Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 09:41 AM

677 posts, read 653,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I'm wondering if Lady Stoneheart will make an appearance in any future seasons. Folks who have read the books know immediately who I am talkiing about.
I highly doubt it myself. That whole part of the storyline is among those that seem to have been chopped off as excess fat. I'm sorry for that, as I really wanted to see how that went, and I think the fans would have been very happy to see her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 10:39 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
I highly doubt it myself. That whole part of the storyline is among those that seem to have been chopped off as excess fat. I'm sorry for that, as I really wanted to see how that went, and I think the fans would have been very happy to see her.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:02 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Yep, sounds like a Littlefinger set up to me. I loved seeing Cersei hoisted on her own petard. I'm just wondering if Tommen will send the Kings Guard after the Sparrow and his followers, now that Cersei is out of the picture.

I'm wondering if Lady Stoneheart will make an appearance in any future seasons. Folks who have read the books know immediately who I am talkiing about.
Supposedly, Michelle Fairley was listed on IMDB as appearing in episode 10 as "Hooded Woman" - but, it was quickly taken down. (Benjen Stark is listed as appearing in episode 10 as well - not seen since season 1)

Final episode is called "Mother's Mercy" as well.

IMDB is notoriously unreliable in these situations, though.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:03 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,029 posts, read 6,546,818 times
Well for all of you who were asking "Where are the White Walkers?" I think you received your fill tonight. My opinion is that there was too much "White Walker" in this episode.......

Old 05-31-2015, 08:13 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,029 posts, read 6,546,818 times
I really don't like the White Walker thing. I don't watch zombie movies or read zombie books. But it's part of the plot and will, no doubt, be part of the end game.

So how will the White Walkers be stopped? Dragon Glass?? I would bet there is not enough Dragon Glass in the Game of Thrones world to stop the White Walkers. My money is on the dragons and fire. At some point they will fly in and exterminate all the White Walkers with Dragon File.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:17 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,736,593 times
Ha! Finally! I haven't watched GOT since Sansa's wedding night episode and, from what episode recap I read, I didn't miss much. So glad I decided to watch tonight's episode. The plot was finally moving faster and a long awaited serious action finally happened.

I couldn't care less with Arya's storyline (my brain stopped trying to make sense of it long ago since it's so darn tedious), but I enjoyed Thyrion and Dany's scenes together.

I wonder if John Snow's rival will open the wall door for him and the wildlings who come with him next week.

Edited to add: does anyone know whose sword it was that John Snow picked up that finally killed a white walker soldier?

Old 05-31-2015, 08:34 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Ha! Finally! I haven't watched GOT since Sansa's wedding night episode and, from what episode recap I read, I didn't miss much. So glad I decided to watch tonight's episode. The plot was finally moving faster and a long awaited serious action finally happened.

I couldn't care less with Arya's storyline (my brain stopped trying to make sense of it long ago since it's so darn tedious), but I enjoyed Thyrion and Dany's scenes together.

I wonder if John Snow's rival will open the wall door for him and the wildlings who come with him next week.

Edited to add: does anyone know whose sword it was that John Snow picked up that finally killed a white walker soldier?
That was his own sword, Longclaw, the Valyrian steel sword that Lord Commander Mormont gave to him back in season 1.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:56 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
That was his own sword, Longclaw, the Valyrian steel sword that Lord Commander Mormont gave to him back in season 1.
Didn't Twyin forge 2 Valyrian steel swords giving one to Jamie & one to Geoffrey, also ?

So Dragon Glass, Valyrian Steel and Dragon's Fire can kill those walking dead thingies......
I'd put my money on Dragon Fire from Drogon, with Dany riding on his back. After all, she
is going to "Break the Wheel."

Super wise move to make Tyron her advisor. Nothing like getting to know your enemy
before engaging them in battle.

Great episode. I hear the next two are even better.............

Old 05-31-2015, 09:50 PM

7,370 posts, read 5,484,723 times
I thought the battle scene was great! I was hoping the wilding woman would make it though. And I liked the giant brushing the walkers off like they were annoying mosquitoes. Jon Snow is really owning this season.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:54 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,637,377 times
Loved the final scene. "Here, let me double my army"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV