Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 09:20 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I enjoyed last night. Cannot believe Stannis though. That was horrible to watch. I really thought Jorah was toast, but looks like he lives another day. Can't wait for the finale!!
I can't say things are looking too good for Jorah for next week.

Oops. I said Jorah when I meant Davos.

Spoiler
Hard to know what will happen to the unlucky ones who didn't qualify for Dragon Airways.

Last edited by jackmccullough; 06-08-2015 at 10:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 09:53 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,319,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Once Dany recovers from the assassination attempt I believe she will be making an example of
the people behind the Harpy masks. From what I saw of the ones who were unmasked it was the
wealthy lords that she overthrew. I wouldn't want to be one of them..........
I wouldn't count on it given that she never stretched one finger to help the people, rule or take action; she merely rode at the head of her columns of warriors with dragons on her somewhere. She destroyed existing power structures and did nothing to replace them except sit in judgement. She left the dealings with the fallout to others and luxuriated in her tower without stepping one foot to taking the throne she supposedly said she wanted. Basically she talked a good show but relied upon advisors to tell her what to do.

Lesson to be learned: rule; lead, or get out of the way.

she is not my favorite character but at the end of book 5 I did have hopes for her

Old 06-08-2015, 09:57 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,403,724 times
I would like to see Stannis go to Club Ramsey for a couple months! That was a tough scene to sit through.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:13 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,027,817 times
I died a little bit last night watching what Stannis did

Old 06-08-2015, 10:34 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
I wouldn't count on it given that she never stretched one finger to help the people, rule or take action; she merely rode at the head of her columns of warriors with dragons on her somewhere. She destroyed existing power structures and did nothing to replace them except sit in judgement. She left the dealings with the fallout to others and luxuriated in her tower without stepping one foot to taking the throne she supposedly said she wanted. Basically she talked a good show but relied upon advisors to tell her what to do.

Lesson to be learned: rule; lead, or get out of the way.

she is not my favorite character but at the end of book 5 I did have hopes for her
Valid points. She must have learned that her soldiers and dragons can't protect her
all the time. I believe Tyrion will be a much better advisor, and she needs to listen well since he has been on top of the wheel as well as on the bottom.
Cunning and guile will be very important lessons for her.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:19 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Made sense for Ser Alliser to let them pass. If he hadn't, he would have lost the 50% of the Black Watch loyal to Jon. At least, by letting the Wildings pass, there's a good chance the Wildings will help in future battles with the army of the dead.
Or maybe he was banking on the 50% beginning to hate Jon Snow because they've been fighting the Wildlings forever and it's nearly impossible to turn off the hate. I hope for Jon's sake he gets those people far away from Castle Black, and they are able to live without too much conflict. Also, let's hope they actually help in the fight. I think they will because they actually know the enemy more than most people south of the wall.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:53 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Or maybe he was banking on the 50% beginning to hate Jon Snow because they've been fighting the Wildlings forever and it's nearly impossible to turn off the hate. I hope for Jon's sake he gets those people far away from Castle Black, and they are able to live without too much conflict. Also, let's hope they actually help in the fight. I think they will because they actually know the enemy more than most people south of the wall.
And have seen the enemy face-to-face.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:11 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,349,447 times
Man, I don't think I'll be able to get those screams out of my head. I was NOT expecting Shireen to burn!
Spoiler
especially since it doesn't happen in the book
! So, Stannis is doomed, right? He can not have any sort of a happy ending after burning his own child at the stake, right? Even if he wins at Winterfell (which looks like it's happening next season unless next week turns out to be a very action filled episode 10, which has never been the case before), he will forever be known as the King Who Burned His Child. The common folk will not love him for that, never mind the strange religion he has attached himself to. He has to know, deep down inside, that, no matter how true he thinks his claim is (and the sad thing his, his claim IS the right one, so we should be on his side if not on Dany's) he has alienated quite a few people with his actions. Plus, he burned his only heir and it's been noted on the show that he and Selyse have had fertility problems. Looks like the Baratheon line has ended.

I hope that, with this latest chaos, Dany grows a pair and some brains and takes action. She needs to listen to Daario, go back to Meereen, and kill every suspicious looking person she can find. Line them all up and let the dragons take care of them. I truly think that the Sons of the Harpy grew in number throughout the season, that w/ every victory, more people joined them. Had she taken care of them earlier, she likely would have had better luck. Now her Unsullied are even fewer in number, there are a ton of Harpys running around, we still don't know who the leader is (sorry for accusing you Hizdahr, RIP) and Dany is pulling an Atreyu flying around on her fire-breathing Falcor while Tyrion & Co. have to deal with the BS below (I'm using the Neverending Story reference b/c, IMHO, the special effects were only a bit better than that). She needs to ease up on Jorah; the man has proven himself and for the love of god, he's sorry! And she needs to get the bleep out of the horror show that is Meereen. So, in order: come back on Drogon; round up all the masters and their allies; release the other two dragons; burn everyone who may be a Harpy/Harpy apologist; establish yourself as a take no BS ruler; set up a council; gather your remaining troops; go to Westeros. Enough with this Essos nonsense already!

Anyone else think Arya is going to role play being a prostitute and seduce Trant before killing him? It would be like Lucy Liu's character from Kill Bill taking out the guy who killed her family.

Are the Black Brothers REALLY going to keep complaining about Jon letting in the Wildings even after they tell them about the travesty at Hardhome? It seems like at least Sam knows about it. At what point do you put prejudices aside and realize that the real enemy is the dude who can raise the dead? If that kid Ollie keeps glares at Jon one more time, I'm going to smack him. Yes, we get it, your family is dead, join the freaking club and start using your brain instead of letting anger rule you. Seems like Jon and Sansa understands this (Arya, not so much and I worry her unending quest for vengeance will have come consequences if she keeps disobeying Jacqen Hagar).

Thank you for giving Doran some more lines, but I really don't care about Dorne any more.

Last edited by eevee; 06-08-2015 at 04:21 PM..

Old 06-08-2015, 04:30 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,603,432 times
Why was Arya so interested in that guy? He wasn't the one who beheaded her father was he?

Old 06-08-2015, 04:33 PM

45,422 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Why was Arya so interested in that guy? He wasn't the one who beheaded her father was he?

He was one of the people who helped capture her father and kill the various Stark retainers, in addition to (possibly) killing Sirio Forel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV