Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 04:58 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,029 posts, read 6,546,818 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's me (and I admit I am not a big fan of comic book type action), but the whole scene in the fighting pit was much too "campy" for me. First of all, if the Harpy's wanted to kill Dany, why did they not sent a few of those spears in her direction. And the dragon showing up just in time????

I think I would have been just as happy with the scene if Dany had spun around and used her "magic lasso".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 05:04 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,603,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
He was one of the people who helped capture her father and kill the various Stark retainers, in addition to (possibly) killing Sirio Forel.

Thanks, so is he on her list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Maybe it's me (and I admit I am not a big fan of comic book type action), but the whole scene in the fighting pit was much too "campy" for me. First of all, if the Harpy's wanted to kill Dany, why did they not sent a few of those spears in her direction. And the dragon showing up just in time????

I think I would have been just as happy with the scene if Dany had spun around and used her "magic lasso".
I thought she was calling him, like Bran can control animals, when she closed her eyes.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:13 PM

45,422 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Thanks, so is he on her list?

I thought she was calling him, like Bran can control animals, when she closed her eyes.
Oh yes, he's on Arya's special list.

The dragon at the end, I haven't seen last night's episode (Mrs. NBP doesn't allow me to watch it. She also didn't like Deadwood, The Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire either) and I didn't have a chance to OnDemand it today, is in the books at about the same time and place. It's explained that the noise and smell of blood attracted him.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:51 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Man, I don't think I'll be able to get those screams out of my head. I was NOT expecting Shireen to burn!
Spoiler
especially since it doesn't happen in the book
! So, Stannis is doomed, right? He can not have any sort of a happy ending after burning his own child at the stake, right? Even if he wins at Winterfell (which looks like it's happening next season unless next week turns out to be a very action filled episode 10, which has never been the case before), he will forever be known as the King Who Burned His Child. The common folk will not love him for that, never mind the strange religion he has attached himself to. He has to know, deep down inside, that, no matter how true he thinks his claim is (and the sad thing his, his claim IS the right one, so we should be on his side if not on Dany's) he has alienated quite a few people with his actions. Plus, he burned his only heir and it's been noted on the show that he and Selyse have had fertility problems. Looks like the Baratheon line has ended.
The burning of Shireen happened because D&D (showrunners David Benioff & DB Weiss) were told it would happen by George RR Martin.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/game-th...162109332.html

Last edited by NewJeffCT; 06-08-2015 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 06-08-2015, 06:57 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I could not follow what was going on with Lord Tyrell and the Iron Bank group. Why were they there? Did one of Tyrrell's men recognize Arya?
The Iron Bank of Braavos owns most of the crown's debt - Mace Tyrell went there to try to renegotiate terms of the loans. Things are kind of falling apart now that Littlefinger's not in charge of the money - and, now that his brothels have been shut down, any sort of tax revenue they were generating is out the window as well... Just think of the Iron Bank as all the Swiss Banks, and some of the huge American & European banks, all rolled into one. Only, with less humor.

Because they missed a payment under Cersei, the Iron Bank allowed Stannis to hire thousands of mercenaries in order to help him win the throne vs the Lannisters. (I believe he promised to continue paying the crown's debts to the Iron Bank if/when he wins the Iron Throne)

Old 06-08-2015, 08:46 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
The Iron Bank of Braavos owns most of the crown's debt - Mace Tyrell went there to try to renegotiate terms of the loans. Things are kind of falling apart now that Littlefinger's not in charge of the money - and, now that his brothels have been shut down, any sort of tax revenue they were generating is out the window as well... Just think of the Iron Bank as all the Swiss Banks, and some of the huge American & European banks, all rolled into one. Only, with less humor.

Because they missed a payment under Cersei, the Iron Bank allowed Stannis to hire thousands of mercenaries in order to help him win the throne vs the Lannisters. (I believe he promised to continue paying the crown's debts to the Iron Bank if/when he wins the Iron Throne)
Sounds like 2008 all over again.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:14 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post

That scene was in the book. I thought it was great.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:01 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,190,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Once Dany recovers from the assassination attempt I believe she will be making an example of
the people behind the Harpy masks. From what I saw of the ones who were unmasked it was the
wealthy lords that she overthrew. I wouldn't want to be one of them..........
Thank you. Why don't they just unmask these guys after they're killed, see if anyone recognizes one, and then go and kill that entire person's family?

Seems it would put a quick stop to the uprising.....

Old 06-09-2015, 07:26 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Thank you. Why don't they just unmask these guys after they're killed, see if anyone recognizes one, and then go and kill that entire person's family?

Seems it would put a quick stop to the uprising.....

They're pretty much dragon food.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:05 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,190,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
They're pretty much dragon food.
Not all. There were a bunch of dead ones lying in the stadium stands while other people ran around screaming....for many minutes.....even after the dragon got there.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV