Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2015, 09:39 AM

677 posts, read 653,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't think things are going to go well for Cersei. Loras can confess to what everybody already knows, or he could possibly risk continuing to deny the charges. A squire of a knight would almost certainly see his lord naked as he dressed for battle, so the birthmark isn't that damning. I think if he and Margaery confessed and repented, they would be punished but spared. .
I don't have alot of hope for Loras. His character is already much larger than he was in the books.

Spoiler
in the books he was never a main character, died long ago "off-screen", and never had a PoV chapter written. His homosexuality (as well as that of Renly) was never confirmed or seen, only hinted at/rumored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
P.S. I am wondering whether Pa Sparrow has some dirty secret that Littlefinger knows. He told Olenna he had a "gift" for her, and I assume it's some information to help the Tyrells. Cersei's imprisonment, while probably delightful to Olenna, is not going to help Margaery or Loras, so I think he was alluding to something else. Blackmail?
Littlefinger already told her what he knew. He knew about Lancel, the one who was brought in having told of her mis-deeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
The Mountain could take care of Sparrow and his flock and rescue Cersei.
I believe he has recovered from his wounds. Not that I would like her
being saved from a fate worse than death.
This is no secret/spoiler, it just isn't as clear from the show as they haven't focused on it as much. The Mountain is dead, the poisons killed him quite painfully and surely. The maester Cersei raised is known for messing with "dark arts" and has been trying to Frankenstein him back to life. It is assumed that it will probably work at some point and he will be back. His expected (but as yet unconsummated) return is commonly referred to as "Franken-Greggor".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 09:56 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
In the books, Loras is not dead. We were told he was grievously scarred by boiling oil during the taking of Dragonstone, but that he was hanging on. However, that was related by Margaery, so could actually be some sort of Tyrell ruse as well.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
In the books, Loras is not dead. We were told he was grievously scarred by boiling oil during the taking of Dragonstone, but that he was hanging on. However, that was related by Margaery, so could actually be some sort of Tyrell ruse as well.
Hmm, I remembered it differently, I'll have to go back an re-read it. Checking the wiki though it seems you are probably right, although I doubt that it is any Tyrell ruse. It states that:

Spoiler
"it is reported that Loras was horribly injured by quarrels, maces, and boiling oil in the battle." and later that, "Ser Loras is reportedly gravely injured at Dragonstone. The last report that the imprisoned Cersei received was that he had been dying of his wounds received whilst taking the castle."

Old 05-27-2015, 10:50 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,079 times
Quote:
ToddATX[/b];39778594]

This is no secret/spoiler, it just isn't as clear from the show as they haven't focused on it as much. The Mountain is dead, the poisons killed him quite painfully and surely. The maester Cersei raised is known for messing with "dark arts" and has been trying to Frankenstein him back to life. It is assumed that it will probably work at some point and he will be back. His expected (but as yet unconsummated) return is commonly referred to as "Franken-Greggor".
Thanks for that Todd. I thought the maester was speaking to him thru the
cheese cloth on his face in one of the past episodes. Maybe he will be raised
by the White Walker King touching him like he did the baby and and he will become a
"Dead Franken-Greggor Walking."

Last edited by Pawporri; 05-27-2015 at 10:58 AM..

Old 05-27-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Thanks for that Todd. I thought the maester was speaking to him thru the
cheese cloth on his face in one of the past episodes. Maybe he will be raised
by the White Walker King touching him like he did the baby and and he will become a
"Dead Franken-Greggor Walking."
There's actually a very expected/foreshadowed story arc coming for that Franken-Greggor but getting into that would both actually be spoiler-ish, and could be done entirely differently in the show as the storylines in the show increasingly diverge greatly from the books.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:48 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
There's actually a very expected/foreshadowed story arc coming for that Franken-Greggor but getting into that would both actually be spoiler-ish, and could be done entirely differently in the show as the storylines in the show increasingly diverge greatly from the books.
I still think they can reconcile the Winterfell/Sansa/Brienne storylines with what's going on in the books.

Spoiler alert below -
-
-
-

Spoiler
In the books, Sansa is still at the Eyrie. On the show, Littlefinger is heading back to the Eyrie to seemingly gather his forces to defeat what is left of the winner of Roose Bolton and Stannis Baratheon. If book Alayne Stone is with the Eyrie's forces as Sansa Stark coming to reclaim Winterfell, it could basically wind up in the same place. Sansa as the Lady of Winterfell with a united force of the remaining Northerners (led by the Manderlys from White Harbor, who hate the Boltons) and everybody from the Eyrie behind her. Not sure how Brienne works into that, unless she also heads to Winterfell upon hearing about Sansa.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:26 AM

2,858 posts, read 2,175,185 times
Quote:

Littlefinger already told her what he knew. He knew about Lancel, the one who was brought in having told of her mis-deeds.
Isn't Lancel already a Sparrow in the first episode of this season? Why didn't he come forward on his own already?

Old 05-28-2015, 10:58 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
Isn't Lancel already a Sparrow in the first episode of this season? Why didn't he come forward on his own already?
He probably did, but the time wasn't right to go after Cersei. The whole point is Cersei setup her own arrest by enabling their group.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
He probably did, but the time wasn't right to go after Cersei. The whole point is Cersei setup her own arrest by enabling their group.
Nah, he may have said some things but he didn't implicate Cersei previously. If he had, she would have been gone before now. For one, just look at how little the Sparrow cares for anyone and is going after everyone. For two, just storytelling wise, just look at how it was set up ...

1. Littlefinger has a confrontation with Lancel while entering the city
2. That confrontation is repeated in the lead ins to the last episode
3. Littlefinger tells the Oleana that he has a name for her, culminating in ...
4. Cersei being arrested by the Sparrow and when she challenges why this is happening, in walks Lancel

Old 05-29-2015, 06:35 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Nah, he may have said some things but he didn't implicate Cersei previously. If he had, she would have been gone before now. For one, just look at how little the Sparrow cares for anyone and is going after everyone. For two, just storytelling wise, just look at how it was set up ...

1. Littlefinger has a confrontation with Lancel while entering the city
2. That confrontation is repeated in the lead ins to the last episode
3. Littlefinger tells the Oleana that he has a name for her, culminating in ...
4. Cersei being arrested by the Sparrow and when she challenges why this is happening, in walks Lancel

Yep, sounds like a Littlefinger set up to me. I loved seeing Cersei hoisted on her own petard. I'm just wondering if Tommen will send the Kings Guard after the Sparrow and his followers, now that Cersei is out of the picture.

I'm wondering if Lady Stoneheart will make an appearance in any future seasons. Folks who have read the books know immediately who I am talkiing about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV