtney doesn't know how to construct a dish. She doesn't understand flavor profiles and under the guise of taking risks, she pairs items that don't belong together. That can either work for or against her. In the past, it's worked against her. If she sticks to what she knows (Italian), she'll do well. If they throw something at her that isn't what she knows, she'll struggle.

Elizabeth is the best of the final three. She's proven she's versatile and can cook food she may not be familiar with. She can cook under pressure, but once she gets frustrated, she has a hard time recovering. I think if she keeps her composure, she'll do well.

Leslie can cook, but his attitude is very off-putting. He reminds me of an older, male version of Krissy (last season). Leslie's biggest downfall is his ego. Sometimes he gets bogged down in making snide remarks and exchanging barbs with other contestants, which throws him off his game. If he can focus on cooking, he'll do well.

I'm not sure why Leslie would need to win this competition to start his restaurant. By his own admission, his wife makes a lot of money, so he could have started his own restaurant at any time. Maybe the MC name will propel him to success? I'm a little confused by his statement.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:07 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
LOL, the only one whose attitude (IMO) is "off-putting" is Courtney. She's cooked under pressure less than anyone (and plenty of her "wins" have involved team challenges).

Also, I believe that Elizabeth should have had to cook under pressure like the rest of them. Clearly, I'm no fan of this kwap about being able to sit out these cooking tests because you won a simple challenge. Deciding who cooks what should be enough of an advantage.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:37 PM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBanana View Post
It didn't even occur to me, and that it occurred to you suggests that you need new things to think about. She danced her way through college, apparently. She likely wasn't a dancer when she was 17. In addition, dancers can make a lot of money - she could have easily raised a son if she wanted. It seems like people on here care less about the cooking, and more about screaming, "SHE'S A SL-T! SHE'S A SL-T AND THEREFORE SHOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO COOK! SLU-S CAN'T COOK!"
Has nothing to do with whether or not she can cook.. And the dancer part.. Could be relevant.. It's the interaction between the two and the way she dotes over him that seems much more like a parent/child relationship than a sibling relationship.

Perhaps it's just because there's such a big age difference.. But she talks and treats him like he's her child, not like he's her brother.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:45 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,750 times
Cutter was the better cook last night and should not have gone home if they based it on this challenge alone.
Overall, Leslie has been the better cook.

Christian is heading back to N'awlins but he got a solid off for an investor to get his food truck business going. That's way better than a cookbook, IMO.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:59 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,029,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBanana View Post
It didn't even occur to me, and that it occurred to you suggests that you need new things to think about. She danced her way through college, apparently. She likely wasn't a dancer when she was 17. In addition, dancers can make a lot of money - she could have easily raised a son if she wanted. It seems like people on here care less about the cooking, and more about screaming, "SHE'S A SL-T! SHE'S A SL-T AND THEREFORE SHOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO COOK! SLU-S CAN'T COOK!"
On the contrary, I think she's a SL-T and I think SL-Ts can cook...

I also think the show is making much of the fact that she's not exactly paying her way through school by delivering cupcakes to shut-ins (unless we are seriously redefining the words "cupcakes" and "shut-ins.")

I do not like her, I will never like her, she is fakey and uses her dubious charms to influence the judges, and I think it's as weird as anything that they brought in her "brother" who only wanted mac & cheese when everyone else had some adult in their lives who wanted to come and support them and who wanted their contestant to "elevate" something more difficult.

If you ask me, mac & cheese isn't the only thing she's been "elevating" on this show, and I think the choice of her pressure test ingredient was not random.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:02 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,029,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
None of the judges offered Cutter any perks when he was booted.
Yes, it was kind of sad and amusing all at the same time, because I was waiting for something, any kind of a crumb to be thrown to him, and I could sense everyone there kind of holding their breath in suspense also, and then..."Okey-dokey then, bye now!"

Old 09-09-2014, 04:54 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,167,649 times
Cutter was not that great, and I"m not going to defend him whatsoever. Leslie is a much better cook. This man has proven himself. And this is why Cutter was let go.

And whoever mentioned the lil boy could be Courtney's son, I had the same thoughts.

I'm thinking this might be a Leslie - Skank Courtney Finale... Courtney can cook, sure, but I think Leslie can cook better... And I don't think people would want to buy cook books from a Stripper Pole Dancer vs. A Stay at home Dad..... My OPINION of course.... And I don't get the hate some of these cooks - Cutter being one of them for Leslie because he is a Stay at home Dad...

Old 09-09-2014, 06:55 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Has nothing to do with whether or not she can cook.. And the dancer part.. Could be relevant.. It's the interaction between the two and the way she dotes over him that seems much more like a parent/child relationship than a sibling relationship.

Perhaps it's just because there's such a big age difference.. But she talks and treats him like he's her child, not like he's her brother.
It's hard to tell whether he's her son or her brother. He could be a 1/2 brother born to one of her parents' 2nd marriages, hence the age difference. I only had one husband, but my oldest was 16 when my youngest was born, and she doted on him, coddled him, took him everywhere and was very motherly toward him. She got married when he was 5 and he was her ring bearer, the third one she danced with (after her husband and her dad), and treated him motherly until he was about 10 and her first child was born...so who knows. Plus the fact that she's in Philly, and he's not, maybe she was just missing him and being overly coddling. I'm no Courtney fan by any means, but I'm willing to stretch that he might really just be her brother.

As for the final three ~~ very predictable, but sad that Cutter got no offers or pleasantries when he was booted. I agree that he was the better cook, but with the way this show is producer manipulated, I'm not surprised they kept Leslie just like they kept Chrissy last season. I'm thinking it could be a Courtney - Elizabeth finale. Cat fight!

Old 09-09-2014, 07:01 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,949 times
One other thing I forgot to post earlier. Did the judges cook meals from all of the boxes? How could they know which box each team would pick? How could they know which team would lose? Was there a time delay, in that we saw it as one day, but it really encompassed two, so the chefs had a chance to each cook a meal from the rejected box of the losing team? That is really bugging me. It's inconceivable they would cook 12 meals (four from each judge) in anticipation of the losing team and their rejected box. I'm sure they could have done it, but it would be very wasteful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV